1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

I need a year of seeing Love getting first team reps and playing in games EVERY week.  Give him an opportunity to settle in as the main guy, get comfortable with team dynamics.   Until that time, it's pointless to predict.  

He may not even get that opportunity in Green Bay.  

16 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I need a year of seeing Love getting first team reps and playing in games EVERY week.  Give him an opportunity to settle in as the main guy, get comfortable with team dynamics.   Until that time, it's pointless to predict.  

Kizer played a whole year and he still sucked!!!! @packfanfb

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Unless 12 wants to leave, he's not getting that here. Unless he plans to sit for 5 years.

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree.  Rodgers should take priority, but if he leaves, Love deserves some time to develop as a starter.

I don't think that'll be an issue. If anything the Packers will bend over backwards to give Love as much time as possible to succeed. Gute's legacy may depend on it. 

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think that'll be an issue. If anything the Packers will bend over backwards to give Love as much time as possible to succeed. Gute's legacy may depend on it. 

If the kid is so bad that hes borderline unplayable theyll let him pick another QB. The last 3 years have given him enough leeway in that regard.

Since Gute has knocked it out of the park from 2019 to now, he'll get some leeway. If Love fails, as StatKing says, he'll get to have a second chance. However, given the absurd run the Packers had with Favre/Rodgers the bar is automatically set high. 

On recent form I wouldn't like to lose him (and since he is the GM, I'm assuming he is the wellspring). The Packers have by-and-large not had a very quick-hook mentality. TWO failures at QB though, might be awkward.

PS Just noticed I used the terms 'leeway' and 'by-and-large*'  -  is there a sailing background in my ancestors ?

*sailing as near into the wind as you can.........and large is less into the wind.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Since Gute has knocked it out of the park from 2019 to now, he'll get some leeway. If Love fails, as StatKing says, he'll get to have a second chance. However, given the absurd run the Packers had with Favre/Rodgers the bar is automatically set high. 

On recent form I wouldn't like to lose him (and since he is the GM, I'm assuming he is the wellspring). The Packers have by-and-large not had a very quick-hook mentality. TWO failures at QB though, might be awkward.

PS Just noticed I used the terms 'leeway' and 'by-and-large*'  -  is there a sailing background in my ancestors ?

*sailing as near into the wind as you can.........and large is less into the wind.

I like the introspection. Let us know when you make contact with your ancient ancestors. Vikings perhaps?   :)

36 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I always wondered if this completely ruined him, or he was never going to amount to anything to begin with.  Guessing it's the latter.

I'm sure it didn't help. But yeah he was probably going to be nothing anyways

46 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

They have similarities if you look for them, they also have differences, if you look for that.

Gute is a great GM. As much as I disliked the Love pick, its hard to deny his track record outside of that. He's a Jedi Master in free agency compared to TT. Ron Wolf was more than a great GM, he was a legendary GM. One of the greatest of all time, and his legacy still can be felt to this day.