2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Parsons processing isn't very good and is getting overlooked.  His best suited in a system where he can be used in constant Blitz yet we won't be allowing him to do that.  He kind of reminds me of Darren Lee coming out. 

JOK has much better processing and can play in the nickle on early downs.  Reminds me of Myles Jack, who Gus Bradley drafted. 

The thing with Miles Jack though is that he’s about 20 pounds heavier than JOK allowing him to take on blocks. JOK is more like a Telvin Smith IMO.

“Kentucky’s Jamin Davis has been a riser throughout the draft process and turned some heads at his pro day. At 6’3 and 234lbs, Davis ran a 4.37 40-yard dash, jumped 42”, and had an 11” broad jump. That is a level of speed and explosiveness that will be elite the moment he steps on the field for any NFL team.”

When did he do that?

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Devin White is a perfect example of this, he was statistically the worst LB in coverage in the NFL last season, but Tampa used him as a blitzer frequently to take advantage of his strengths. He was sent on a blitz on 10% of his snaps and finished the season with 9 sacks, 15 TFL, and 16 QB hits.  

Exactly..... TJ Watt lead NFL in sacks and he had 439 pass rushes with 3.4% sack and 17.9% pressure.

Devin White had 104 rushes (16.8% of snaps) with 9.0 sacks (8.7% of rushes resulted in a sack) and 28 (25%) pressures.

For further comparison mmmAaron Donald in his best season 2018 was 3.9% sack and 16.6% sack.

I’m a big proponent of delayed LB blitzes if you want a fast LB.  Morrow is used as a MIKE in nickel/dime packages could easily get 6-7 sacks.  Just send him if the RB stays into block, over even better occasionally scheme it up so Abram picks up the RB and send Morrow on an inside delayed blitz.

Now if you got a guy like Parsons playing that same role you could easily get White’s production or better.  TB realized white was offering next to nothing in coverage so why not get pressured and sacks.  Smart decision.

12 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You should not talk about Carr. If it was up to you the Raiders would have trade Carr and 3 1st round draft picks for Watson, who probably will never play again.

I was against that hypothetical trade too, but that's a bit unfair. Nobody saw the off field issues coming other than something like him becoming a lockeroom diva if he's unhappy, which was my big red flag. 

There were plenty of reasons to be for or against that trade, but we should avoid the "i told you so's" in regards to Watson since it wasn't a factor even the biggest detractors could have imagined. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

“Kentucky’s Jamin Davis has been a riser throughout the draft process and turned some heads at his pro day. At 6’3 and 234lbs, Davis ran a 4.37 40-yard dash, jumped 42”, and had an 11” broad jump. That is a level of speed and explosiveness that will be elite the moment he steps on the field for any NFL team.”

When did he do that?

I really wouldn’t mind Jamin Davis in round 2 *IF* he’s there assuming we fill the holes at FS and RT before (draft or FA).

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I really wouldn’t mind Jamin Davis in round 2 *IF* he’s there assuming we fill the holes at FS and RT before (draft or FA).

I am getting interested in his nose tackle eating blocks in front of him to be honest, Quinton Bohanna. Really excited about him as a 6th or 7th round nose tackle, and I like him more than Terdarell Slaton from Florida that I see a lot of others put in similar range to us.

EDIT: the huge #95 if you watching Davis

Edited by Trojan

6 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

When did he do that?

I hadn't heard of Davis pre-draft season and then Daniel Jeremiah did a podcast where he spoke about how teams were super high on him and compared him to Darius Leonard. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I hadn't heard of Davis pre-draft season and then Daniel Jeremiah did a podcast where he spoke about how teams were super high on him and compared him to Darius Leonard. 

It's possible but my thing is we need an impact player on defense(Which is why I like Parsons) But we don't actually need a linebacker. So my question is is the guy an impact player

22 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It's possible but my thing is we need an impact player on defense(Which is why I like Parsons) But we don't actually need a linebacker. So my question is is the guy an impact player

Morrow and Kwit both played pretty well last season and Littleton is a guy that could bounce back. In terms of an impact defensive player I think we need another pass rusher, a shut down CB, or a very good safety. 

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I was against that hypothetical trade too, but that's a bit unfair. Nobody saw the off field issues coming other than something like him becoming a lockeroom diva if he's unhappy, which was my big red flag. 

There were plenty of reasons to be for or against that trade, but we should avoid the "i told you so's" in regards to Watson since it wasn't a factor even the biggest detractors could have imagined. 

Pre-legal issues there were like 10 teams trying to give up multiple 1st round picks for Watson. His current situation is unfortunate and killed his trade value/public image, but he's a top 5 QB. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Morrow and Kwit both played pretty well last season and Littleton is a guy that could bounce back. In terms of an impact defensive player I think we need another pass rusher, a shut down CB, or a very good safety. 

I agree about the linebackers

I don't think there's an impact player this year at safety(I think Grant and Cisco are the closest)

And if we're talking shut down corner the only one I would get in the first round is Patrick Surtain if he fell to us. 

In terms of pass rush the only Three guys I would get in the first round are Phillips, Basham or Barmore(if the think he can play NT)

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I agree about the linebackers

I don't think there's an impact player this year at safety(I think Grant and Cisco are the closest)

And if we're talking shut down corner the only one I would get in the first round is Patrick Surtain if he fell to us. 

In terms of pass rush the only Three guys I would get in the first round are Phillips, Basham or Barmore(if the think he can play NT)

It's also a pretty deep LB class and there will be guys available in round 2-4 that should become starters. 

I agree that we probably shouldn't go CB in the first round because Surtain will likely be gone and Farley's back injury is a major red flag. One sleeper CB that I've really liked for a while is Paulson Adebo. He's a big, tall, long, athletic WR/CB convert that had really good tape at times at Stanford. His skill-set is tailor made to be an outside CB in a cover 3 scheme. 

If we're going pass rush in the 1st round I'd prefer Jaelan Phillips, Azeez Ojulari, or Kwity Paye. I'd like Barmore at #48 if he's still on the board there.