Pick #100 is in: LB, Tanner Muse, Clemson

RaidersAreOne

I feel like Mike Mayock needs some home run picks tomorrow, some Max/Renfrow picks. Who are you some prospects you like on Day 3?? 

Guys I like:

• OL: Muti, Prince Wanogho, Ben Bartch, Alex Taylor, Kindley, Stenberg, Simpson, Adams, Charles, Runyan
  • DL: Alton Robinson, 
  • LB: Davis Gaither, Dye, Bailey, Bachie, Mykal Walker, Weaver, Woodward
  • CB: Hall, Amik, Pride JR, Holmes, Vildor, Robinson, Guidry
  • S: JR Reed, Robinson

Alot of good OL, CB, and LB

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s a sleeper watch him push morrow for pt 

crazzzzzy productive for a back up at Clemson 

hasn’t even scratched the surface yet

ww need more lbs anyways

I think we shift Morrow over to MLB now, he knows the system after 3 years in it. Muse start off as backup WLB to Littleton

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Normally someone posts something positive about a prospect after the pick. It's crickets on this guy. Seems his best achievement is switching positions with Simmons from time to time lol

I think a lot of us liked him and he was mocked to us a lot, I did myself.......but that was in the 5th round or thereabouts. 

The problem is how high the pick was and the other guys still on the board at the time, looks like a total projection type pick........

• Like 1

Project who is going to learn a new position while primarily playing special teams. That doesn't scream 3rd rounder to me, at all. 

I'm convinced at this point that Mayock/Gruden dont really have a big board. They just identify 10-15 players they really like and draft those guys no matter what. That's why we routinely hear stories about how they "tried to trade down" because they know they're reaching, but they dont care because they want THEIR guys.

I loved the Edwards pick, but I give this one a D. Hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by Turnobili

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

If we would have draft Bryce Hall or Amik at 100 would have really revamped our corner unit. 

This, absolutely this. I would have loved Bryce Hall or Amik. 

In the "who do you want to target in day 2" thread I was pounding the table to get another WR and another CB. I love that we took Edwards (I wanted to trade up for Mims but staying put and taking Edwards is fairly comparable in value), but we are still shaky thin at CB. Blown opportunity when Hall was sitting right there.

Edited by Turnobili

Developmental pick probably taken a bit early.

It’s like the reverse of the Arnette pick where we think we are in on Terrell from Clemson but he goes just before our pick so Mayock says ‘who has Ohio got at CB?’

This time Harrison goes just before so Mayock says ‘who has Clemson got at LB’? 

Edited by Dessie

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

At his pro day he ran a 4.39 too. Issue with him is that he has straight line speed but isn't that fluid in his movement which is why he has to move to LB despite having elite speed for the safety position.

He has elite speed for any position.

Didn’t Kwit play safety early on? At college or perhaps high school? 

Hard to get too excited about the pick but in terms of position and need we wanted more depth, speed and coverage ability in our LBs and he gives us that. 

I think someone else said it, but I think Grudock just have a very specific view on what they want from their version of a Raider and when they focus in on someone, they won’t be deterred. In the absence of scouts and other FO personnel around them, they are even more single minded this draft.

• Like 1