The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I am so excited that our WRs have the ability to take one to the house at any time now. That's going to be very big for Carr and co.

Our WR core is so so versatile now. You can put a lot of these guys in a lot of different packages. I really like Renfrow but I mostly wanna see:

Shotgun Formation 3 WRs 2 RBs 1 TE:

RB’s: Lynn Bowden - Jalen Richard (eventually Jacobs)

Outside WR’s: Henry Ruggs III - Bryan Edwards

Slot WR: Tyrell Williams

TE: Darren Waller

Good luck stoppin this boys!!!!

I think Bowden is primarily a slot WR but I love him in Shotgun 2 RB sets. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Carr needs to ball out, I love how we built around him. We have an OL, run game, and a bunch of playmakers out wide. It’s now or never. 

I dont think he needs to even ball out. He's not that upper tier elite guy in 2016 but he doesnt need to be for this team to be successful. I just watched Tannehill get to the afc championship and he's not that much better then Carr.

Our foundation is very solid. We have a top 7 RB in his prime in Jacobs. We have a top 5 oline. One of the best receiving TEs. Added speed and versatility at WRs in the draft. Carr just needs to play within the offense and actual show up against good teams.

7 playoff spots open this year. I think we should be able to get one.

• Like 1

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

I dont think he needs to even ball out. He's not that upper tier elite guy in 2016 but he doesnt need to be for this team to be successful. I just watched Tannehill get to the afc championship and he's not that much better then Carr.

Our foundation is very solid. We have a top 7 RB in his prime in Jacobs. We have a top 5 oline. One of the best receiving TEs. Added speed and versatility at WRs in the draft. Carr just needs to play within the offense and actual show up against good teams.

7 playoff spots open this year. I think we should be able to get one.

Yeah I think we just have to win, I don't care about stats. We did add a lot of weapons but those guys are going to have a steep learning curve, especially with the lack of OTA's etc. 

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I am so excited that our WRs have the ability to take one to the house at any time now. That's going to be very big for Carr and co.

Yup. We only had 7 TD's last season of 20+ yards. Bowden/Ruggs/Edwards combined for 17 last year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Our WR core is so so versatile now. You can put a lot of these guys in a lot of different packages. I really like Renfrow but I mostly wanna see:

Shotgun Formation 3 WRs 2 RBs 1 TE:

RB’s: Lynn Bowden - Jalen Richard (eventually Jacobs)

Outside WR’s: Henry Ruggs III - Bryan Edwards

Slot WR: Tyrell Williams

TE: Darren Waller

Good luck stoppin this boys!!!!

I think Bowden is primarily a slot WR but I love him in Shotgun 2 RB sets. 

I'll be honest. I havent seen nothing this creative from Gruden playbooks in a while if ever. We will see I guess. Maybe more talent he brings more spice. I still think we going to see plenty of two tightend sets I formations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Yeah and you ignored mine. Every time someone disagrees with you, you always make it personal, always. 

When you wake up and have 38 notifications on average, and 18 of them are the same guy trolling you, with stuff like 9 quotes of me saying the same thing in 2 days, it’s a little hard not to take it personal/think the other person has an obsession issue. 

I’m going back to thread man. My inbox is always open if you have concerns. And I mean that in no bad way. I’m a very reasonable dude. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah I think we just have to win, I don't care about stats. We did add a lot of weapons but those guys are going to have a steep learning curve, especially with the lack of OTA's etc. 

True. That is where Carr being in his 3rd year in this system will help.

Looking around the rest of the AFC, i think Carr is one of like 7 QBs who will have run the same system 3 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

True. That is where Carr being in his 3rd year in this system will help.

Looking around the rest of the AFC, i think Carr is one of like 7 QBs who will have run the same system 3 years.

The AFC West has the potential to be so tough this year depending on Lock's second year development and the Chargers QB situation. 

• Like 1

I know that the hatters will not like this. Carr is our qb. No I do not live with blinders on . We had a good draft that will help the teams offense and give us options. Pending on what happens with the virus and how much of a training camp we have. Wr and qb need practice to get timing right. But I will say that Evan if they have only 2 weeks to get ready our offense will be much better then last year. We have the weapons so carr should be much better. If for some reason he can’t deliver then yes he should be replaced. But if we struggle the first 2-3 games but continue to get better then let’s be patient as long as we continue to improve.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

When you wake up and have 38 notifications on average, and 18 of them are the same guy trolling you, with stuff like 9 quotes of me saying the same thing in 2 days, it’s a little hard not to take it personal/think the other person has an obsession issue. 

I’m going back to thread man. My inbox is always open if you have concerns. And I mean that in no bad way. I’m a very reasonable dude. 

Nah I’ve no need for that, already figured you out. 

• Like 2