2 minutes ago, Lieker said:

Some guys that come to mind when try to come up with a comp:

AJ Dillon 6’0 247 4.53

Derrick Henry 6’3 247 4.54

Brandon Jacobs 6’4 267(lol) 4.56

Ricky Williams 5’11 244 4.56

Jamal Lewis 6’1 240 4.58

Legarrette Blount 6’1 241 4.70

James Conner 6’1 233 4.65 (Played in the 240’s in college)

Leveon Bell 6’1 230 4.60 (Played in the 240’s in college)

Steven Jackson 6’2 241 4.45

Michael Turner 5’11 237 4.49

Do any of these guys stand out stylistically?

Is there a chance we have him drop some weight ala Le’Veon Bell and James Conner?

I can see a little michael turner stylistically 

6 minutes ago, Lieker said:

Do any of these guys stand out stylistically?

I think he's a cross between Henry, Blount and Turner. Athletically he is close to Henry, physically like Turner but taller and stylistically like Blount but with speed.

Edited by Chili

Just now, Chili said:

Ryan Grant was fantastic for us. What are you smoking?

Grant was great for a street pick up but he didn't have any wiggle nor was he able to put guys on the ground. I remember how little life he offered on short yardage situations. 

Grant was great for 3-5 yards. That's average.

5 hours ago, sshle_ said:

Grant was great for a street pick up but he didn't have any wiggle nor was he able to put guys on the ground. I remember how little life he offered on short yardage situations. 

Grant was great for 3-5 yards. That's average.

What is happening. Grant was mister big play. He was the poster child of 1, 2, 2, 45 yd TD. Dude didn't need wiggle because he would just blow by people's terrible angles because they didn't expect him to come so fast. He had hamstring issues in 2008 and wasn't the same after 2010 due to the knee and age, but he still was hitting home runs even in the Matt Flynn game. In 2007 he led the NFL in carries per 20 yard run over rookie AP, who set the single game rushing record that year.

I would LOVE if this kid was Ryan Grant, that would be a home run pick in this system, good Lord. Dude was an absolute home run hitter on the inside and outside zone.

• Like 1

Blah blah, Aaron Jones and Williams are free agents next year. So what. This guy is not a generational talent, he's no Swift, Taylor, Dobbins or even that LSU RB taken at the last pick in the firsts talent. Complete waste of a pick, not even a drunk beekay, no matter how hard he tries, can justify this. But there will be some people that try to, that will try to for every pick, and if you don't agree with them they'll throw a ***** fit and call you a mouth breather or a dumb ****. Pray for those guys. They need it more than anything. AJ Dillon, I wish you a long, successful career, but holy ****, 2nd round with who we have??? C'mon. 

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

Blah blah, Aaron Jones and Williams are free agents next year. So what. This guy is not a generational talent, he's no Swift, Taylor, Dobbins or even that LSU RB taken at the last pick in the firsts talent. Complete waste of a pick, not even a drunk beekay, no matter how hard he tries, can justify this. But there will be some people that try to, that will try to for every pick, and if you don't agree with them they'll throw a ***** fit and call you a mouth breather or a dumb ****. Pray for those guys. They need it more than anything. AJ Dillon, I wish you a long, successful career, but holy ****, 2nd round with who we have??? C'mon. 

Like, this is such a strange take to me. Dillon has flaws, but he's 245 lbs, and jumped 41" and 10'11", and ran a 4.53. Whether he works out or not, that's a crazy physical talent, and he produced in college against ridiculous numbers of stacked boxes. 

It's fine if you don't love him, that's understandable, but it shouldn't be shocking that he excites people. That Eagles offense didn't use him well at all, and he has the chance to play in a system where he can actually use his physical traits and running style more effectively.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

We have Matt Lafleur, it's pretty clear he wants to run the ball. They loved this guy enough to draft him in the second, and I myself did not like taking a RB this early, but I understand why they did it. They want a healthy rotation of backs to run with, with different styles of running. I'm not gonna rip on you for being against it, but lets see how they utilize him before calling him a waste of a pick. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

5 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

After hearing your thoughts on our draft picks, please change your username. 

5 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

What is happening. Grant was mister big play. He was the poster child of 1, 2, 2, 45 yd TD. Dude didn't need wiggle because he would just blow by people's terrible angles because they didn't expect him to come so fast. He had hamstring issues in 2008 and wasn't the same after 2010 due to the knee and age, but he still was hitting home runs even in the Matt Flynn game. In 2007 he led the NFL in carries per 20 yard run over rookie AP, who set the single game rushing record that year.

I would LOVE if this kid was Ryan Grant, that would be a home run pick in this system, good Lord. Dude was an absolute home run hitter on the inside and outside zone.

Thank you.

Palmy said that Grant was simply unique in that next gear. You had to get him into a hole clean, but his next gear—the acceleration from ten to forty—was quantitatively super elite.