1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

He's been evaluated non-stop for the last 6 years. Not sure why its taboo to keep evaluating. His decision making, release, arm strength, throwing motion, are all up for grabs. He's graded by coaches every day in practice and any game time. Why are fans so afraid of evaluating Love ?? Should we not evaluate Stokes or Myers too ??

Oh my, speaking of conversations that people can't mentally handle...

• Like 1

If the Packers think Love's not ready, they will get a veteran QB thrown in to the package they get for Rodgers.  There are people who are qualified to evaluate Rodgers at this point, among them are not "people who watched the KC game, which he found out he was starting in on Wednesday, after the gameplan had already been finalized."

13 minutes ago, Striker said:

I wonder what folks were saying about Josh Allen after his first two seasons in the league and a sub 60 percent completion percentage.

Or what folks were saying after he went 16/33 for 151 yards and 2 INTs vs the Packers.

Probably bad things. Jaire Alexander had some rough patches early on too. He was evaluated and criticized by fans. But for some reason evaluating Love is off limits ??

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Striker said:

I wonder what folks were saying about Josh Allen after his first two seasons in the league and a sub 60 percent completion percentage.

Or what folks were saying after he went 16/33 for 151 yards and 2 INTs vs the Packers.

Well I know what they say now

"He had shown flashes"

"That doesn't count it's an outlier"

"Blaine Gabbert sucked and still sucks"

"Love is trash because my panties are perpetually wet for AR"

Etc

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Probably bad things. Jaire Alexander had some rough patches early on too. He was evaluated and criticized by fans. But for some reason evaluating Love is off limits ??

I just think it's good to remind ourselves that our initial evals of players should be tempered. Allen is a good example. Rashan Gary is another. Early Rodgers who only beat out Nall because of draft status.

There are folks who are saying "I don't like what I see so far" but there are plenty of voices ready to call him a bust right now when all we have is incomplete information. It's the rush to be right, especially when it comes to writing off a player.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jordan Love is going to have a solid 31 TD, 17 interceptions first year starting next year.

We’re all going to flip out because 17 interceptions?!?!

But it’s going to be fun to watch. 

Especially when he's spreading the ball around to all of his receivers, tight ends and backs. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jordan Love is going to have a solid 31 TD, 17 interceptions first year starting next year.

We’re all going to flip out because 17 interceptions?!?!

But it’s going to be fun to watch. 

I fully admit that for all the frustrations that I've sometimes had with Rodgers (which are few, he along with Steve Young and Mahomes are the best talent/football intelligence combos I've ever seen play) GB getting a QB that throws ints at even a league average rate (to say nothing of Love probably having his share of "young QB" bad decisions)  is going to have people running around like their hair is on fire. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I fully admit that for all the frustrations that I've sometimes had with Rodgers (which are few, he along with Steve Young and Mahomes are the best talent/football intelligence combos I've ever seen play) GB getting a QB that throws ints at even a league average rate (to say nothing of Love probably having his share of "young QB" bad decisions)  is going to have people running around like their hair is on fire. 

Aaron’s was the biggest wasted talent career of all time.

If Aaron had played in such a way as to have thrown 2 interceptions in that Niners game, there’s not a team left we couldn’t beat this year.

Love will lose more games he should win, but win more games he should lose if he’s willing to take the right amount of risks.

50 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Especially when he's spreading the ball around to all of his receivers, tight ends and backs. 

Agree .. however, going to need better talent at TE and probably wr for Love to succeed.  See KC/Buff game for game scheming and wr making plays/getting open.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Agree .. however, going to need better talent at TE and probably wr for Love to succeed.  See KC/Buff game for game scheming and wr making plays/getting open.  

Absolutely agree with this regarding WR since: Adams, MVS, and Cobb are likely gone. Hopefully we can sign Lazard back. TE if we bring back Tonyan we're fine. I think Deguara and Davis are better than we think. The problem is Rodgers didn't, 'trust' them. 

57 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Yes, Love will need more at TE (is Tonyan back?) and WR even if Adams stays.