The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, raidr4life said:

The most interesting is..

Average completed air yards - Was among the lowest of all QB's because we know he is dump off king.

Aggressiveness % - Again among the lowest because he doesn't thread the needle or throw guy's open downfield.

Air yards to the sticks -2.3 - One of the worst, because we've all watched him throw short of the stick on many occasions especially on 3rd downs.

Compare his #’s to Mariota 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-punt-attempts-per-game

last 5 games last year (Playoff survival mode) our defense forced a average 5.3 punts per game which was tied for 4th in the nfl with the likes of Balt, Philly, ne. 

I like it but could be a little deceiving.  I would like to see punts per drive.  If our offense can not sustain drives and our opponents get on average 3 more drives opportunities a game then the numbers are not as impressive but would also show the negative impact our offense is having on our defense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-punt-attempts-per-game

last 5 games last year (Playoff survival mode) our defense forced a average 5.3 punts per game which was tied for 4th in the nfl with the likes of Balt, Philly, ne. 

Last 5 games we had last year we lost Hunter Renfrow for two (JAX and KC) and Josh Jacobs for two (DEN and LAC).  Jacobs was playing through injury and averaged less than 4 yards per carry against JAX and the Jets (two of the last 5 games).  Tyrell Williams was a non factor after week 5 of the season.  Darren Waller was our only real weapon.  I know these are "excuses", I don't care.  We didn't have depth last year, at all.  I'm just saying I feel much more loaded on offense after we acquired Ruggs, Edwards, and Lynn Bowden.  Even Nelson Agholor is a step up from last years depth at WR.  Hopefully Zay Jones gets better after being in the system for some time now as well.  But to think our team was going to make a push with literally no depth at almost every position is just crazy.  2-3 players go down on either side of the ball and all heck breaks loose.  It happened, all heck broke loose.  The Jets took advantage and destroyed us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I like it but could be a little deceiving.  I would like to see punts per drive.  If our offense can not sustain drives and our opponents get on average 3 more drives opportunities a game then the numbers are not as impressive but would also show the negative impact our offense is having on our defense.

Your eyes don't deceive you, we played what was supposed to be the easy part of our schedule against bad teams, the defense held up mostly, but we couldn't score points

35 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Last 5 games we had last year we lost Hunter Renfrow for two (JAX and KC) and Josh Jacobs for two (DEN and LAC).  Jacobs was playing through injury and averaged less than 4 yards per carry against JAX and the Jets (two of the last 5 games).  Tyrell Williams was a non factor after week 5 of the season.  Darren Waller was our only real weapon.  I know these are "excuses", I don't care.  We didn't have depth last year, at all.  I'm just saying I feel much more loaded on offense after we acquired Ruggs, Edwards, and Lynn Bowden.  Even Nelson Agholor is a step up from last years depth at WR.  Hopefully Zay Jones gets better after being in the system for some time now as well.  But to think our team was going to make a push with literally no depth at almost every position is just crazy.  2-3 players go down on either side of the ball and all heck breaks loose.  It happened, all heck broke loose.  The Jets took advantage and destroyed us.

Defense had injuries/suspensions also esp lbs and dbs but they still showed up

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Everything is debatable here lol everything 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Realistically we should've won the games against the Jaguars and the Broncos. 

• Like 1

Just to have everyone on the record.  Does Carr have enough weapons to succeed?  

I say yes and he has top ten weapons and o-line.  No excuses unless the entire team goes down with hamstring injuries.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I say yes and he has top ten weapons and o-line.  No excuses unless the entire team goes down with hamstring injuries.

Rookie WRs typically don't translate quickly, but there are so many weapons I don't see how he doesn't produce minus worst ever team injury year.

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

100% yes.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He has enough weapons. The rookies shouldn't produce more than 700 yards each. Anything more is gravy... Hopefully Carr is spreading the ball around so much that nobody gets a 1000 yards receiving but he passes for over 5,000

Does Gruden have enough schemes/plays to get full use of the weapons is also a good question. I think if Carr struggles too much that Marcus will be brought in to make the seat really hot. Don't care who's playing as long as were winning. Carr was our only QB who could win but now we've got another guy who was in Carr's position last year but Tannenhill was less of a threat to Marcus than Marcus is to Carr. Carr should play more aggressive with Marcus in the wings. Also knows if an injury happens that the team doesn't lose instantly like in 2016. We've got depth on this team everywhere but LB. RB depth is so so

19 minutes ago, G said:

He has enough weapons. The rookies shouldn't produce more than 700 yards each. Anything more is gravy... Hopefully Carr is spreading the ball around so much that nobody gets a 1000 yards receiving but he passes for over 5,000

Does Gruden have enough schemes/plays to get full use of the weapons is also a good question. I think if Carr struggles too much that Marcus will be brought in to make the seat really hot. Don't care who's playing as long as were winning. Carr was our only QB who could win but now we've got another guy who was in Carr's position last year but Tannenhill was less of a threat to Marcus than Marcus is to Carr. Carr should play more aggressive with Marcus in the wings. Also knows if an injury happens that the team doesn't lose instantly like in 2016. We've got depth on this team everywhere but LB. RB depth is so so

I think gruden has a bigger playbook. 

ironically watching that 2017 wash oak game the announcers talked about how jay gruden lost two 1000 yr wrs from 2016 (Pierre Garson and one other guy I forget) and how he had to adjust the playbook to include more te heavy plays taking advantage of guys like Vernon Davis (similar to waller). 

ive heard in interviews from everyone like mike may to other players about how ab basically jacked up the playbook plans

• Like 2