Draft Day Thread: Day 2

MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

It’s like madden lmao.. draft the fastest guys, guys from big name schools, get guys that are fast at a position with a low rating and convert them to another position! Lmfao 

I use to use Travian Smith back madden, like 98-01

i moved him to DE and rushed not from a 9 wide but like 19 wide lol, just I could barely see him in the screen.:.. like ) sacks a game

6’4 240 4.44

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Travian&l=Smith&i=22779

Tanner Muse has nothing on Travian Smith, couldn’t hold his jock strap even in madden!

can I get a knock on wood if your with me and remember Travian Smith from the 2nd to last good draft we’ve dad (1998...2014... maybe 2019... absolutely not 2020)

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m just hoping he converts to RB/Gadget player... occasion QB look...good receiver so could also serve as 3rd down back if Richard starts fumbling again.

There’s a fine line of using his “other” skills correctly and mismanaging him and trying to get him to do everything.  I think he can Be a slot WR, occasional RB to bring some extra speed but I don’t wanna see him running stupid junk trick plays at QB.... he can be a very nice WR plus but i think you gotta concentrate on that first given he’s only spend 1.5yrs (or so) at WR in college.  

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

Curious about whether or not Bowden can return kicks

as I finish typing this, I realize I could have just googled it 🍺 

Mayock said they want to use Bowden as a punt returner and Ruggs as a kick returner just now in his presser. Also said that Bowden will be considered a running back. 

• Like 1

Gone for a few hours......and 50 pages. Honest opinion? At the time we took Bowden, I wanted edwards( big guy with potential, simple for me.lol) Bowden there surprised me, figured we were done at wr.lol so at the next pick I was hollering for Moss cuz I didn’t think he’d be there at 91(got that right unfortunately) we take Edwards and that was decent value . Lol  thought Bowden was a reach obviously ( prolly Gruden) and last I like muse ok (as a wlb potential prospect or hybrid) but if I went back and looked at my mocks I had him in the last 3,....but in rnd 5. But it wouldn’t have surprised me for him to be gone before our 5th (everybody is looking for speed and versatility/“Swiss army knife” lol).    Overall Bowden - reach but maybe a playmaker.

edwards- ok value good potential big receiver

muse- might be ok, but too early easily

all I can do is get behind the players and hope. I’m a fan not a player or owner. 

Grade this round ? C at best just going by value/projection, only the future will tell. Lol

if I was picking? Edwards, Moss, or Moss Edwards, lol. Then ADG at 100. Wilson got snatched before we could even sniff him dammit. Lol 

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Why is it only me you and a few other guys that realize this draft sucks and will say it.

Here is why I won't say it sucks...YET...

Last year I felt Allen was the BPA and even fit as an Anthony Barr LB type if he couldn't play DE. Ferrell I felt would slip to our other 1sts because of no combine testing and I liked Sweat above him. So Allen/Sweat would have been my play. Had that happened I never would have wanted Crosby...Hummm

Jacobs I felt would fall to our 2nd rounder. So felt we had two reaches. I'm glad we didn't wait to see if he would have fallen. 

Abram was not a pick I liked. I was a bigger fan of Metcalf at WR or Greedy who I was wanting over Mullen for sure. I wanted the S that went to KC. 

So trading down allowed us to get our later picks who contributed except for CB Johnson who was injured early.

I thought last years draft SUCKED so I'm hesitant to say this one sucks. Yes I wanted Jeudy over Ruggs but I also was posting to trade up when Alanta was on the clock with our 91. Once it was Dallas it was 4th&5th but we wanted the same player in Lamb. If no trade up and no trade down I would not have taken Arnette til 3rd and not over Dantzer. Arnette has some skills and was probably picked on more with the other DB studs on the field with him. He's got the tools and bloodline so as long as his heart is in it, he might play to his draft position.

Edwards I expected before Bowden but getting both might seem like overkill, but it's really about playing chess and moving the pieces on the board.

Muse is a poor mans Simmons on the same team. Has the stats but as someone said straight line player. If he can line straight up with a TE and cover him then I'm good. Would rather have Dye do that at 100 but meh...

3 picks tomorrow so far and maybe we can make a trade for a vet. CB is still a need IMO Maybe we trade up as I see depth with Biadasz but a G will probably be at 121 to replace Gabe or Ritchie next year.