UDFA mega thread

Forge

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He should have gotten drafted by the end of Round 5.

I don't get it with Bachie. Production + experience + film + good testing. Only things I can think of are medical or PEDs.

I agree, he had 274 tackles, 26 TFLs, 7 sacks, 5 INTs, 11 pass deflections, 4 forced fumbles in three seasons as a starter.  Ran a 4.67 40, 26 reps at 225.  All seems good, like you said PED stuff late last year is the only thing that comes to mind.  Kid balled out more than once and looks like a fine run and hit linebacker.  Was probably the most surprisingly player to not be drafted.

David Woodward is another, maybe it was his injury but was on a tear before that this past season as a tackler.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Louisiana Tech QB J’Mar Smith

Auburn WR Will Hastings

William & Mary DT Bill Murray

Mississippi State WR Isaiah Zuber

Washington DB Myles Bryant

Arizona RB J.J. Taylor

Arkansas LB De’Jon Harris

Ohio State TE Rashod Berry

Syracuse WR Sean Riley

Auburn DL Nick Coe

Louisiana Tech DT Courtney Wallace Jr.

Yeah that's right, we got Bill Murray.

Murray beefed up

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Louisiana Tech QB J’Mar Smith

Auburn WR Will Hastings

William & Mary DT Bill Murray

Mississippi State WR Isaiah Zuber

Washington DB Myles Bryant

Arizona RB J.J. Taylor

Arkansas LB De’Jon Harris

Ohio State TE Rashod Berry

Syracuse WR Sean Riley

Auburn DL Nick Coe

Louisiana Tech DT Courtney Wallace Jr.

Yeah that's right, we got Bill Murray.

J'Mar Smith doesn't look that impressive going by highlights. Idk why Bill would sign him other than to motivate Stidham

16 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I think they got three legit, long term starters in Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley.  And Kindley might end up being the best of them all.

As a Dolphins fan I appreciated that they continued to draft linemen of all varieties, instead of thinking they needed to get cute with a wide receiver or running back. 

I say all varieties because Raekwon Davis looks the part but doesn't always produce, while Curtis Weaver doesn't look the part but does produce. It was an intriguing mixture instead of forcing everything into one mold.

Kindley is like the opposite of Dallas Thomas. No matter how bad and out of shape Kindley might me, or the less than ideal lower body agility, he's not going to be a run and chase turnstile like Dallas Thomas. Even if Kindley misses the block there's still no guarantee you'll get around him. Not in time, anyway.

Every time I see an offensive lineman #66 I think of Larry Little when I was a young kid. That guy could round the corner and take out one defender after another while remaining on his feet. There's a famous Super Bowl clip of Little running 30 yards downfield alongside Larry Csonka. Kindley is #66 but even if he loses the weight and reshapes his body I have my doubts if he is coordinated enough to be special. I'll be happy to be wrong about that. 

5 hours ago, Drained said:

J'Mar Smith doesn't look that impressive going by highlights. Idk why Bill would sign him other than to motivate Stidham

What highlight?  The one against LSU he was very impressive if watch closely.  He had no help and his teammates  were intimated.  Watch his poise and reads, he's right on point.