The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s was me and I think the stat was 54 (nfl.com)pass attempts of 20+ yards or more not completions

54/16 games= about 3 deep shots per game 

seems believable

but the fact he didn’t register on the Best deep pass qbs link I posted made me question that “qb mine”stats. 

but qb mine counts any pass 10+ yards as a deep pass vs other sources who think 20+ yards is more accurately equivalent to a deep pass. 

Actually I disagree because, I believe it's all 20 yard pass plays, credit to YAC by the WR's. Because when you look at 40+ yard plays it shows 10 of them, and in the 12 games shown in the passing chart Carr only threw one pass over 40 yards incomplete. You think back to the few long plays Waller, Renfrow, Williams and Jacobs had 10 is  about right.

Unless Carr threw the other nine 40 yard passes in 4 games, and we all know that didn't happen.

Also look at the passing charts there are multiple games Carr didn't even throw a single pass past 20 yards complete or not.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

On 5/19/2020 at 11:26 AM, Rich7sena said:

But, more importantly, the film shows Carr has improved as a player since 2016. The film shows a quarterback that is more accurate at all parts of the field. Further, he has markedly improved his pocket presence and rush avoidance.

The film shows a QB in his 6th year who still can't function in cold weather. Film shows a QB who is all time bad against actual good teams. Film shows a QB who is average at best in the red zone, can't get the offense started in the 2nd half of games. Film shows a QB who can't elevate his teammates. Film shows a QB who can't improvise when things go bad.

He actually did improve a bit in pass rush avoidance last year, I give you that, but he is still one of the worst QBs in the league when it comes to that. You either have it or you don't, it's clear Carr will never be the type of QB who can thrive making off scheduled plays, which in today's NFL is a huuuuge part of the game. His improvisational skills suck. He can't create.

Using a basketball analogy Derek Carr is a good shooter but can't create his own shot.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:26 AM, Rich7sena said:

Since 2016, Carr has been playing in a less talented offense with more conservative play-calling. He's not playing a QB friendly system (high rate of shotgun, RPO, spread) so his raw production is going to be suppressed until the playcalling changes.

Yawn...Blaming the playcalling and the players around him again. I wonder if you Carr Stan's get sick of constantly making excuses. It's been 7 freaking years.

There is no way Carr is a better player today than he was in 2016. Idc what "advanced metrics" say or analytics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Actually I disagree because, I believe it's all 20 yard pass plays, credit to YAC by the WR's. Because when you look at 40+ yard plays it shows 10 of them, and in the 12 games shown in the passing chart Carr only threw one pass over 40 yards incomplete. You think back to the few long plays Waller, Renfrow, Williams and Jacobs had 10 is  about right.

Unless Carr threw the other nine 40 yard passes in 4 games, and we all know that didn't happen.

Also look at the passing charts there are multiple games Carr didn't even throw a single pass past 20 yards complete or not.

You’re prolly right I wish one site would show the attempt/ completions but I haven’t found one besides the one you posted but that was only 12 weeks iirc

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The film shows a QB in his 6th year who still can't function in cold weather. Film shows a QB who is all time bad against actual good teams. Film shows a QB who is average at best in the red zone, can't get the offense started in the 2nd half of games. Film shows a QB who can't elevate his teammates. Film shows a QB who can't improvise when things go bad.

He actually did improve a bit in pass rush avoidance last year, I give you that, but he is still one of the worst QBs in the league when it comes to that. You either have it or you don't, it's clear Carr will never be the type of QB who can thrive making off scheduled plays, which in today's NFL is a huuuuge part of the game. His improvisational skills suck. He can't create.

Using a basketball analogy Derek Carr is a good shooter but can't create his own shot.

Yawn...Blaming the playcalling and the players around him again. I wonder if you Carr Stan's get sick of constantly making excuses. It's been 7 freaking years.

There is no way Carr is a better player today than he was in 2016. Idc what "advanced metrics" say or analytics. 

Your hate for Carr is poisoning you.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

13 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I wonder if you Carr Stan's get sick of constantly making excuses. It's been 7 freaking years.

