Draft Day Thread: Day 2

MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

I get what you are saying but I think Waller and JJ move us to atleast equal to that team and then you add Ruggs (who even if he isn't acclimated will be good for 60rec 650yrd) Edwards and Bowden (who will probably add another 300-600yrd total) and we have a great chance to be a huge step better than that team. Not to mention way more versatile and having Gruden design and calling plays.

Yeah our offense should be really good this season if the young guys are legit. Gruden's going to have a lot of toys to play with. Hopefully Carr makes the most of it and gets us back to the playoffs this year.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah our offense should be really good this season if the young guys are legit. Gruden's going to have a lot of toys to play with. Hopefully Carr makes the most of it and gets us back to the playoffs this year.

Its gonna be tough with the offensive improvements Den has made and the Queefs being who they are. Not worried about that LA team yet til I see them in action.

Alot will be on our defense. If they can limit the avg teams like they did at times last year and improve on stopping big plays we could be looking at a nice run. The offense is gonna do what they do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

Its gonna be tough with the offensive improvements Den has made and the Queefs being who they are. Not worried about that LA team yet til I see them in action.

Alot will be on our defense. If they can limit the avg teams like they did at times last year and improve on stopping big plays we could be looking at a nice run. The offense is gonna do what they do.

LA's success will depend on the play of Herbert/Taylor but they're stacked at the skill position spots and on defense. 

Interested to see how the defense plays this year. Hopefully Mullen can make a leap and Arnette is solid day one starter. Also hoping that Isaiah Johnson and Abram can both play well this year in what is essentially their rookie seasons. The defense isn't going to be great but it could be average it really just depends on the growth and improvement of our young players. If Crosby/Ferrell make a second year jump and Collins plays to his potential our pass rush should be solid. I also think adding Randall/Kwit/Littleton plus getting Abram back is going to help us a ton defending TE's and RB's. A lot of question marks but a ton of speed, talent, and athleticism. We'll have a young starter at pretty much every position across our defense except NCB. 

Really enjoyed last night and feel really excited about what it does to the team and how it fits in with the Ruggs pick particularly. Looking forward to today and hope we can get some depth at some positions but I feel at least position wise, we have covered most of what we needed.

Fast, dynamic WR to take the top off? Check

Bog bodied complementary outside WR? Check

Physical pro ready CB to play opposite Mullen.....Gadget RB to add even more dynamic threat and spell Jacobs.....coverage linebacker to add depth to our 2 FA guys? Check

Add to all this the improved special teams element too. I could probably grips a bit about value - but pretty happy over all

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Honestly I wanted Lamb. But I think a Ruggs Edwards combo might be the best WR combo we could have gotten because it's also more value than grabbing Hamler in the mid 2nd (Lamb Hamler was my favorite going into the draft).

Yep. For as much as i wanted Lamb over Ruggs, i understand what their plan was. It was much easier to get a WR with a somewhat similar skillset to Lamb in the 3rd than one similar to Ruggs. Only speed guy would have been Duvernay who doesn't have much route running ability.

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Yep. For as much as i wanted Lamb over Ruggs, i understand what their plan was. It was much easier to get a WR with a somewhat similar skillset to Lamb in the 3rd than one similar to Ruggs. Only speed guy would have been Duvernay who doesn't have much route running ability.

I've said this in every thread. Lamb is still that dude, but I said it was all who they paired with ruggs. Edwards is good pairing on paper. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Yes

since it’s just too hard to realistically determine what offers there were

Sorry my gf broke me off an I’ll sympathy bj and I passed out...even she knew the picks sucked!  I wrote this long *** (even for me) analysis then I lost it when the page reloaded.

my problem with these picks isn’t one single one besides Tanner Muse (take Malik Harrison and don’t trade back) or if you trade back take Bryce Hall CB, such a steal.  I’d have taken Zack Moss over Lynn Bowden.  Moss is a real RB and a hard runner and good receiver.  I Think Bowden as a RB won’t work that great he’s too light.

my issue is the overall draft.  It’s trash.  Tell me if I’m wrong: if I posted this as a mock the draft before you’d have loved it?

