11th Pick Mekhi Becton

Bobby816

I wanted Lamb but I warmed up to this pick extremely quickly. If we had to go OT, Mekhi had to be the guy. He’s obviously the biggest specimen of the bunch at 6’7” 363 and 17% body fat but he’s also clearly the most impactful blocker and was a pure LT. Wirfs to me is a guard and Wills has pretty much only ever played on the right side in his life. The only other pure LT is Andrew Thomas and not only did I have Becton rated higher but he was off the board. Even my girlfriend who knows next to nothing about football was laughing when they showed his highlights because he was rag dolling defenders like it was nothing. 

For all the teams that took one of the top 4 OT’s, we for sure did the best for ourselves. Giants reached (they’re going to be jealous of us for this pick in the future lol), Browns are counting on a position switch, and the Bucs took a guy who’s best suited at guard. Here’s to hoping he maximizes his potential because if he does, we have our next Brick. I think Becton can be even better. 

Edited by jetjuice
  • Like 2

From a few things I've heard from insiders, if he doesn't fail that drug test at the combine he's the first Tackle taken.  One guy said they haven't seen anything like him since Larry Allen but then another said it's the biggest moment of your life and you don't have the maturity to avoid the weed, big red flag for them.

If Tunsil has worked out then I'm not too worried about this and he sounds like he knows he F'ed up.  Here's to hoping we have Larry Allen!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

From a few things I've heard from insiders, if he doesn't fail that drug test at the combine he's the first Tackle taken.  One guy said they haven't seen anything like him since Larry Allen but then another said it's the biggest moment of your life and you don't have the maturity to avoid the weed, big red flag for them.

If Tunsil has worked out then I'm not too worried about this and he sounds like he knows he F'ed up.  Here's to hoping we have Larry Allen!

I think that’s a stupid take from the second guy. I have my MMJ license and I use it for pain management to recover from intense MMA training, and to sleep. I seriously couldn’t care less about the flagged test. It’s better than losing guys like Megatron to retirement because of opioid usage. That’s precisely why it’s not in the new CBA. And if teams were foolish enough to let him fall to us for that reason, shame on them.

• Like 1

Everyone smokes weed, they need to make it legal already... Virginia where Becton is from just decriminalized it.

Leveon Bell must be a happy man today. Watching more breakdowns on Becton, that is a grown man out there abusing people. If he can improve on certain things hes going to be DOMINANT. Just watch how effortlessly he tosses 260 lb DEs, hes throwing them back and pancaking guys. The guy can attack the 2nd level and once hes on you its over with you have no chance. Then the way he effortlessly can move in pass pro is crazy at his size. This is a rare athlete that has huge upside and if he works hard and keeps focus has all pro potential. 

I wanted WR because I love Ceedee Lamb, but I am not upset with drafting a anchor to the OL. We have had such a pathetic OL since Brick and Mangold retired. Its gonna be nice having a franchise LT again.  Beachum was such a awful OT, he wasn't a liability in pass pro but he was in run blocking. Leveon Bell is going to LOVE Becton who will actually push people out of the way. Beachum was truly terrible at run blocking, there is a reason no one wants him. 

Just need to get a WR round 2, I am hoping Michael Pittman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m down to give up either 3rd for Mims

I am with you.  I do not want to gamble that Pittman will be at 48 or Higgins, because frankly, I think all 3 will be gone and those are my top 3 left on the board with Mims in front by a lot.  Want no part of Shenault.  

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcat said:

Really nice video...  if you have character concerns, see last 45 seconds. @Bobby816

I’ll watch tonight for sure. And I never said he has character concerns. I said maturity issues. I in fact yesterday all day was saying I think he absolutely loves football when others were questioning that. I don’t question his heart 1 but. I question his maturity. To fail a drug test at the combine any way you slice it is immature. 

• Like 1