2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He was actually one of the better pass pro guys of the class. 

Maybe it was just the UCLA game I was watching. When he found the blitzing linebacker he stuffed him, but a couple times he was late and whiffed, with one time causing a sack fumble. 

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He was actually one of the better pass pro guys of the class. 

He had a pretty rough sack given up against both Notre Dame and Clemson. If you're only watching those games against good competition, I can see how somebody might draw that conclusion. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He had a pretty rough sack given up against both Notre Dame and Clemson. If you're only watching those games against good competition, I can see how somebody might draw that conclusion. 

No, I get it. Just saying that pass pro from RBs in this class wasn't a strong suit overall. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No, I get it. Just saying that pass pro from RBs in this class wasn't a strong suit overall. 

Pass pro from college running backs as a whole is well below what the NFL considers adequate.  Saying a college RB needs to get better at pass pro is like saying a college QB needs to get better at reading defenses- prospects for which this is not true are exceptional (e.g. Zeke, Luck.)

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

My take on the pass pro stuff is that pass pro for RBs is about having the right attitude to do it, the processing speed to understand what's happening in front of you and how to set your feet against faster guys, and the size to not get run over by bigger dudes.

Dillon checks all of those boxes. There's no reason for me to conclude that he's going to be anything other than pretty darn good in pass pro. 

• Like 4

Some guys that come to mind when try to come up with a comp:

AJ Dillon 6’0 247 4.53

Derrick Henry 6’3 247 4.54

Brandon Jacobs 6’4 267(lol) 4.56

Ricky Williams 5’11 244 4.56

Jamal Lewis 6’1 240 4.58

Legarrette Blount 6’1 241 4.70

James Conner 6’1 233 4.65 (Played in the 240’s in college)

Leveon Bell 6’1 230 4.60 (Played in the 240’s in college)

Steven Jackson 6’2 241 4.45

Michael Turner 5’11 237 4.49

Do any of these guys stand out stylistically?

Is there a chance we have him drop some weight ala Le’Veon Bell and James Conner?