1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Meh, Idk, depends on what you mean by "market." Do I think a team would take a shot on Love? Yea, sure, but they're not going to give up much draft capital to take that shot. We still don't know whether Love is even going to be any good or not, he simply hasn't played enough. Any team trading for him at this point would basically be taking a flyer on him. If the Packers even got a high Day 3 (round 4-5) pick for Love right now, that's a fleece job IMO. No way are you sniffing a top 75 pick. 

The only thing that is hurting Loves value is his contract standing. Teams don’t have enough time with him at a controlled rate.

But I don’t know how anyone can say based on the limited reps that Love is this or that. He is still a great unknown to this point.

So if you had a high grade on him in the draft you likely would still value him in that manner.

This isn’t Kiser after going like what 0-16 with Cleveland.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Green19 said:

The only thing that is hurting Loves value is his contract standing. Teams don’t have enough time with him at a controlled rate.

But I don’t know how anyone can say based on the limited reps that Love is this or that. He is still a great unknown to this point.

So if you had a high grade on him in the draft you likely would still value him in that manner.

This isn’t Kiser after going like what 0-16 with Cleveland.

Somewhere between late 2nd and late 3rd is what we would be looking at I think providing a team that had a first round grade on him, hasn't been massively discouraged by what they have seen.

Losing the 2 years of cheap QB rate is big and would drop his value down at least a round. Anyone who gets him would be looking at having a raw QB with growing pains incoming who has already used up half of his cheap contract. 

19 hours ago, Green19 said:

Easy… supply and demand. There are going to be a ton of teams needing QBs. With how Indy is talking about Carson now… no Big Ben, Cleveland is likely keeping Baker, Rodgers is more and more being discussed staying.

Really only Watson and Russell seem like the ones moving and Watson still has legal issues… and the draft is poor in talent.

My point is depending on evaluations teams might have higher grades on Love than this class. Remember Colts were rumor to really like Love. Like everyone has said, Love really hasn’t done anything (good or bad) to affect overall opinion greatly.

Not suggesting he is going to get a first… but I could see a 2nd. This talk of a 4th or 5th is funny. He is a young QB… that QB position pushes his value up to day 2 pick alone.

Why would a team give up a 2nd when they know we want to get rid of him?  We would essentially be giving up on him, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a team looking to trade for him.

4 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Somewhere between late 2nd and late 3rd is what we would be looking at I think providing a team that had a first round grade on him, hasn't been massively discouraged by what they have seen.

Losing the 2 years of cheap QB rate is big and would drop his value down at least a round. Anyone who gets him would be looking at having a raw QB with growing pains incoming who has already used up half of his cheap contract. 

I don't think many teams had a first round grade on him. If they did he would have been gone long before we took him.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Why would a team give up a 2nd when they know we want to get rid of him?  We would essentially be giving up on him, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a team looking to trade for him.

Because that’s not the situation… they aren’t giving up on him. They have Aaron Rodgers… if Rodgers wasn’t here Love would be a starter on this team. Plus if other teams are interested that drives up the price because they are bidding for him (which would be the case with any player, demand dictates price).

By the logic above why would Wolf ever give up what he did for Favre? I mean if Atl was willing to trade they clearly were giving up on him, in fact why not just out right release him? Because if Atl knew what they had… they would of never traded, and if they still wanted to trade regardless the price would of been more.

Its because value is all based on each teams individual situation and who controls the asset. Atl had an asset… they weren’t going to just let it go for nothing or pennies on the dollar. Favre was maybe never going to play a down for Atl given their coach at the time etc… but he was a recently drafted young prospect with value around the league (Ala Love).

I understand why everyone is down or dislikes Love but in NFL terms he is a valuable assets. He is a young, talented, all be it unproven player… at the most valuable position in the sport. He isnt going to return just like a 4th or a 5th.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:50 PM, Leader said:

I don't believe the Packers have any incentive to trade Love at this juncture. He's not expensive and his on the field value cant be determined minus some actual / concerted on the field time.

Given how difficult it is to find a good QB, I see no incentive to trade Love, who at least has the potential to become one. He is not that expensive and because of the 'lost' covid year it is still very difficult to determine what he is. I don't really care about comments that "Not many had a first round grade on him", because no-one knows what all the other teams are thinking.

Also, it is something in the Packers back pocket in case Rodgers retires this offseason or next (obviously they would keep him if Rodgers was traded).

If they liked Love enough to spend a first on him, why would they give up on him for a modest reward and leave his development to another team. He is still a cheap option (for a QB) for 2022 and 2023, by which time the Packers should be pretty sure of what they have.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We all know this factual illustration means nothing, but it does put things in perspective at the same time.

That what we know of Love at this point, means nothing.  As it was with Rodg at that time.

Love's fine. You could see the nerves and rust coming off as he progressed throughout the games. You don't just come in cold, from not playing for nearly 2 years, and run an NFL offense flawlessly, no matter who the **** you are. 

Let the kid breath, man. He's gonna be fine.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I post this with absolutely no context or agenda.

The comparisons between Rodgers and Love end at they were both drafted in the first round with an aging diva QB already on the roster. Comparing him to Favre or Rodgers is just unfair to the kid.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I post this with absolutely no context or agenda.

Also go back and watch the ravens game that Rodgers came into in his rookie or second year for Favre. He is a completely different QB. He had a terrible end zone INT. It’s like night and day difference.

Love just needs time and reps

36 minutes ago, 15412 said:

We all know this factual illustration means nothing, but it does put things in perspective at the same time.

That what we know of Love at this point, means nothing.  As it was with Rodg at that time.

Sure… but can we still trade Love for Randy Moss though?

• Like 1