1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting. I just went thru the ESPN Play by Play and cant find where Love ran the ball anytime other than the 2pt conversion.

Regardless, I think (much like AR) he'll be one of those QB's that picks his spots and runs to avoid the rush - as opposed to a true running QB for whom running plays (or options) can be built into a play's design.

I remember the 10 yard run, but I think it may have got nullified by penalty.

Then again I could be confusing it with the Viking game.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I remember the 10 yard run, but I think it may have got nullified by penalty.

Then again I could be confusing it with the Viking game.

Yeah....dont know. Following Mikes comment about the 10yd run, I went thru all our possessions in the second half a few times and couldnt find it. Normally - if a play is nullified by a penalty - ESPN will show the play, penalty involved and simply register the new down and distance on the next play. I simply couldnt find that 10yd run.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Interesting. I just went thru the ESPN Play by Play and cant find where Love ran the ball anytime other than the 2pt conversion.

Regardless, I think (much like AR) he'll be one of those QB's that picks his spots and runs to avoid the rush - as opposed to a true running QB for whom running plays (or options) can be built into a play's design.

Hmmm, it’s not in his stats either. Did I imagine it?  Was it called back for some reason?  We may never know. 

17 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Hmmm, it’s not in his stats either. Did I imagine it?  Was it called back for some reason?  We may never know. 

I figured it out. I was actually thinking about a run from his mop-up duties in the MN game.  So, I’m still probably just at the early stages of senility. 

Jordan Love’s game has never been about running.  It’s primarily his arm strength and ability to make plays from non-traditional platforms.  

He hasn’t shown this ability much yet in the NFL (though the dropped TD by Davis last week was an example), but the hope is as he gets more comfortable we will see more of that.

14 hours ago, cannondale said:

After being drafted I looked at a bunch of Love hype videos. The one thing that stood out is the lack of scramble plays and noticed he got caught from behind a ton while trying to exit the pocket. But don't believe me, go watch for yourself. 

So. They didn't draft him to run the ball. 

15 hours ago, Green19 said:

Anyone else think that if GB does reups with Rodgers that there will be a good market for Love?

Like the things going on with Indy and Pitt makes me think some team would be willing to take a shot, if GB is willing to trade.

Meh, Idk, depends on what you mean by "market." Do I think a team would take a shot on Love? Yea, sure, but they're not going to give up much draft capital to take that shot. We still don't know whether Love is even going to be any good or not, he simply hasn't played enough. Any team trading for him at this point would basically be taking a flyer on him. If the Packers even got a high Day 3 (round 4-5) pick for Love right now, that's a fleece job IMO. No way are you sniffing a top 75 pick. 

Edited by packfanfb

2 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I'm not trading anything more than a 5th for Love based on what I've seen. 

I dont believe the Packers have any incentive to trade Love at this juncture. He's not expensive and his on the field value cant be determined minus some actual / concerted on the field time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont believe the Packers have any incentive to trade Love at this juncture. He's not expensive and his on the field value cant be determined minus some actual / concerted on the field time.

Agreed on this, I  should have just quoted the guy who said there is  good market for Love.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not sure how that "good market" can be determined at this point....but no matter.

Easy… supply and demand. There are going to be a ton of teams needing QBs. With how Indy is talking about Carson now… no Big Ben, Cleveland is likely keeping Baker, Rodgers is more and more being discussed staying.

Really only Watson and Russell seem like the ones moving and Watson still has legal issues… and the draft is poor in talent.

My point is depending on evaluations teams might have higher grades on Love than this class. Remember Colts were rumor to really like Love. Like everyone has said, Love really hasn’t done anything (good or bad) to affect overall opinion greatly.

Not suggesting he is going to get a first… but I could see a 2nd. This talk of a 4th or 5th is funny. He is a young QB… that QB position pushes his value up to day 2 pick alone.

• Like 1