2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

46 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

How is Moerhig redundant with Abram? Moerhig has the ability to play single high FS. He would be a fine fit next to JA as a safety duo moving forward. I do believe he's a slight reach at 17 but not because he doesn't fit well with JA. 

I disagree that Moehrig fits as a single-high safety.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

He can play the single High my main issue with him is that he doesnt usually make the tackle In the open field.

I think making open tackles from a high safety position is hugely important for the role. Also, from the games I have watched, single high is a projection for Moehrig. He did not play single-high at TCU.

I view him as a split field safety.

• Like 1

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I think making open tackles from a high safety position is hugely important for the role. Also, from the games I have watched, single high is a projection for Moehrig. He did not play single-high at TCU.

I view him as a split field safety.

You're not wrong about the open tackling for sure. Like I said before I personally like Richy Grant better.

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I would love Paye and any of the LBs personally. Paye is a versatile pass rusher. He's going to make whomever drafts him extremely happy.

With Paye He doesn't have any sack production and therefore it's one of those things where it's more of a theory than an actual player

With the linebackers we I have too much money invested in the position and pass rush is the bigger problem

43 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

With Paye He doesn't have any sack production and therefore it's one of those things where it's more of a theory than an actual player

With the linebackers we I have too much money invested in the position and pass rush is the bigger problem

His sack production isn't great, but he got a ton of pressure and is very disruptive. That's much better than a guy who can't actually win against tackles but got a lot of cleanup/stunt sacks. If Paye was polished with production he'd go top 10 close to top 5. He could be a rotational pass rusher year 1 and then a full time starter moving forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

His sack production isn't great, but he got a ton of pressure and is very disruptive. That's much better than a guy who can't actually win against tackles but got a lot of cleanup/stunt sacks. If Paye was polished with production he'd go top 10 close to top 5. He could be a rotational pass rusher year 1 and then a full time starter moving forward.

The issue with him is he has all of the makings of somebody a year from now everyone's going to be complaining about saying that Mayock and Gruden don't know how to draft if we take him.

He's not the type of player that if you don't already have a really good pass rush you take him.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We should have a decent group of defensive prospects to pick from at #17. 

Kwity Paye | DL | Michigan

Jaycee Horn | CB | South Carolina

Christian Barmore | DT | Alabama

Trevon Moehrig | FS | TCU

Zaven Collins | LB | Tulsa

Azeez Ojulari | Edge | Georgia

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah | LB | Notre Dame

Caleb Farley | CB | Virginia Tech 

Greg Rousseau | Edge | Miami (FL)

Micah Parsons | LB | Penn State

If we go RT and skip on defense with out pathetic talent on that side of the ball. That might be it, I would give up on the Gruden MM era, just focus on Lakers, Dodgers for my sports fix. 

3 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

How is Moerhig redundant with Abram? Moerhig has the ability to play single high FS. He would be a fine fit next to JA as a safety duo moving forward. I do believe he's a slight reach at 17 but not because he doesn't fit well with JA. 

Moehrig at #17 has Grudock pick written all over it, especially if we miss on a safety in free agency. 

32 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The issue with him is he has all of the makings of somebody a year from now everyone's going to be complaining about saying that Mayock and Gruden don't know how to draft if we take him.

He's not the type of player that if you don't already have a really good pass rush you take him.

That's probably going to be the case with any pass rusher we get in the middle of the first round though. Guys that have the ability to make an instant impact rushing the passer usually go very early in the draft. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

College stats are pretty meaningless, a lot of the top pass rushers in the NFL didn't have great sack production in college. 

• Like 1

One of the players that intrigues me the most is Azeez Ojulari. Interested to see his measurable's and workout numbers at his pro day next week. It seems like the biggest question mark about him is if he's big enough to play edge full time and hold up in run support. He was listed at 6'3" 240 by UGA last year but Khalil Mack was only 6'3" 251 with 33" arms at the combine and is a great run defender. Plus he's only 20 years old so he has time to grow into his frame.