Total Take

Starchisaga

So for years and years the knock on the Packers offense has been that they're a finesse unit, and when you disrupt that then there's not a lot they can do to pivot.  I think that this draft is decidedly a philosophical statement that rather than "get better at finesse passing"  (which is what everyone expected) they're going to try to be better at physical, in your face football.

If you're going to line up in 12 personnel, and throw the ball to TEs a lot, you don't need many WRs.

• Like 5

D. Even if you want to factor in the obvious shift in offensive philosophy, we drafted, maybe 30 offensive snaps per game? 0 on defense. Not that rookie snaps are necessarily great but this class is going to give minimal to no contribution this year. 

Im aware of the OL that need replaced in the next 1-2 years, but we got not help for Clark, no Tramon replacement, not even a flyer on a WR to try to push Kumerow or MVS. Maybe they have high hopes for ESB. 

To only have this to look forward to for the last 2 months and nothing for the foreseeable future, this was an incredible let down 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

So for years and years the knock on the Packers offense has been that they're a finesse unit, and when you disrupt that then there's not a lot they can do to pivot.  I think that this draft is decidedly a philosophical statement that rather than "get better at finesse passing"  (which is what everyone expected) they're going to try to be better at physical, in your face football.

If you're going to line up in 12 personnel, and throw the ball to TEs a lot, you don't need many WRs.

Weird that both the offenses we are "modeled" after, the Rams and 49ers, seem to be pretty aggressive in finding WRs for their offense 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Weird that both the offenses we are "modeled" after, the Rams and 49ers, seem to be pretty aggressive in finding WRs for their offense 

That's probably step 2 after laying the foundation pieces for how you want to play football.  Plus, I mean neither of those teams have a WR as good as Adams.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

That's probably step 2 after laying the foundation pieces for how you want to play football.

Definitely not arguing.... just find it hilarious that laying the foundation translates to what we did in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

• Like 1

You see, here's my thing. I like the players but the timing of it makes no sense. I truly and honestly believe the Packers are planning on there not being a 2020 Football season. Which would make sense because the CDC has came out and said the 1st wave of COVID was at the tail end of flu season and we can expect the 2nd wave to be far worse than the 1st one. If that's the case, there certainly will not be a 2020 season of football and this draft ended up making sense.

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

You see, here's my thing. I like the players but the timing of it makes no sense. I truly and honestly believe the Packers are planning on there not being a 2020 Football season. Which would make sense because the CDC has came out and said the 1st wave of COVID was at the tail end of flu season and we can expect the 2nd wave to be far worse than the 1st one. If that's the case, there certainly will not be a 2020 season of football and this draft ended up making sense.

Ha just saw this after my post