Sign in to follow this  
RpMc

1.22 - MIN: Justin Jefferson WR/LSU (Jersey #18)

On 10/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, TENINCH said:

He's a pretty awesome receiver. Kirk needs to trust him like he trusts Adam Theilen. Let him compete for the ball. 

I hope he does. My main issue with Kirk is his lack of trust unless it’s Adam. There will be times where Jet won’t beat his man but will be in position to make a 50/50 ball. Give the kid his chance

Diggs stats die off after week 5 or 6 of his rookie season. Jefferson will pass him easily. Well on his way to putting up the second best stats a rookie receiver has put up after being drafted by Minnesota.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Diggs stats die off after week 5 or 6 of his rookie season. Jefferson will pass him easily. Well on his way to putting up the second best stats a rookie receiver has put up after being drafted by Minnesota.

Is 1313 yards possible? I doubt it, but would be fun to see him eclipse a 1000 yards.

51 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Is 1313 yards possible? I doubt it, but would be fun to see him eclipse a 1000 yards.

Jefferson currently has 348 yards on 16 receptions.

Moss' 1313 yards  - JJ's 348 yards = 965 yards
965 yards/12 games = 80.41 YPG

1000 - 348 = 652 yards
652/12 games = 54.33 YPG

If he stays healthy I think it would be disappointing if he doesn't get at least 1,000 yards.

Moss has all the rookie receiving records for the Vikings: 69 receptions, 1,313 yards, and 17 TDs. I think Jefferson will challenge for the first two. 

Moss' 69 receptions - JJ's 16 receptions = 53 receptions

53 receptions/12 games = 4.41 receptions/game

I would not be shocked to see Jefferson surpass Moss’ rookie reception and yards records.