1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

14 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Also go back and watch the ravens game that Rodgers came into in his rookie or second year for Favre. He is a completely different QB. He had a terrible end zone INT. It’s like night and day difference.

Love just needs time and reps

That's the thing though - Rodgers became a completely different QB.  The reality is that to succeed as a legitimate starting QB, Love is going to have to do the same - transform into a completely different QB. 

There's absolutely no reason to say that he wont transform into a NFL QB from what we have seen so far. I wouldn't be giving up on him or writing him off or anything like that.  

For all the people saying Love looks similar to Rodgers did after 2 years though, need to remember that most QBs don't make that transformation. At this point I'd probably say there is a 1% chance Love becomes a HOF QB, maybe a 10% chance he becomes a high level starting QB,  50% chance he becomes a borderline passable starting QB you are looking to upgrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemike778 said:

That's the thing though - Rodgers became a completely different QB.  The reality is that to succeed as a legitimate starting QB, Love is going to have to do the same - transform into a completely different QB. 

There's absolutely no reason to say that he wont transform into a NFL QB from what we have seen so far. I wouldn't be giving up on him or writing him off or anything like that.  

For all the people saying Love looks similar to Rodgers did after 2 years though, need to remember that most QBs don't make that transformation. At this point I'd probably say there is a 1% chance Love becomes a HOF QB, maybe a 10% chance he becomes a high level starting QB,  50% chance he becomes a borderline passable starting QB you are looking to upgrade.

I would also say Love will have an easier time given how the game has changed. The college game is more and more influencing the pro game. So I agree, Love needs to develop… but it’s not the same curve as Rodgers.

16 hours ago, Norm said:

Same guy's were saying how Rodgers can never be good at this same point. I doubt Love ends up being special but they just WANT to convince themselves he can't be. 

But this is precisely why it's a dumb comparison. People saying Love sucks and can never be good are dumb. People saying Love is going to be good because "hey look he's starting out just like Rodgers, look at their stats" are equally as dumb. 

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

But this is precisely why it's a dumb comparison. People saying Love sucks and can never be good are dumb. People saying Love is going to be good because "hey look he's starting out just like Rodgers, look at their stats" are equally as dumb. 

In truth, I dont believe anybody's actually saying the latter. I believe the comparative looks at early performances have been mentioned primarily as a hedge against the first argument - that he sucks.

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's not saying he will be good over it you damn clown lol. It's saying you can't tell from what he's done so far. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

In truth, I dont believe anybody's actually saying the latter. I believe the comparative looks at early performances have been mentioned primarily as a hedge against the first argument - that he sucks.

It's the clear inference Butkowski is trying to draw though -- that better days are ahead for Love. We don't know that or at least "how much better" those days will be in comparison to 12.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

It's the clear inference Butkowski is trying to draw though -- that better days are ahead for Love. We don't know that or at least "how much better" those days will be in comparison to 12.

It's clear? From him posting hey a listener gave us these stats. 

He added nothing else.

You're hearing voices dude. 

It's actually clear that the point is, there's no reason to be excited, but his stats so far don't mean he's going to bust either. Nobody should have a big lean on this yet. That was common sense anyways, but sometimes things like this help, when looked at without insane bias. 

• Like 3