The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So basically the raiders are ruining carr?

It’s not gruden carr sucked in the redzone before gruden even returned. Even 2016 the “magic year” carr sucked in the redzone with musgrave who I know gets so much respect around here. Crazy ya boy crab legs Winston and noodle armed Marriott did better redzone #’s in 2016 than carr. 

carr throws 1/3 of his redzone passes away that’s not what mambas do. Plus all it does is put more pressure on him to complete the other passes. 

The Raiders have been and are an embarrassment of an organization for over 20 years. 

Once again Vegas odds makers have us at +340 to make the playoffs only ahead of the Lions, Texans, Jets and Bengals.  We are still an embarrassment of a team that lacks talent and depth.  We are a joke of a team yet fans like you think this is a playoff roster being held back by Carr.  I seriously couldn't make this trash up if I tried lol 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The Raiders have been and are an embarrassment of an organization for over 20 years. 

Once again Vegas odds makers have us at +340 to make the playoffs only ahead of the Lions, Texans, Jets and Bengals.  We are still an embarrassment of a team that lacks talent and depth.  We are a joke of a team yet fans like you think this is a playoff roster being held back by Carr.  I seriously couldn't make this trash up if I tried lol 

Most agree, we have the 3rd or 4th worst roster in our division if you take out QB from the discussion. 
Most agree KC is the best team in the AFC, which makes it tougher for us to win a division. 

When you have the worst roster of the 4, and the best team in the league is in your division, you have a much worse shot at making the playoffs. 

-

Some people only judge QBs on Wins / losses, and playoff appearances.

Clearly there is more to it, but some people choose to blame 1 person instead of realize our roster isnt that great. (Although I do think it is slowly getting better!) 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol look at 2016 Tampa bay roster literally all crab legs Winston had was mike Evans lol 

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At this stage of their career they’re very similar quarterbacks. All in that 10-15 range, not super mobile but capable of throwing down field with accuracy and playing in shootouts. It’s not a perfect comparison,  but I’m fine with it.

They are not. Matt Ryan had the worst OC in the league past two seasons. Watch him put up 2018 numbers again. He’s a much better QB than Carr will ever be.

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

They are not. Matt Ryan had the worst OC in the league past two seasons. Watch him put up 2018 numbers again. He’s a much better QB than Carr will ever be.

If you say so.

I'm not the stat king, but they have a career passer rating that is 2.5 apart. Much better is hyperbolic to say the least.

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you say so.

I'm not the stat king, but they have a career passer rating that is 2.5 apart. Much better is hyperbolic to say the least.

Roddy White, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley each overlapped the other...

Tony Gonzalez, Hayden Hurst, Kyle Pitts (hasn't played a down to be fair) 

Prime Michael Turner, Todd Gurley, Tevin Coleman, idk I'm sure I'm missing someone.  

He's been surrounded by talent since the jump.  

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Roddy White, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley each overlapped the other...

Tony Gonzalez, Hayden Hurst, Kyle Pitts (hasn't played a down to be fair) 

Prime Michael Turner, Todd Gurley, Tevin Coleman, idk I'm sure I'm missing someone.  

He's been surrounded by talent since the jump.  

Exactly.  Just saying Ryan is a better Qb than Carr because cherry picked stats from a few season without giving context of surrounding talent is as foolish as saying Tua was an "elite", "generational talent" who one had ranked ahead of Chase Young coming out of college.  

Putting an emphasis on O coordinators and not mentioning surrounding talent is absurd. Give Matt Ryan our terrible D and these trash weapons and he plays worse than Carr.

Our WR's and RB's over Carr's career:

2014: Jones, Streater, Moore, Little, Holmes, Criner RB: MJD and Mcfadden

2015: Holmes, Streater, Jones, Butler, Tompkins, Roberts RB: Murray and MJD

2016: Cooper, Crabtree, Roberts, Holmes, Holton RB: Murry and T. Jones

2017:  Cooper, Crabtree, Holton, Paterson, Roberts RB:  Lynch and Washington

2018:Jordy Nelson, Ateman, Holton, Hatcher, Roberts RB:  Lynch and Martin

2019: JJ Nelson, Harris, Renfrow, Grant, Ateman RB: Jacobs and Richard

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Better than carr in the redzone in 2016

DHB had more receiving yards than Julio Jones in 2011.  With your logic does that make him a better player?  I can't believe some of the logic people us to try to prove worthless, flawed points.  

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

DHB had more receiving yards than Julio Jones in 2011.  With your logic does that make him a better player?  I can't believe some of the logic people us to try to prove worthless, flawed points.  

Come on wrs and qbs are 2 diff animals at least find a qb to compare. Anyways Ya boy crab legs was also better than carr in the redzone in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and 2019

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Come on wrs and qbs are 2 diff animals at least find a qb to compare. Anyways Ya boy crab legs was also better than carr in the redzone in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and 2019

Blake Bortles was better in the RZ than Drew Brees in 2017.  Once again I have zero clue what your point is.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Blake Bortles was better in the RZ than Drew Brees in 2017.  Once again I have zero clue what your point is.  

4 years tho man. 1 year meh ok even a dead clock is right twice a day. 2 meh ok but 3 and 4 years that’s pretty convincing. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Carr beat Winston in 2016. 
Wins losses are all on the QB

Carr therefore was the better QB in 2016?

Nobody beat anybody in that game.  That is probably the single worst and at the same time entertaining game I have ever seen.  Both teams tried to give it away on multiple occasions.  Stat wise it looked like we should have won by 3 scores but it was a garbage game.  The game did not end until the 5th possession in OT. We should of punted but got lucky when the TB D quit and gave up a 41 yard TD on 4th and 3.  That year almost everything went our way until Carr's ankle.

• Like 1