Draft Day Thread: Day 2

MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Where are we gonna play all these guys at? We signed With Witten to go along with Moreau, Waller, Renfrow, Williams...now we add another 3 WRs in the draft extending the inexperience in the WR room. At some point, we gotta let these guys play. 

We'll use Bowden primarily as a RB and out of the backfield according to Mayock. 

Waller - Clear starter at TE and #1 option.

Moreau - TE #2 if he's healthy but may need some time. 

Witten - TE #3 that's used primarily in the red zone. 

Williams - Starting outside WR. 

Renfrow - Starting slot WR. 

Ruggs - Starting outside WR.

Edwards - Backup outside WR. 

• Like 2

You guys crack me up and shouldn't base a players value off of unprofessional scouts.  

What's not to like?  Ruggs is a hard nosed baller with 4.2 speed and great hands.  Trust me he is not DHB, not even in the same universe.  I wanted Lamb but as soon as Ruggs was drafted I understood what Mayock was doing and he proved me right with Edwards in the 3rd.  I called that move 100 percent after we took Ruggs, not the player but the philosophy.  Ruggs and Edwards is better a better combo than Lamb and Edwards, I now see that.  

I would have preferred Terrell over Arnette and one can always complain about a trade down but Mayock knew what he wanted in a Cb and thought the trade down wasn't worth the risk of losing his guy again.  Let's say we traded down and acquired a 3rd then someone picked Arnette where would that have left us at CB?  Trying to fit a guy into our system that isn't a good fit?  Arnette is a baller and is a 1st round CB no matter what couch potato scouts want to believe.  Could we have gotten him later most likely yes but to Mayock losing him was not worth the risk and I respect that.  The draft network had him as their 6th overall CB, 43rd overall prospect, 1 spot behind Terrell at 42 overall.  Saying that he would have been there if we traded back is like saying you guarantee Fulton would have been drafted ahead of Noah I. or that GB would have never taken a QB in the 1st when they clearly need Wr help

I love the Edwards pick and the fact that we triple dipped at WR although Bowden is more of a gadget player (RB/WR hybrid).  Edwards is a perfect compliment to Ruggs and can be that over the middle/ red zone threat this team has been lacking.  Bowden add versatility to a team that has been lacking it forever.  Over the last 2 days we have given Carr weapons to be successful, have revamped our trash WR corp and pushed the garbage we had last year to the unemployment line where they belong.  Absolute trash, I knew it and apparently Mayock knew it as well.  

Our WR corp is now Ruggs, Williams, Edwards, Renfrow, Bowden, Agholor which is light years better than the garbage we had last season. 

To put the cherry on top where are all the Carr haters now with every lame excuse as to why we should cut or trade him.  All the trash about drafting a QB was all nonsense and you tools ate it up.  I could not believe how some people are so blind but think they are seeing clearly.  The Raiders clearly do not think Carr is the problem which is evident by this draft.  The pieces are in place now for him to get back to a pro bowl level so get your stomaches ready to handle all the crow you'll be eating next season.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You guys crack me up and shouldn't base a players value off of unprofessional scouts.  

What's not to like?  Ruggs is a hard nosed baller with 4.2 speed and great hands.  Trust me he is not DHB, not even in the same universe.  I wanted Lamb but as soon as Ruggs was drafted I understood what Mayock was doing and he proved me right with Edwards in the 3rd.  I called that move 100 percent, not the player but the philosophy.  Ruggs and Edwards is better a better combo than Lamb and Edwards, I now see that.  

I would have preferred Terrell over Arnette and one can always complain about a trade down but Mayock knew what he wanted in a Cb and thought the trade down wasn't worth the risk of losing his guy again.  Let's say we traded down and acquired a 3rd then someone picked Arnette where would that have left us at CB?  Trying to fit a guy into our system that isn't a good fit?  Arnette is a baller and is a 1st round CB no matter what couch potato scouts want to believe.  Could we have gotten him later most likely yes but to Mayock he losing him was not worth the risk and I respect that.  The draft network had him as their 6th overall CB, 43rd overall prospect, 1 spot behind Terrell at 42 overall.  Saying that he would have been there if we traded back is like saying you guarantee Fulton would have been drafted ahead of Noah I. or that GB would have never taken a QB in the 1st when they clearly need Wr help

I love the Edwards pick and the fact that we triple dipped at WR although Bowden is more of a gadget player (RB/WR hybrid).  Edwards is a perfect compliment to Ruggs and can be that over the middle/ red zone threat this team has been lacking.  Bowden add versatility to a team that has been lacking it forever.  Over the last 2 days we have given Carr weapons to be successful, have revamped our trash WR corp and pushed the garbage we had last year to the unemployment line where they belong.  Absolute trash, I knew it and apparently Mayock knew it as well.  

