2020 Draft Round One Recap - Winners and losers

RaidersAreOne

I do not like the Chargers draft. Herbert is obvious but I am low on Murray (lack instincts to me) so to trade up in the first to get him makes no sense to me.  I like the Vikings draft a lot, getting two great values and gaining extra draft capital. The Ravens getting Queen was good luck for them and Arizona not outthinking the room and getting Simmons when WR/OT was the focus all along were good picks as well.

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Every team would be full of studs if everyone had a crystal ball.

No ****, Sherlock. Maybe you can replace Booger as ESPN's Captain Obvious.

What I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to post a thread like this when these kids haven't played. Remember when everyone trashed Seattle for "reaching" on Bruce Irvin? Ended up being a productive player for Seattle.

Loser- Trent Williams.  Every team except for the Vikings that were tied to him over the past couple months went with an OT in the first round.  Now it's down to the Vikings to draft an OT, or make the trade for the Redskins, which has to involve Riley Reiff for salary cap implications.  Also the Jordan Love pick is really puzzling.  

Winner- Minnesota absolutely maneuvered the draft well.  The 49ers continue to build in the trenches where you win, and drafted a WR who fits what Kyle Shanahan wants to do on offense.  Dallas getting Lamb to fall into their lap, as well as Baltimore getting Queen.  Belichick also has the Patriots set up to make a lot of noise on Day 2 with the number of picks he has. 

• Like 4

Winners:

Vikings- the landed the dream scenario for themselves with a trade back and the exact two guys they wanted/needed

Jets/Bucs- both needed tackles, and the last 2 of the big 4 fell into their laps

Dave Gettleman- only got made fun of for wearing a mask instead of making an off the wall pick

Jerry Jeudy- got drafted into a pretty favorable situation and the world also discovered his incredible big bird tweets. Hes got a career as a comedy writer if football doesn't pan out

CeeDee Lamb- did you see his girlfriend?

Losers:

Eagles- CeeDee Lamb drops and you dont make a move? Eesh

Falcons- reached on a corner big time

Lions IT guy- he was stuck in an RV for 4 hours. He was probably ready to cut the power to the house himself so he had a reason to leave it

Wingo- what a morbid lunatic. Was more obsessed with telling us about dead parents than college stats

Aaron Rodgers- didnt love it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Elky said:

No ****, Sherlock. Maybe you can replace Booger as ESPN's Captain Obvious.

What I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to post a thread like this when these kids haven't played. Remember when everyone trashed Seattle for "reaching" on Bruce Irvin? Ended up being a productive player for Seattle.

You're missing the point of this thread. 

• Like 4

Winners:

Buccaneers and Brady - Wirfs making it to 13 is going to make this team that much better. I can't imagine any player having a better first year impact for them in year one than Wirfs at G.

Bengals and Redskins - made the obvious choices.

Losers:

Packers

4 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Winners:

Buccaneers and Brady - Wirfs making it to 13 is going to make this team that much better. I can't imagine any player having a better first year impact for them in year one than Wirfs at G.

Bengals and Redskins - made the obvious choices.

Losers:

Packers

They're playing Wirfs at G? They already have Marpet and Cappa. They have no RT though. 

The Browns and Jets are huge winners. Not often you get OTs that good outside of the top 9 picks. I'm convinced Becton would've been a top 8 pick and potentially the #4 overall without the failed drug tests. 

The Broncos are big winners, not because they added the best WR in the draft (that goes to the Cowboys), but because they got a guy who gets easy separation and is going to be a very friendly target for their young QB. That's a developmental dream. 

The Vikings did a marvelous job replacing Diggs with what is essentially a faster Adam Thielen. 

It may not be exceptional value by any means, but the Chiefs drafted a kid in CEH who is going to be a headache for opposing defenses. What a scheme fit.