1.22 - MIN: Justin Jefferson WR/LSU (Jersey #18)

RpMc

On 10/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, TENINCH said:

He's a pretty awesome receiver. Kirk needs to trust him like he trusts Adam Theilen. Let him compete for the ball. 

I hope he does. My main issue with Kirk is his lack of trust unless it’s Adam. There will be times where Jet won’t beat his man but will be in position to make a 50/50 ball. Give the kid his chance

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Diggs stats die off after week 5 or 6 of his rookie season. Jefferson will pass him easily. Well on his way to putting up the second best stats a rookie receiver has put up after being drafted by Minnesota.

Is 1313 yards possible? I doubt it, but would be fun to see him eclipse a 1000 yards.

51 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Is 1313 yards possible? I doubt it, but would be fun to see him eclipse a 1000 yards.

Jefferson currently has 348 yards on 16 receptions.

Moss' 1313 yards  - JJ's 348 yards = 965 yards
965 yards/12 games = 80.41 YPG

1000 - 348 = 652 yards
652/12 games = 54.33 YPG

If he stays healthy I think it would be disappointing if he doesn't get at least 1,000 yards.

Moss has all the rookie receiving records for the Vikings: 69 receptions, 1,313 yards, and 17 TDs. I think Jefferson will challenge for the first two. 

Moss' 69 receptions - JJ's 16 receptions = 53 receptions

53 receptions/12 games = 4.41 receptions/game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

No doubt he's improving.

This is actually more impressive though. With our offense going through the run game, he needs to block well. That's something Diggs never cared to do I think.

He is much better as a run blocker than diggs was in 2015. I do remember arguing on here how terrible w run blocker diggs had been and somebody pulled up pff stats proving he was ranked 4th in the league at run blocking at receiver lol. Diggs wound up improving drastically, but he wasn’t a good run blocker back when we had All Day 

• Like 1

MOSS WATCH:

Jefferson currently has 627 yards on 34 receptions (3 TD's) through 8 games.

Moss' 1313 yards  - JJ's 627 yards = 686 yards
686 yards/8 games = 85.75 YPG

Race to 1,000 yards:

1000 - 627 = 373 yards
373/8 games = 46.625 YPG

Moss has all the rookie receiving records for the Vikings: 69 receptions, 1,313 yards, and 17 TDs. I think Jefferson will challenge for the first two. 

Moss' 69 receptions - JJ's 34 receptions = 35 receptions

35 receptions/8 games = 4.375 receptions/game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

MOSS WATCH:

Jefferson currently has 627 yards on 34 receptions (3 TD's) through 8 games.

Moss' 1313 yards  - JJ's 627 yards = 686 yards
686 yards/8 games = 85.75 YPG

Race to 1,000 yards:

1000 - 627 = 373 yards
373/8 games = 46.625 YPG

Moss' 69 receptions - JJ's 34 receptions = 35 receptions

35 receptions/8 games = 4.375 receptions/game

If you really want to do some work,  it would be interesting to see how they compare by route ran and by offensive play.  The Vikings run the ball a lot but haven't ran that many plays

40 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

If you really want to do some work,  it would be interesting to see how they compare by route ran and by offensive play.  The Vikings run the ball a lot but haven't ran that many plays

I'll leave that to someone else haha. I'm not even sure where I would find that information.

it's hard to complain when the offense has been playing the way it has the past couple games but i'd really like to see jefferson have another big game. his efficiency stats are still off the charts but he's only gotten more than 5 targets in two games this season - weeks 3 and 6 when he put up 175 and 166 yards, respectively. 

• Like 1