2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

21 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

The point is that picking a QB this year was a loser move.  As you put it- "In no way does it make sense".     Picking a ST player is exactly what you said.

The last time the Packers picked a ST high they changed management over the stupidity.  It led to good years and a SB win.

I'd like us to do it again.  This group is more like Mike Sherman than it is Ron Wolf or TT.

Sorry-  I said I would be done.  I will be now.  

Good because you clearly don't understand what a good FO looks like.

Valuing the most important position in any sport, comparable to taking a punter early. One of the most laughably bad takes I've ever seen made.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Leader said:

?

Be it injury, player talent, contract departure....or whatever...most offensive/defensive units have some holes somewhere. It's just a constant task to fill them as best possible.

Is Ty Summers the answer to our ILB concerns? Hardly...or cant be counted on....but it would be nice for him to contribute more than just special teams.

You do remember we actually signed an ILB, right?

Just now, Outpost31 said:

LOL People need to turn down their hypersensitivity analysis.

We'll need a second ILB no?  If I remember correctly....last night you were reconciling yourself to resigning CM. Maybe that will happen. Nobody knows. Nobody can say - but we're gonna need a second LB to come from somewhere.

A guy on the roster currently is Ty Summers. Maybe he can step up. Doesnt sound like an overly aggressive or ambitious take to me.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not to menion 3rd and 4th round rookies routinely get on the field at ILB. Kirksey, Burks (healthy), Summers, Bolton are at least as good as what we had last year. Still six rounds to go in the draft process as well. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Not to menion 3rd and 4th round rookies routinely get on the field at ILB. Kirksey, Burks (healthy), Summers, Bolton are at least as good as what we had last year. Still six rounds to go in the draft process as well. 

What's Bolton's status?

I'm not counting on Burks at this point till he proves himself.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

What's Bolton's status?

I'm not counting on Burks at this point till he proves himself.

He got injured in the last preseason game and was on IR all year. Burks wouldn't be the first rookie to bust out in a healthy 3rd year after two where he was constantly dinged up. 

Just now, Golfman said:

He got injured in the last preseason game and was on IR all year. Burks wouldn't be the first rookie to bust out in a healthy 3rd year after two where he was constantly dinged up. 

Good to hear about Bolton. I'd forgotten about him.
I'm not counting Burks out - just not counting on him.

34 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

The point is that picking a QB this year was a loser move.  As you put it- "In no way does it make sense".     Picking a ST player is exactly what you said.

The last time the Packers picked a ST high they changed management over the stupidity.  It led to good years and a SB win.

I'd like us to do it again.  This group is more like Mike Sherman than it is Ron Wolf or TT.

Sorry-  I said I would be done.  I will be now.  

Except a punter/kicker doesn't change the outcome of the Packers for the next decade.  A potential franchise QB does.  You were probably one of the ones who was adamantly against the Aaron Rodgers selection.  If you're looking at this as a one year investment, there's clearly a difference in opinions here.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

?

Be it injury, player talent, contract departure....or whatever...most offensive/defensive units have some holes somewhere. It's just a constant task to fill them as best possible.

Is Ty Summers the answer to our ILB concerns? Hardly...or cant be counted on....but it would be nice for him to contribute more than just special teams.

There are a ton of good ILBs that are supposed to go in the 3rd.

• Like 1