The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

51 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's the guy that stands out and whilst I won't put all my stock into statistics I think he's clearly the best QB in the NFL at this moment in time. Doing more with less, love the guy. Dak, Ryan and Allen gave some pretty notable stats too with big differences.

100 percent.  Russ is clearly the best, most well rounded QB in the NFL and doesn't get the love that he deserves.  I love his game and he is a pleasure to watch on Sundays. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Yes most coaches like to bring in their own  guys, but Gruden has purged the roster of pretty much all of Reggie's picks. Carr, Sharpe and Lee are the only guys left.

That’s a COMPLETE overhaul.... only the QB and backup LB and backup (I think he actually “starts” at SAM, if we don’t sign a veteran) are left after 3 offseason.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s a COMPLETE overhaul.... only the QB and backup LB and backup (I think he actually “starts” at SAM, if we don’t sign a veteran) are left after 3 offseason.

Hudson and jackson 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:43 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Gruden is trying to change the culture of the team from lossers to winners. That's why they emphasize players from winning programs.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 7:43 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Yah 4 starters from pre Gruden days:

Carr, Hudson, Jackson, Morrow 

On 6/16/2020 at 1:18 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

100 percent.  Russ is clearly the best, most well rounded QB in the NFL and doesn't get the love that he deserves.  I love his game and he is a pleasure to watch on Sundays. 

Russ one of my favorite players in the league. Maybe my favorite non Raider. I also like Kyler Murray 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Russ one of my favorite players in the league. Maybe my favorite non Raider. I also like Kyler Murray 

I'm not a Murray fan but a huge fan of Russ.  I really like Luck's game, he had tremendous success with not a great supporting cast.  He sure screwed me over last year through, I had my Fantasy draft on a Saturday afternoon (Drafted Luck as my starter) and two hours after the draft concluded I watched his retirement announcement scroll across the bottom of the screen on NFL Network.  Luckily for me I drafted Dak at the end of the draft as my backup.  

I'm also a huge fan of Michael Thomas, we sure could use a WR like that but what team couldn't LOL

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not a Murray fan but a huge fan of Russ.  I really like Luck's game, he had tremendous success with not a great supporting cast.  He sure screwed me over last year through, I had my Fantasy draft on a Saturday afternoon (Drafted Luck as my starter) and two hours after the draft concluded I watched his retirement announcement scroll across the bottom of the screen on NFL Network.  Luckily for me I drafted Dak at the end of the draft as my backup.  

I'm also a huge fan of Michael Thomas, we sure could use a WR like that but what team couldn't LOL

I like Kyler because he is super small but still a baller. He’s so athletic, fast , with a rocket arm. He’s fun too watch, be interesting to see if he can turn the Cardinal program around. I know he was the 1st pick, but feels like he has that underdog story going for him. 

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite non-Raider in the league is Khalil Mack.  Miss that guy.  I hope we never lose to him though.  I hope he never touches DC or any other QB we have.  Still my favorite though.

22 hours ago, Jerry said:

My favorite non-Raider in the league is Khalil Mack.  Miss that guy.  I hope we never lose to him though.  I hope he never touches DC or any other QB we have.  Still my favorite though.

I'd welcome him back if the opportunity comes a knocking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No overrated. He's great don't get me wrong but he's not worth anything near 20+ million.

Yeah.... totally agree with you!

Mack signed for 6y, 141M which is 23.5M per year.  Chicago structures the deal to have low cap hits the first two years (13.8 and 11.9) and now they’ve got cap hits of 26.6 (2020 season) 26.65, 27.15, 25.5 left. Even with the cap going up Those are some massive cap hits.

Meanwhile, Jacobs only costs us 2.7, 3.2, 3.8, (option: $6-7M estimated) and Annette only costs us 2.4, 3.1, 3.7, 4.3 and has a 5th year option which is estimated at 11-12M.

Season Mack Difference (=) Jacobs+Arnette Jacobs Arnette
21 26.6 21.5 5.1 2.7 2.4
22 26.65 20.35 6.3 3.2 3.1
23 27.15 19.65 7.5 3.8 3.7
24 25.5 14.3 11.2 7 4.2
          Option

I’m very happy with Jacobs+Arnette plus 21.5-19.65M the next 3 years then 14.3M in ‘24 rather than Mack.

That 20M could get you a LOT in FA!

Also, the cap might not being going up in ‘21 and if the cap shrinks due to Covid related loss of income then Mack’s cap number of 26.65 in ‘21 is crippling to the cap and they can’t release him without having a dead cap amount higher than if they kept him.... although they could trade him and have a about half his cap cost given the fact that a team trading for him would only have salaries of 17,12,17M.... but they won’t get much for him.

If Mack was magically cut today and a FA I’d definitely take him back for 18M’ish per year.  I say that because I think his impact would be more than the impact we spent on Nassib and Tyrell Williams, who cost the same amount of money together.  But I wouldn’t spend $20M or more.  Once you start hitting those level of cap hits the contributions:cap ratio isn’t in the teams favor.

not to mention he always had his chance to get paid right and he a raider for life and he showed his disloyalty.  I’m in no way begging to get him back.

Edited by jimkelly02