Mayock should have traded back like he said was offered and still gotten Arnette.  I believe GB offered him 30 and at least 84. It’s horrible value (50 cent in the dollar) but you then trade 80 and 94 and get up into the second for a guy who was much a steal like Denzel Mims, since we wanted a A 2nd WR so badly.  Or trade up into the tip of The Third and get Ashtyn Davis, Zach Braun, Okwara.  Oh, I’d have taken Gallimore over Bowden too prolly.  Dallas just cleans up after us.

we really really could have gotten Ceedee Lamb, Damon Arnette, Denzel Mims, Zack Moss, Malik Harrison, and Bryce Hall.

no individual pick besides Muse is indefensible it’s that we just wasted a lot of value by reaching at 19 for Arnette and sat on our hands watching great value come off the board in 2nd-3rd and when it was our turn the talent pool dried up a lot and we left some moderately better players on the board.

this class really could end up as a complete bust.  I hope not... obviously I’m not just a hater.... I’m passionate about my team... it kills me to see other teams like Baltimore or Dallas have such great drafts with worse picks.  

@jimkelly02

I agree somewhat, but you can't armchair it after picks and say we could of had all these guys. No one knows that during draft. You don't know who's board has who, where. So it's a lot of guessing value for other teams. I do agree with trading back in first if you like Arnett there. You can prob get him at 30 and get a bonus of grabbing an extra pick with it.

It also doesn't matter value if they all preform like last year. 

Edited by roi34

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Sorry my gf broke me off an I’ll sympathy bj and I passed out...even she knew the picks sucked!  I wrote this long *** (even for me) analysis then I lost it when the page reloaded.

my problem with these picks isn’t one single one besides Tanner Muse (take Malik Harrison and don’t trade back) or if you trade back take Bryce Hall CB, such a steal.  I’d have taken Zack Moss over Lynn Bowden.  Moss is a real RB and a hard runner and good receiver.  I Think Bowden as a RB won’t work that great he’s too light.

my issue is the overall draft.  It’s trash.  Tell me if I’m wrong: if I posted this as a mock the draft before you’d have loved it?

Mayock should have traded back like he said was offered and still gotten Arnette.  I believe GB offered him 30 and at least 84. It’s horrible value (50 cent in the dollar) but you then trade 80 and 94 and get up into the second for a guy who was much a steal like Denzel Mims, since we wanted a A 2nd WR so badly.  Or trade up into the tip of The Third and get Ashtyn Davis, Zach Braun, Okwara.  Oh, I’d have taken Gallimore over Bowden too prolly.  Dallas just cleans up after us.

we really really could have gotten Ceedee Lamb, Damon Arnette, Denzel Mims, Zack Moss, Malik Harrison, and Bryce Hall.

no individual pick besides Muse is indefensible it’s that we just wasted a lot of value by reaching at 19 for Arnette and sat on our hands watching great value come off the board in 2nd-3rd and when it was our turn the talent pool dried up a lot and we left some moderately better players on the board.

this class really could end up as a complete bust.  I hope not... obviously I’m not just a hater.... I’m passionate about my team... it kills me to see other teams like Baltimore or Dallas have such great drafts with worse picks.  

LMAO...I could tell you were letdown yesterday on here. 

17 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Taking Ruggs definitely allowed freedom at WR later. 

It's funny, they got a "steal" in Edwards, and a "reach" in Arnette. No one would have blinked at Jaylon Johnson, but he would have been a reach too. Like, for sure, no doubt, 30 picks too early reach. Everyone would have been fine with it.  Why? Because we have been reading about Jaylon, if we had been reading about Arnette, we would have been fine with it. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, massraider said:

It's funny, they got a "steal" in Edwards, and a "reach" in Arnette. No one would have blinked at Jaylon Johnson, but he would have been a reach too. Like, for sure, no doubt, 30 picks too early reach. Everyone would have been fine with it.  Why? Because we have been reading about Jaylon, if we had been reading about Arnette, we would have been fine with it. 

This is so true. The righteous indignation of some posters. They are so certain that one player is far superior than another.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, massraider said:

I was thinking this all day yesterday. Guys had Fulton, Johnson, Baun, Mims etc at 19 and would have been completely fine with these guys, but look how the rest of the league perceived them. We don’t know for sure how long a player is gonna last, all it takes is one team to like a guy.