2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you take Basham what's the plan then? Start him and Ferrell as base ends and move them both inside on passing downs, while keeping our two best pass rushers in Crosby/Yannick off the field?

Now this is a very good question. I think Bassham can play inside or outside(But like actually; not just a projection that he can) So because of that I think he's one of those players that you can move him in different places depending on the Play, Situation, Or down. Member the idea and Gus Bradley's defense is have as many pass rushers as possible. Just A continuous rotation of pass rushers to keep everyone fresh with the obvious Crosby and Yannick playing most of the passing down snaps. And then because the five technique is a needed position in Gus Bradley Defense(Which they expect Ferrell to play), We also get a chance to find out if there's somebody that's actually better than ferrell for the position and Then if he doesn't show us anything next year we can just move on from him. That's my take.

9 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/report-raiders-digging-in-on-five-first-round-draft-prospects/

Parsons

Darrisaw

Vera-Tucker

Horn

And? Surtain? Farley? Moehrig?

People might not like it but I think Darrisaw is the pick (don’t see Parsons falling out of the Top 10, let alone falling to 17). He fits Cable’s blocking scheme perfectly, is a total technician, and has potential through the roof. 

To me, Teven Jenkins is a Boom or Bust guy. A lot of his tape, his technique can be pretty sloppy. 

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Parker and Good were forced into action because Trent didn't play. IIRC we had the highest paid offensive line in the league last season and if there's one thing that Gruden has shown it's that he loves OL. Which is why we took Miller in the 1st and gave Trent Brown a mega deal to play RT.

Wanna bet that the pick at 17 won’t be a OT? 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Who’s your choice? I really don’t think Mayock/Gruden are gonna risk another Safety in the 1st. I also don’t see an EDGE because they’ll give Ferrell another year starting opposite Yannick. I also think JOK is very overhyped and it won’t be him. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Who’s your choice? I really don’t think Mayock/Gruden are gonna risk another Safety in the 1st. I also don’t see an EDGE because they’ll give Ferrell another year starting opposite Yannick. I also think JOK is very overhyped and it won’t be him. 

I don’t think it’s gonna be a OT or safety. With the amount of bodies they signed I would have to rule out Barmore. Hard to put an EDGE in there cause of Yannick but if they move Ferrell inside I could see an EDGE. To me it comes down to CB or one of the LBs like Parsons or JOK. LB is not a top need but both of those guys are playmakers which is a need on defense. Both have the ability to get on the field in this defense. Parsons would be a great player to have on 3rd downs to rush the passer. Former DE turned LB. Bradley would be able to get a lot out of him in his first year then get ready to take over in his second year. JOK offers a lot as well as far as coverage which would make it easy for him to get on the field covering TEs. 

Started to ramble there so basically CB or one of the LBs(Parsons or JOK)

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I'd wager a significant amount that our 1st pick is an OT. Is RT a great value at #17, not really. But as it stands the only OT's we have under contract right now are Miller, Parker, Seymour, and Jones-Smith with Good being able to play OT in emergency situations. 

Gruden and Mayock are the same guys that just gave Trents Brown $66M to play RT. 

I don’t think it’s gonna be a OT or safety. With the amount of bodies they signed I would have to rule out Barmore. Hard to put an EDGE in there cause of Yannick but if they move Ferrell inside I could see an EDGE. To me it comes down to CB or one of the LBs like Parsons or JOK. LB is not a top need but both of those guys are playmakers which is a need on defense. Both have the ability to get on the field in this defense. Parsons would be a great player to have on 3rd downs to rush the passer. Former DE turned LB. Bradley would be able to get a lot out of him in his first year then get ready to take over in his second year. JOK offers a lot as well as far as coverage which would make it easy for him to get on the field covering TEs. 

Would love Parsons but think he's going Top 10. I think JOK has been overhyped all draft season. 

This 1st Round CB class is meh. The only one I like is Farley but his injury history is scary. Surtain is a very overhyped prospect and has Boom or Bust written all over him... and Horn is extremely grabby, I'd avoid Horn at all costs. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

People might not like it but I think Darrisaw is the pick (don’t see Parsons falling out of the Top 10, let alone falling to 17). He fits Cable’s blocking scheme perfectly, is a total technician, and has potential through the roof. 

To me, Teven Jenkins is a Boom or Bust guy. A lot of his tape, his technique can be pretty sloppy. 

I'm 100% for Darrisaw. I don't think he makes it to 17 though.

• Like 1

I could see Parsons being the pick if he falls but it's unlikely. I can't really see us taking JOK after we brought back Morrow and have Littleton on the roster. Littleton was one of the best coverage LB's in the league with the Rams and if Bradley is as great as everyone says he is, then he should be able to bounce back in a role that suits his strengths. 

CB is another spot I just can't really see us investing another early pick on. We have spent significant draft capital on the position the last two drafts and I think Arnette and Mullen both get a flier as starters this year. We could've/still could bring in a veteran like Sherman or Heyward. And we could've signed Quinton Dunbar or Troy Hill for the low and both are excellent scheme fits. 

Rookie CB's struggle the majority of the time. Okudah was terrible last season so why would it be reasonable to expect that another rookie CB could come in and thrive? 

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm 100% for Darrisaw. I don't think he makes it to 17 though.

I'd be all for Darrisaw. I think there's a pretty good chance he makes it to our pick. A solid 50-55% chance. I much prefer him over Teven Jenkins, who is total Boom or Bust, either will be a Top 15 OT or complete bust. People are just too in love with his RAW Power and Style that they aren't paying much attention to his technique. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd wager a significant amount that our 1st pick is an OT. Is RT a great value at #17, not really. But as it stands the only OT's we have under contract right now are Miller, Parker, Seymour, and Jones-Smith with Good being able to play OT in emergency situations. 

Gruden and Mayock are the same guys that just gave Trents Brown $66M to play RT. 

I wanted to do a sig bet but from what I can see don’t look like those are around anymore. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Would love Parsons but think he's going Top 10. I think JOK has been overhyped all draft season. 

This 1st Round CB class is meh. The only one I like is Farley but his injury history is scary. Surtain is a very overhyped prospect and has Boom or Bust written all over him... and Horn is extremely grabby, I'd avoid Horn at all costs. 

My thinking with Parsons is if he’s there at 12-14 you go up and get him. You have the capital to move up and from 17 to 12-14 wouldn’t cost you a lot. Think a player like him would be ideal for this team. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

My thinking with Parsons is if he’s there at 12-14 you go up and get him. You have the capital to move up and from 17 to 12-14 wouldn’t cost you a lot. Think a player like him would be ideal for this team. 

I like Parsons my only concern is how would we use him? Gus Bradley blitzes less than any DC in the league.