2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

Pretty sure that no matter who wins the NY Cincy game that we leapfrog the winner in draft order. We'd be tied with Cincy at 3-7-1 and they likely have a stronger SOS based on the division they play in.

Now lets hope for upset wins by Atlanta and the Chargers.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Pretty sure that no matter who wins the NY Cincy game that we leapfrog the winner in draft order. We'd be tied with Cincy at 3-7-1 and they likely have a stronger SOS based on the division they play in.

Now lets hope for upset wins by Atlanta and the Chargers.

If we want any shot at Sewell we need a bengals win. 

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Would obviously love that. 

A couple of other obvious choices I would love would be Sewell and Parsons.

As far as Parsons goes I know LBs are devalued in the NFL today. Probably only second most devalued after RB which is an obvious first. I wouldn't mind it at all for someone as talented as Parsons, even though its not the best use of resources in the top 10, because we have just been so devoid of LB talent for the majority of my fandom. If we are drafting a stud player at LB that high, then we are likely gonna keep him in midnight green for his entire career or at least the majority of it. He also has the type of athleticism that he can probably be good well into his 30s.

Sewell is one of the best tackle prospects in the last decade and is young as hell. Just to put it in perspective for you guys... he just turned 20 in October and therefore will be just 20.5 when the draft rolls around and won't be turning 21 until just the day (Saturday) before week 6!!! That is amazing. Yes, we just took Dillard and Mailata for his first regular season starting experience has shown good things, but both are far from being sure things at LT. We have two tackles right now that are seemingly always injured. I know Peters will be gone after this year, but I also worry about Lane and his ankle. He's had surgery and it seems to still be giving him problems. I hope its not something that he'll always have to deal with, but he already turned 30 this spring and is no spring chicken. Get it? lol. We need to start thinking about his replacement too.

Yeah Parsons can be a special talent at LB, his ability to play all the LB spots + rush the pass + cover makes him worth the investment.
A good DC would be able to do a lot with him. 

Sewell will probably be gone, but I can't fault anyone for taking him. Especially with the question mark that is Dillard.
If they took him, plant him at LT for 14+ years. see if Mailata can play guard. Dillard can fight for a spot.

I wonder how the edges shake out by the time of the draft.

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

TDN is updated.

First one I did I traded down to 16 and ended up with Devonta Smith, Jalen Mayfield and Asante Samuel Jr in the first two rounds. 

Much more fun than picking at 19. 

I did one I got Chase, Campbell and Chazz Surratt in the first 3 rounds. That made me feel sexy all over 

Man we love the draft around here. We need impact at LB. Parsons is my dream scenario in round 1 or whoever may be the consensus top LB. There's enough to work with at WR with Fulgham, Reagor, Ward, and Hightower moving forward. Still gotta see what Quez can do too. Our offensive weaponry is good in my opinion. Just can't use it. There's some life there. So I'm pretty firmly against WR in round 1. We need a safety and a corner in rounds 2 and 3. Jalen Mills can't start at safety past this year and Maddox can't start outside at CB past this year. They are both bigger liabilities than any of the WR. Receiver can be round 4 for me. Should be defense first few rounds.

6 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I saw someone respond in a twitter thread and then heard it get brought up on BGNs podcast this week.

Say the eagles lose out and end up picking 4th.

Picks 1-3 are Lawrence, Fields and Sewell.

Does a new coach gm combo think about taking Wilson or Lance there?

It’s possible for sure and I couldn’t blame them with how Wentz has played and Hurts is an unknown. If we really draft one of them we can point out how we want to be a QB factory (again). 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

TDN is updated.

The higher-ups at TDN must have felt bad for Solak and granted his request, because I don’t think they usually update the draft order on a Thursday. I think it usually comes on a Tuesday once all the games are played, but Eagles fans couldn’t wait that long. We need the draft and new players like we need oxygen. Hope some of the rookies and young guys on the roster get ample playing time this last half of the season and if they don’t then we riot.