The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Recency bias. You really want the last thing people seeing as the pittsburgh game? Good luck getting any value then.

Wentz was terrible during his final season in Philadelphia and the Eagles still managed to get a conditional pick that eventually became a 1st.

Despite his struggles he's still going to finish with around 4,000 yards / 28 TD. 

Edited by NYRaider

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

total fleece job, too lol

Wentz was significantly worse in his final season with Philadelphia than Carr has been this year. Maybe we can draft my boy SR though, if he leads us to a losing record or leads the league in interceptions it will just be on par with what Carr is doing this year anyways. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wentz was significantly worse in his final season with Philadelphia than Carr has been this year. Maybe we can draft my boy SR though, if he leads us to a losing record or leads the league in interceptions it will just be on par with what Carr is doing this year anyways. 

I've been more than willing to trade Carr. 

Hope Zeigler can actually draft QBs though, because if McDaniels get's the control.....lord knows what we'll wind up with. 

45 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I've been more than willing to trade Carr. 

Hope Zeigler can actually draft QBs though, because if McDaniels get's the control.....lord knows what we'll wind up with. 

Mac Jones played well and led the Pats to the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

No, it's not a slight drop but it doesn't guarantee anything though. A lot of people in here seem to have this notion that there's some promise you're going to get a surefire bet at a Pro Bowl player based on where you pick. I'd like to see the numbers of success rates from picks 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 etc. I'd be willing to bet it's negligible 

I don't think people assume it's a surefire bet with our draft history... An earlier pick just means they have more options and can potentially pick a player they have rated higher on their board. If one win takes them from their no.2 QB to their no.3 QB then that's potentially a big deal

10 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You seen Brady playing on a better team this year?

I’m not sure what you mean by this.

The Buccaneers have been a mess this year, not too dissimilar to the Raiders, and Brady has clearly finally started to regress. That said, even a reduced-ability Tom Brady isn’t particularly worse than Carr at this point, he still has that elite mentality (which Carr doesn’t).

We obviously have to explore the options, but right now if you told me the choice was Brady over Carr next season I’d be fine with it as a stopgap.

On 12/26/2022 at 12:28 AM, raidr4life said:

Carr has had the benefit of being the starter for 9 years when people say he has all the Raider record, but Gannons numbers decimate Carr if you estimate them over a 9 year period.

I love Gannon, same as most here but I don’t think it’s apples to apples comparing the teams they played on. I mean Gannon had two Hall of Fame receivers, great OLine, good running game and a tough defence to fall back on. Obviously Gannon is better than Carr no question at all but some of those recent teams were absolute garbage to be fair.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

My point is they are both better than Carr by several orders of magnitude. Are you saying you would take Carr over them? 

I would take literally anyone over Watson. I’d take Russell Wilson over him. Hope someone breaks both his legs to be honest, he’s a criminal who should be in jail. Teams should put a bounty on his head.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I would take literally anyone over Watson. I’d take Russell Wilson over him. Hope someone breaks both his legs to be honest, he’s a criminal who should be in jail. Teams should put a bounty on his head.

This.....total POS! Besides mark would never sign off on this, can you imagine that dumb*ss in LV? No thanks, I’d rather tank, eat my boxers, swallow ground glass.....I personally am on record for giving “the stache” a shot and finding a QB in the draft either this year or next. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

It would be a lot funnier if I were endlessly kissing Carr's *** the way you do Graham's. Too bad I've never hesitated to call him out for having a crap game. Good try though, I guess? 

I can take or leave Graham. But I'm not going to judge a coach when they have no talent, depth and have dealt with injuries to coach. And the defense has progressed the back half of the season with lesser talents being thrust into starting roles.