Donovan Peoples-Jones

candyman93

I take it as a dig at Michigan. That with how talented DPJ is, he should have been developed into a top10 guy. When, if he had hartline coaching him these past two years and the QB play from Haskin and fields. He would have been a top10 pick or at least a top tier WR

Edited by buno67
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

I take it as a dig at Michigan. That with how talented DPJ is, he should have been developed into a top10 guy. When, if he had hartline coaching him these past two years and the QB play from Haskin and fields. He would have been a top10 pick or at least a top tier WR

Just give him the randy moss first year tree run down the field and throw it up high.

3 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

If he had a real coach and real QB in college he would have been drafted much higher. 

What are we missing that every NFL team seemed to see though?

I mean, certainly they realize Michigan didn’t have a great QB.

Just an interesting situation all around.  Can’t figure out at all why a guy with his talent lasted as long as he did.

37 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

If he had a real coach and real QB in college he would have been drafted much higher. 

I was talking to a buddy who is a huge Michigan fan yesterday.  He said the same thing. 

I disagree a bit though. He never stepped up his game from his freshman year to his junior year.  All American players improve every year and he had other WR on the field who also drew attention so he wasn’t the only person teams game planned around. He had a decent QB, Shea wasn’t great but he was better than your average CFB QB.  He threw for over 3k yards last year, so DPJ should have shown out more IMO.  Plus his physical talent should be enough for him to have more than 40 catches a year.  

I’m not mad about the pick and I’m also not saying he can’t become a good player. He needs to improve a lot in his game though. Which is why he fell to the 6th round. Hopefully he can be a good returner early. That will keep him on the team so he has time to improve and work with Landry and OBJ which I think if he can become competitive with them it will elevate his game.

DPJ has shown he can make contested, tough catches.

He’s a guy that doesn’t have to be “open” to be open.

I fully expect baker to be able to both throw him open (Shea wasn’t good enough to do that regularly) as well as lay some out there when he has a favorable matchup and expect him to make the play.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, buno67 said:

Urban is a freaking SURGEON when it comes to besting those dolts up north. They still don't have a clue that he has already put the knife in, twisted it, and removed it.........

He is the ultimate Wolverine slayer and there may never be another one like him.

Now back to DPJ..........

I have zero problem with him on the Browns because of where he went to college. If this sounds like I am backtracking my statements of yesterday, so be it. Maybe I am. My problem with him is that he came to Ann Arbor so highly touted - and never delivered on that promise to the level of its hype. Part of that is certainly on Harbaugh , part is on Gattis, part is on Patterson - but it is also on DPJ.

That being said -

It is very difficult to live up to the hype in the NFL after failing to do so at the college level. DPJ certainly passes the NFL eyeball test. He has prototypical NFL WR size and speed. He will benefit greatly from being on the field simultaneously with Juice and Odell. If he accepts the coaching of Chad O'Shea and Alex Van Pelt, chances are good that he will be an asset to the Browns and finally live up to his hype.

The opportunity has been granted - the ball is in your court Donovan.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What are we missing that every NFL team seemed to see though?

I mean, certainly they realize Michigan didn’t have a great QB.

Just an interesting situation all around.  Can’t figure out at all why a guy with his talent lasted as long as he did.

I think a lot of teams may have been turned off by his personality. I get the impression that he believes that his college career being underwhelming all the fault of his college coaching staff and QB. I could be wrong but he seems to lack some personal accountability.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I think a lot of teams may have been turned off by his personality. I get the impression that he believes that his college career being underwhelming all the fault of his college coaching staff and QB. I could be wrong but he seems to lack some personal accountability.

He would not be the first 18 year old former high school superstar athlete who felt his s##t didn't stink............

• Like 2