1.22 - MIN: Justin Jefferson WR/LSU (Jersey #18)

RpMc

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

There certainly hasn't been any loss from it...and Buffalo got what they wanted and needed.  As others have said, it truly is the rare win-win.

I get it and I agree.  I do think the Vikings miss Diggs' energy.

9 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I get it and I agree.  I do think the Vikings miss Diggs' energy.

What?  I disagree with that completely.  Diggs brings some "swagger" but it was more just cocky bravado that was borderline overconfidence.  It is early in his rookie year but Jefferson does not complain nearly as much as Diggs did, he does not get as annoyed when they are not throwing him the ball yet he is still flamboyant and confident,  just does not get on his teammates or coaching staff as much so far in his career if things are not going well.  Give me the energy and playing style of Justin Jefferson all day over what Diggs was the last two years in Minnesota.  

Some teams can use that type of energy but with this team and this QB and this coaching staff what Diggs brought from a energy standpoint was counterproductive more often than not.  For Buffalo it is different because they have a different coaching staff and more importantly a different QB in need of a big time WR.  Vikings already have one in Adam Thielen and Diggs did not like that one bit and did not like the attention and or targets Thielen got.  So it works out great for both teams really.  

It will change this year but nuts to think Stefon Diggs has yet to even be in a pro bowl, and yeah right that does not crazy piss of Diggs that Thielen has been to two already both when they were teammates.  Odd thing is Jefferson could have an outside chance to make it to the Pro bowl as a rookie, pretty nuts for only his rookie year, Jefferson has over 30 less catches than Diggs but only 27 less yards and more TDs this year.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2

Jefferson’s personality reminds me of Bridgewater’s personality. Happy-go-lucky, loosely-goosey, almost goofballish. Yet still focused.

The kind of personality that is great at keeping the guys in the locker room or on the sideline loose and having fun. 

Diggs is far more intense. And when that intensity was focused, it led to a lot of big, and clutch plays. But a drawback to that level of intensity is that it can create tension. Not quite to the same level, but not unlike Jimmy Butler when he was with the Timberwolves. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 4

There is a lot of love in the Vikings locker room and throughout the state of MN for Teddy Bridgewater. If JJ is anything like that it is a very nice thing.

On the other hand, Diggs' extreme passive aggressiveness made him fit right in with the people of the state too. 

I think today’s performance from Justin Herbert combine with Jefferson’s steady, impactful play on a team fighting for the playoffs put the Offensive Rookie of the Year award firmly in Jefferson’s favor. 

61 receptions, 1,039 yards, and 7 touchdowns for the young man, so far. Outstanding. 

His 5th 100 yard game breaks Moss’s rookie team record. He’s almost certain to break Moss’s rookie reception team record. And I’d say the odds are in his favor to break Moss’s receiving yard rookie team record. 

While he’ll likely never touch Moss’s TD rookie record (I don’t think anyone ever will), it’ll be interesting if he can reach Beckham’s rookie number, 12.

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think today’s performance from Justin Herbert combine with Jefferson’s steady, impactful play on a team fighting for the playoffs put the Offensive Rookie of the Year award firmly in Jefferson’s favor. 

61 receptions, 1,039 yards, and 7 touchdowns for the young man, so far. Outstanding. 

His 5th 100 yard game breaks Moss’s rookie team record. He’s almost certain to break Moss’s rookie reception team record. And I’d say the odds are in his favor to break Moss’s receiving yard rookie team record. 

While he’ll likely never touch Moss’s TD rookie record (I don’t think anyone ever will), it’ll be interesting if he can reach Beckham’s rookie number, 12.

TDs will be tough since Thielen has been such a big presence in the red zone. Hate to take away from Jefferson’s rookie season as a comparison against Moss, what Moss did in that era is very impressive. I’m sure we will see more receiving records like this fall as having a 4,000 yard passer every year is the new norm.

8 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Hmm. Shots fired at a former teammate???

I’m not reading into it that deep. It’s just a nice compliment to the young guy. 

Cousins has just never come across as being petty enough to take an off the cuff shot at Diggs. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1