1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

And that was probably unrealistic.  But figure another year earlier of Aaron Rodgers PLUS 2 less years of team control, Rodgers' value isn't anywhere near that.

I'm guessing we could get a 1st and maybe a conditional 1st for next year.  If we get multiple bidders it then of course gets more interesting.

26 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'm guessing we could get a 1st and maybe a conditional 1st for next year.  If we get multiple bidders it then of course gets more interesting.

The contract isn’t an issue, as presumably he will sign a new deal wherever he goes (any team trading for Rodgers would be “all in” and would need to make up for lack of draft capital with free cap space via an extension).

2 first round picks is the MINIMUM IMO.

Edited by Cpdaly23

Regardless of what happens the Packers should look at WRs and TEs heavily in this draft.  Pretty important to set the table for Jordan Love even if Rodgers stays.  Surround him with a good WR corps for when he takes over.  You can say it's for Rodgers, but Gute knows the deal.  I'm sure he'll take good players regardless of position.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Exactly.  The contract isn’t an issue, as presumably he will sign a new deal wherever he goes (any team trading for Rodgers would be “all in” and would need to make up for lack of draft capital with free cap space via an extension).

And this is another reason why a trade to Denver could work.  They have the ninth pick in the first round.  I believe they also have two, second round picks.  That's a pretty high first round pick.  I doubt he wants to go to the Giants or Redskins.  Maybe Pittsburgh makes a run at him and maybe Tennessee makes a run at him...but their first round picks are lower.  The conditional first next year would be "performance based and/or number of snaps".  If we're lucky and multiple teams get involved, the conditional first might become a first...but I doubt it.

7 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

The MVP Rodgers was 20-29, no picks in zero degree weather.  Special Teams completely sucked, blocked punt, blocked field goal, piss poor kick coverage,  Aaron Jones got caught from behind after his catch before the half, Mercedes Lewis fumbled.  

Plenty of blame to go around.  

And Rodgers missed some wide open guys in critical times the led to the end of a drive. 

8 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

The MVP Rodgers was 20-29, no picks in zero degree weather.  Special Teams completely sucked, blocked punt, blocked field goal, piss poor kick coverage,  Aaron Jones got caught from behind after his catch before the half, Mercedes Lewis fumbled.  

Plenty of blame to go around.  

Wonderful apologist post.

Your Rodgers tattoo is skewing your perspective. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Wonderful apologist post.

Your Rodgers tattoo is skewing your perspective. 

Delusional nonsense.  I'd trade Rodgers. He's been here 16 years, hasn't won a SB in 10 years.  Has won as many NFCCGs as Rex Grossman.  Why expect things will change with all the cap issues??

• Like 1

Will Rodgers still want to play for the Packers when he see the departure of D.Adams especially, but also Campbell, Z.Smith, P.Smith, very possibly Lewis, Cobb and MVS, Turner, King, Crosby. There will be more losses after 2022 as well imo, like Jones.

He (Rodgers) has said he isn't interested in being part of a rebuild, but that is what will be happening anyway in the next two years. It would happen almost as much if Rodgers was traded.

La Fleur has said on behalf of Packers management they all want him to stay, but as the good players start to leave, especially old friends like Lewis, Crosby and Cobb, he may change his mind about staying.

The key date is March 16, the beginning of the NFL year, because if there is a trade it will happen shortly after that.