Pick #100 is in: LB, Tanner Muse, Clemson

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

You dont think a number of guys here could have drafted better than, say the Browns over the last 10 years, well maybe excluding the last couple drafts? Even if you just guessed the picks the odds of hitting on some of those first round picks would have meant a random selection would have been better than what they managed.

Of course theres no way to prove it that average Joe would have done better but for all the information and tools these GMs get a large number of them are absolutely awful at the draft 😁😁. You'll not persuade me that a number of them have absolutely no clue what they're doing.

if you've just going by talent alone you'll have a lot of busts.

There's a lot that goes into a draft bust, coaching, team Chemistry, family and friends.

40 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

I hate this line of argument so much.  By your logic, you should stop giving your opinion on sports in general because you don't work in the industry and have insufficient information.  Just completely defer to the "experts" and don't give any opinions.  You should apply this to politics as well as you surely don't have as much experience and information regarding the policies.

Nowadays you can watch multiple full games of nearly every player in the draft - pretty much the same as what teams are watching except you don't have the All 22.  While we don't have medical or character information, we can certainly watch the players and make informed judgments on their ability.  

This isn't rocket science.  Most people here have watched football their entire lives and know what a good player looks like.  Lets stop acting like NFL GMs/scouts have some unobtainable skill or expertise.  They whiff all the time and can have bad opinions. 

I don't even know how to answer this.

You're saying you can tell the difference between 3th round CB and 4th round CB by watching a few game?

25 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

if you've just going by talent alone you'll have a lot of busts.

There's a lot that goes into a draft bust, coaching, team Chemistry, family and friends.

And yet they still get it wrong so often, maybe they need less information and to judge these young guys on their football abilities more.

You dont gave to be a genius to figure out Brandon Weeden is going to bust or Johnny Manziel would be a train wreck in Cleveland or even that DHB in the first is a mighty reach. 

Ill stand by my comments, these guys are not genius's for the most part 😀 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

OK, I need insight and I don't have time to read 7 pages of posts.  A poster on another site mentioned he'll be moved or used as a LB then said Burfict is gone.  Is Muse destined for the middle?  I don't think so but what do I know.

Mayock has said he's going to have a big role on ST and learn to play MLB and WLB.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 9:10 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I don’t get these videos.  People act like they never had a buddy run out of gas and call you to push while they steered and get them the 1/4 mile they ran out of gas short of the station?

my buddy with a Jeep gas legit called me 2x to do this 

Mayock could have gotten me and I wouldn’t cost a 3rd rounder or even the 100k he gave Nick Bowers

• Like 1