1.22 - MIN: Justin Jefferson WR/LSU (Jersey #18)

RpMc

Just now, SemperFeist said:

But he is. 

I guess we'll see, won't we. I saw some balls that Joe Burrow completed last year that Kirk Cousins wouldn't even attempt - college or pro. I'm not suggesting that he's a better all around QB (he might be), but he's certainly in the same range from an arm strength/accuracy/trajectory standpoint from what I've seen.

12 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I guess we'll see, won't we. I saw some balls that Joe Burrow completed last year that Kirk Cousins wouldn't even attempt - college or pro. I'm not suggesting that he's a better all around QB (he might be), but he's certainly in the same range from an arm strength/accuracy/trajectory standpoint from what I've seen.

Good luck realizing that potential with josh Allen 

13 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I agree. Burrow is the best QB coming out of college since Luck.  I think he'll be special.

15 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Counter point - he isn't.

The one thing Kirk does have over Joe from their collegiate records is that Kirk was far more consistent than Joe was.  While Joe certainly had the higher production overall, he also wasn't nearly as consistent, as was shown by his 2018 season.  You pretty much knew what you were going to get out of Kirk (and still do, even at the NFL level), we really have no idea how Joe is going to perform at the NFL level...will he be 2019 Joe or 2018 Joe?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

He does have a little bit of Diggs in him, I think.  With the highlights I am impressed with his YAC.

And the thing is, Jefferson is bigger, taller, faster, and has better explosion testing than Diggs. He has chance to be special. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

And the thing is, Jefferson is bigger, taller, faster, and has better explosion testing than Diggs. He has chance to be special. 

Perhaps.  It'll be interesting to see how he is used in the run first offense.  One thing I haven't seem any highlights for is his downfield blocking.  Thielen and Diggs were pretty good blocking downfield.  How does Jefferson compare?

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Perhaps.  It'll be interesting to see how he is used in the run first offense.  One thing I haven't seem any highlights for is his downfield blocking.  Thielen and Diggs were pretty good blocking downfield.  How does Jefferson compare?

I don't understand why we think there is an unknown here. We know how Kubiak has utilized his receivers for years now. 

Jefferson is a really good blocker.

• Like 2

A new Vikings centered scouting report for Justin Jefferson over at climbing the pocket

https://climbingthepocket.com/2020/05/06/scouting-report-justin-jefferson/

Vikings fans may be scarred by memories of past first round WRs. Jefferson is not Troy Williamson. He shows great hands throughout his tape. Jefferson is not Cordarrelle Patterson. He shows refined route running technique and the ability to consistently create separation. Jefferson is not Laquon Treadwell. He shows more than adequate, even very good athletic ability on the football field and was able to separation and make plays after the catch against top competition.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

If people have the time, here is a link to joe burrow 2018 first half. It’s about an hour long but it’s great for Jefferson scouting; especially for boundary reps. 

Nice. I’m making some video cutups to look at the Vikings draft picks (not just highlights), and Jefferson 2018 is high on my list.