Our WR corp is now Ruggs, Williams, Edwards, Renfrow, Bowden, Agholor which is light years better than the garbage we had last season. 

To put the cherry on top where are all the Carr haters now with every lame excuse as to why we should cut or trade him.  All the trash about drafting a QB was all nonsense and you tools ate it up.  I could not believe how some people are so blind but think they are seeing clearly.  The Raiders clearly do not think Carr is the problem which is evident by this draft.  The pieces are in place now for him to get back to a pro bowl level so get your stomaches ready to handle all the crow you'll be eating next season.  

Really dude you said you'd have a fit if they took Ruggs over Lamb who you would'nt even commit to wanting Lamb until a week before the draft. Now Ruggs is a hard core baller, He proved you right, lol I've been calling it for 2 months, take Ruggs and a big WR in the 3rd while you were calling Ruggs bad value, you're way over the top man.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Really dude you said you'd have a fit if they took Ruggs over Lamb who you would'nt even commit to wanting Lamb until a week before the draft. Now Ruggs is a hard core baller, He proved you right, lol I've been calling it for 2 months, take Ruggs and a big WR in the 3rd while you were calling Ruggs bad value, you're way over the top man.

Honestly I wanted Lamb. But I think a Ruggs Edwards combo might be the best WR combo we could have gotten because it's also more value than grabbing Hamler in the mid 2nd (Lamb Hamler was my favorite going into the draft).

11 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I wanted Lamb yes but never said I would have a fit if they took Ruggs.  I had Ruggs behind Lamb and ahead of Jeudy and I based that off of what the Raiders needed at the time not knowing who would be available in the 3rd.  When Mayock made the pick the picture became clear as to what he was trying to do.  Ruggs in combination with a bigger bodied possession type WR is much more dynamic than Lamb by himself or Lamb and that same big bodied WR.  Lamb and the big bodied WR's skills overlap in certain areas a big bodied WR and Ruggs are night and day in terms of skills.  

Ruggs is a baller and I am thrilled we got him.  The dude can fly and has very good hands.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I wanted Lamb, too. He will be damn good day one and thrive. I think he will be considered the best of the big 3 receivers in this draft, but Ruggs has the chance to be the most impactful if that makes sense.

I think you're spot on here, Lamb may be the best overall WR in the class long term when we look back but how Ruggs will impact our passing attack is what we were looking at. Ruggs combined with Edwards is a good combination i feel and Williams will probably be the deep threat moreso than Ruggs who I think will see a lot of short, quick hits to get the ball in his hands with the odd deep ball to keep the defence honest. We now have a nice complimentary group and a couple good TEs that also have to be accounted for.  

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It'll be almost impossible to outscore KC as long as Carr is our QB. 

I disagree. In 2016 when we had some weapons and a decent defense we scored at a high rate (416 total points) under Carr. I would argue that we have a better team now for sure with more weapons, a better offense scheme and a better overall defense. KC scored 449 point last year. Are we 40 pts better, of course I don't know, but I do think we have the chance to be...

17 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I disagree. In 2016 when we had some weapons and a decent defense we scored at a high rate (416 total points) under Carr. I would argue that we have a better team now for sure with more weapons, a better offense scheme and a better overall defense. KC scored 449 point last year. Are we 40 pts better, of course I don't know, but I do think we have the chance to be...

On paper we're definitely talented. But that 2016 team also had two veteran 1,000+ yard WR in Cooper and Crabtree. The majority of our weapons are unproven. And Brady Quinn made a great point on CBS today, it's going to be difficult to get all 3 of those guys acclimated and ready to go by week 1 with the lack of offseason training and programs. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

On paper we're definitely talented. But that 2016 team also had two veteran 1,000+ yard WR in Cooper and Crabtree. The majority of our weapons are unproven. And Brady Quinn made a great point on CBS today, it's going to be difficult to get all 3 of those guys acclimated and ready to go by week 1 with the lack of offseason training and programs. 

Did you just call Amari Cooper in his 2nd year a veteran?

I get what you are saying but I think Waller and JJ move us to atleast equal to that team and then you add Ruggs (who even if he isn't acclimated will be good for 60rec 650yrd) Edwards and Bowden (who will probably add another 300-600yrd total) and we have a great chance to be a huge step better than that team. Not to mention way more versatile and having Gruden design and calling plays.