I'm surprised you didn't 'like' my post on page 18. Maybe you don't group me in with the Carr 'Stan's' but many of us who back Carr aren't making 'excuses' but pointing out facts of what has happened in his career. Maybe there are Stan's/Haters/ and something in the middle that many of us are. Maybe I'm wrong and you see that and are specifically talking about a small group of posters. I'm not sure what it is but it's interesting that many of us didn't defend Carr until he was being attacked by the fanbase. A few comments/complaints I understand but over a year ago it was lynch mob and seemed like all wanted him gone, but polls showed multiple times that he had more supporters that just weren't vocal about it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess. I had been avoiding Carr/Brady topics because they seem unhealthy and a waste of time but recently been peeking in but doesn't look like much learning or growth here. Just the definition of INSANITY multiplied because of stay at home orders. Will be in Vegas in a few weeks as Cali just keeps being 'cali'

16 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Carr has never played with another good player in his career according to Frankie.

haha keep pumping your fake trash narrative just because you're hurt that Carr is our QB again this year.  Clearly the Raiders brass feels the same way I do in that Carr has never been the problem, rather it's been terrible overall talent and pathetic depth on both sides of the ball.  

I have never said he hasn't played with good players but the overall quality of the teams he has played has been bottom 10 every year. 

What position player "studs" has Carr played with on O since he got here and what year did he have a D that had quality talent on it?  

I get it, it's you and a few other posters are just Carr bashers and are disappointed that I was proven right again after some of you were calling for Carr to be traded for a 2nd, cut for the likes of Ol' Crab legs or traded for Foles or Fitztrash. 

The Raiders never had any intention of doing any of the things you were hoping for or moving on from Carr this offseason and now your dreams have been crushed thanks to Mayock and Gruden LOL.  You get to watch another year of Raider football with Carr as our QB, just like I predicted from day 1.

Carr finally has some weapons to work with and it has taken another blowing up of the roster to accomplish that.  Mayock inherited a dumpster fire which needed to be dismantled and so far in his 2 years as GM I am very pleased.  We still have work to do but I like what I see so far.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Carr is a nice guy that got paid to fast and potentially checked out, bottom line Carr is not a winner and a lot of us are going to find out the hard way, Carr does not have the IT Gene, only winners have it 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigPerro said:

Carr is a nice guy that got paid to fast and potentially checked out, bottom line Carr is not a winner and a lot of us are going to find out the hard way, Carr does not have the IT Gene, only winners have it 

I'm not so sure he isn't a 'winner' with the 'it' gene.........he's an NFL stating QB on the greatest of all franchises, has a 100+ million dollar contract in the bag and gets to live and work in entertainment capital Las Vegas when he's not lounging by his pool sipping Pina Coladas. Whilst I'm sat on my toilet typing this on my scratched and cracked old iphone getting 5 minutes of peace and quiet from a raging toddler......... I'd say he hasn't done too bad for himself 😁😁😁

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

can we talk about how awful Mariota's contract is given what we've seen Winston and Dalton sign for (or that Cam is still a free agent)

Agreed. Better QBs became available later on in the process and we rushed out got the guy we wanted...I guess. If Newton was available at the start of FA, I think he would have signed instead

42 minutes ago, BigPerro said:

100% Agreed. Actually the Carr Gene so far has produced the worst losing QBs in NFL history. Only David is worse

38 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

can we talk about how awful Mariota's contract is given what we've seen Winston and Dalton sign for (or that Cam is still a free agent)

Can't we get out of it super easy next year? Essentially is a one-year deal but if he balls out there's a lot of incentives?

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can't we get out of it super easy next year? Essentially is a one-year deal but if he balls out there's a lot of incentives?

Meh it was necessary 

carr imo couldn’t handle a qb like cam 

it was almost Mariota or draft a qb

mariota isn’t as much of a threat to take carrs job like cam who is more established in the nfl. Winston didn’t seem like a good fit here imo and dalton is done imo.