1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

4 hours ago, R T said:

Where is the 'Rodgers will re-sign a new deal and Love will be traded for anything they can get' crew today?   

I never was on the "Trade love" part, but I felt pretty good 12 would be back. So I'm here with you all still feeling like crap. Disappointed and bummed out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It doesn't really take that long to build a winner in the NFL as a rebuilding team, just get good QB play from your young QB. Look at Cincy, look at how fast KC became a dynasty. If Love is good, we'll be good again in '23, if he's not, we won't be until we find that guy, but it's a rapid growth from there when you do.

I don't disagree with you at all, but Burrow is legit QB1. not sure what Love will be, and I am hopeful.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It doesn't really take that long to build a winner in the NFL as a rebuilding team, just get good QB play from your young QB. Look at Cincy, look at how fast KC became a dynasty. If Love is good, we'll be good again in '23, if he's not, we won't be until we find that guy, but it's a rapid growth from there when you do.

So what QB available at pick 30 is the one?   Love isn't it.

Jordan Love has all the tools needed to succeed in the NFL.  He’s going to need help from his coach (at least initially) to ensure he’s running plays that accentuate his strengths.  Packers will know what they have after 2022, and hopefully will have excess draft capital in 2023 from a trade of Rodgers if they need to find somebody else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Going shopping for a QB in this class is just asking for you to be replaced as a GM.

Okay.   Maybe its emotion, but with the way this GM messed up the QB situation 2 years drafting love coupled with the attention given to ST doesn't speak very well to long term success.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Okay.   Maybe its emotion, but with the way this GM messed up the QB situation 2 years drafting love coupled with the attention given to ST doesn't speak very well to long term success.

We don't even know what we have in Jordan Love, yet you're so convinced we screwed up the QB room.  Let me guess, you were the first one to say that the Packers screwed up the QB room when they drafted Aaron Rodgers, right?

• Like 4

Just now, CWood21 said:

We don't even know what we have in Jordan Love, yet you're so convinced we screwed up the QB room.  Let me guess, you were the first one to say that the Packers screwed up the QB room when they drafted Aaron Rodgers, right?

Nope.   I was ready to move on from Favre because of his annual retirement threats,

AR said he planned to play at least 5 more years.   We drafted the next QB too early.  Beyond that we have seen nothing from Love to make one think he has a big future.

I don't see great arm strength, accuracy, feel for the game, anticipation on his throws.  Right now he is a slow processor, but that certainly could change.  He's far from a done deal, but typically the good ones show flashes.   He hasn't shown them.  That should worry Packer nation.

18 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Nope.   I was ready to move on from Favre because of his annual retirement threats,

AR said he planned to play at least 5 more years.   We drafted the next QB too early.  Beyond that we have seen nothing from Love to make one think he has a big future.

I don't see great arm strength, accuracy, feel for the game, anticipation on his throws.  Right now he is a slow processor, but that certainly could change.  He's far from a done deal, but typically the good ones show flashes.   He hasn't shown them.  That should worry Packer nation.

My point exactly.  And it's exactly where Rodgers was after his second year.  Nobody thought he'd be this good.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

You aren't going to see that until he gets a chance to play week in and week out.  He's played in 2 games in 6 months.  I'm not pro or anti Love.  It's going to take a season of playing to get a good read on this guy.

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

My point exactly.  And it's exactly where Rodgers was after his second year.  Nobody thought he'd be this good.

He showed more in limited play with regard to arm strength, and accuracy.  He had his issues, but showed flashed that let you know what was possible.    Love hasn't shown the flashes.   I'd like to be wrong, but am not real high on him at this point. 

Nowhere near as hopeful as I was with Favre or Rodgers early in their careers.   Both showed real arm talent right away.

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Love didnt even really have a rookie year because of covid. I think it's still too early to try and say if he is or isn't the next QB

The final answer is far from being in.   I'm just waiting for something that looks a little special.   So far, I haven't seen any.   Like I said earlier, it would be great if I were wrong.

At this point if AR leaves, I think we need to try and invest in another who has the chance to be the next QB.    Have to get a backup anyway.