The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s the culture w/l is a qb stat and they get the blame and the glory. It is what it is.

dilfer is a sb winning qb who gets his spoils but every football buff knows it was the defense. He’s still a super bowl winning qb tho. 

carr got credit for the w’s if he was a main contributor or not it is what it is. It’s the culture. 

50 years from now nobody will care how we get w’s just who was the qb and who was the coach and they will get the spoils. 

Really though? 

I mean, he gets the spoils the same way Trenton Irwin got the spoils for being a depth piece on the Bengals last year. 

Nobody credible says the 2000 season was spurred by Dilfer's W/L record, an increasingly high number of fans don't even know Trent Dilfer ever won a Superbowl, and his "spoils" were being the only QB in NFL history to win a Superbowl as a starter and get outright released right after. 

And we're not even 1/2 way to 50 years on from that. 

Edited by ronjon1990

20 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

He had one game in the second half of the season with over 300 yards, 1 game with a rating over 100, 8 TDs, and 6 Ints.  Last year was his worst year for fading in the 2nd half.

He had a horrific cast down the stretch. Hard to play qb without your 2 best offensive players.

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And a coach fired for homophobic and sexist comments with Olson as your OC and a mediocre interim head coach

I wouldn’t call Rich Bisaccia a mediocre coach. He was the 1st interim coach to take his team to the playoffs, ever.

Every year people try to devalue the team to prop up Carr

Edited by bucksavage1

14 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wouldn’t call Rich Bisaccia a mediocre coach. He was the 1st interim coach to take his team to the playoffs, ever.

The fact he didn't get a better job than he initially already had with us suggests he was mediocre. You can certainly have your own opinion though but the facts don't really support it. 

Most times the team being devalued is absolutely warranted. '16 and '17 are really the only ones that weren't and last year was the only year he's ever had a defense to help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Did he get hired anywhere else as a head coach?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Bissacia is the definition of mediocre. 

We got into the playoffs because the Ravens borrowed the injury bug from SF, Staley choked, Indy relied on Wentz, and Baker Mayfield is a beyond mediocre QB. 

We benefited more from those things than Bissacia's coaching. 

• Like 2

Considering the Adams contract is essentially 3 years and so will Carr most likely, as is Chandler, it does look like we are going all in for the Super Bowl the next three years with year three having the best odds as it will have the least cap hits. Hopefully Carr can prove me wrong and go deep in the playoffs. 

Looks like after three years, we will likely go into rebuild mode and build a young team through the draft, whether we have won the Super Bowl or not. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Considering the Adams contract is essentially 3 years and so will Carr most likely, as is Chandler, it does look like we are going all in for the Super Bowl the next three years with year three having the best odds as it will have the least cap hits. Hopefully Carr can prove me wrong and go deep in the playoffs. 

Looks like after three years, we will likely go into rebuild mode and build a young team through the draft, whether we have won the Super Bowl or not. 

Yup I’d agree with this, pretty much all in for the next 3 years essentially and then look to build again with Crosby, Jones, Adams and Carr likely gone.