1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Hah... a lot of the people harping on Love were probably the same ones harping on Rodgers when he was drafted, and if old enough harped on Favre when he was traded for. Neither of them looked great at the start, and the "but he showed flashes" argument is revisionist at best.

Give Love a season or two in the driver's seat before putting the stamp on him. Yeesh people.

Love is going to need time and experience before we even begin to start evaluating him.  Doing it now is foolish.  Let it play out.  This is like the draft grades the day after the draft.   You won't know until he gets consistant snaps and playing time.  Not this once every 3 months BS.  

We have no idea how good or bad he will be until he plays REGULARLY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

ppl misremember Rodgers’ first game being vs DAL. Nah… it was this turd of a performance.  Love played better than this! 

You could use this narrative for Blaine Gabbert after 2 years too. Rodgers is an anomaly. Usually, if a guy shows nothing in the first two years, they end up being just that. Love has showed absolutely nothing. Guys here freak out about throws that Love makes that backup quarterbacks routinely make because they desperately want Love to be the guy.

We have a small sample size,  but so far it doesn't look good.

4 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

You could use this narrative for Blaine Gabbert after 2 years too. Rodgers is an anomaly. Usually, if a guy shows nothing in the first two years, they end up being just that. Love has showed absolutely nothing. Guys here freak out about throws that Love makes that backup quarterbacks routinely make because they desperately want Love to be the guy.

False. They don't want Love to "desperately be the guy" they are just tired of every Rodgers fan acting like they already know he will bust and he's already toast. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

6 qtrs is hardly a sample size. And yet you’re framing it as his 2 years.  Just stop fronting like you’re even giving him a chance. Esp after the video of Rodgers.  Love’s play was a zillion times better than Rodgers’ debut. Anomaly or not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

6 qtrs is hardly a sample size. And yet you’re framing it as his 2 years.  Just stop fronting like you’re even giving him a chance. Esp after the video of Rodgers.  Love’s play was a zillion times better than Rodgers’ debut. Anomaly or not. 

He's been in the system for 2 years and looks like trash. I'm not saying he can't get better but so far he can't get worse. I say this objectively. I'm so tired of Rodgers the diva. I want Love to be the guy, but he looks bad with the little time he's had.

2 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

He's been in the system for 2 years and looks like trash. I'm not saying he can't get better but so far he can't get worse. I say this objectively. I'm so tired of Rodgers the diva. I want Love to be the guy, but he looks bad with the little time he's had.

It’s not objective calling him trash. You’re reframing it bcuz you wrote him off before he even got his 2nd start.  And continuing to ignore that he has looked BETTER than Rodgers did in the same span of time. Hell…Love looked better in his last 4 quarters (in his career total of 6!) than Rodgers did yesterday lol.  

8 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I fully expect the Packers to win more games this year with Love plus the bounty of picks you get for Trading Rodgers than they would with Rodgers minus all the guys they have to lose to get under the salary cap for next year.

Well that's the real question isn't it?  Thinking with Rodgers and a gutted team 10-7.  Love and picks 6-11.  Be my guess.  That of course is year one.  Pay off will come a few years down the line.  Their will be regression as Love learns to play the game.  As for others no one has come out and said Love will bust.  Just that he hasn't flashed yet.  He hasn't looked good at all but again limited sample size.  Think we'll find out next year.  

Guys that are all pro Love now will be the ones bitching about how bad he sucks.  He probably will next year.  All we can hope for is he improves and grows the more he plays.  Rodgers said the game slowed down for him in year 3.  Just never know with these guys.  Some really come on and others don't.  Mental make up has a lot to do with it.  Got to be dedicated and smart.  Love has all the physical tools why he was drafted.  Is he going to dedicate himself to be the best?  

We really should bring in another QB to develop beside him.  CYA.  Gotta do it QB is too important.  QB bust rate is high that's just reality.  Not like these guys grow on trees.  It isn't easy finding a stud.  We might go through a few guys before we find the right one.  I do hope Love lights it up that would be tremendous.  Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well that's the real question isn't it?  Thinking with Rodgers and a gutted team 10-7.  Love and picks 6-11.  Be my guess.  That of course is year one.  Pay off will come a few years down the line.  Their will be regression as Love learns to play the game.  As for others no one has come out and said Love will bust.  Just that he hasn't flashed yet.  He hasn't looked good at all but again limited sample size.  Think we'll find out next year.  

Guys that are all pro Love now will be the ones bitching about how bad he sucks.  He probably will next year.  All we can hope for is he improves and grows the more he plays.  Rodgers said the game slowed down for him in year 3.  Just never know with these guys.  Some really come on and others don't.  Mental make up has a lot to do with it.  Got to be dedicated and smart.  Love has all the physical tools why he was drafted.  Is he going to dedicate himself to be the best?  

We really should bring in another QB to develop beside him.  CYA.  Gotta do it QB is too important.  QB bust rate is high that's just reality.  Not like these guys grow on trees.  It isn't easy finding a stud.  We might go through a few guys before we find the right one.  I do hope Love lights it up that would be tremendous.  Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  

I can't wait to see him play a few games.  I think it's definitely possible he shows rapid improvement once he's the man and things are geared to his strengths.  I'm sure there will be some ugly moments, but I'm ready to see it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You're definitely going to win more games over like a 3 year period trading Rodgers this offseason, playing Love, and using those additional draft assets than you're going to cutting a million guys to keep Rodgers, then having him walk with minimal compensation after next year.

Keeping Rodgers and cutting a million guys isn't one of the options in Rodgers or Gutes eyes I would imagine. It's either manipulate enough to be competitive or rip the band aid off and re-build. I don't know the right or wrong answer, but as someone who lived thru the dark ages, be careful what you wish for

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Love is going to need time and experience before we even begin to start evaluating him.  Doing it now is foolish.  Let it play out.  This is like the draft grades the day after the draft.   You won't know until he gets consistant snaps and playing time.  Not this once every 3 months BS.  

We have no idea how good or bad he will be until he plays REGULARLY.

He's been evaluated non-stop for the last 6 years. Not sure why its taboo to keep evaluating. His decision making, release, arm strength, throwing motion, are all up for grabs. He's graded by coaches every day in practice and any game time. Why are fans so afraid of evaluating Love ?? Should we not evaluate Stokes or Myers too ??

Edited by cannondale