2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Richie Grant fits the bill. 2nd/3rd round grade most places, will be a 24 year old rookie, and has average physical tools. 

I feel like it has to be Cisco in the third now. Some o lineman in the first(cough cough Tevin Jenkins)

I think the Raiders are targeting a right tackle if certain defensive players aren't available. I'm assuming Sewell and Slater will be gone. I would pick Paye, Horn, and Farley over any tackle at 17. I would pick Darrisaw next. This is how I have it at 17:

1. Paye
  2. Farley
  3. Horn
  4. Darrisaw
  5. Surtain
  6. Jenkins
  7. Cosmi
  8. Newsome
  9. Phillips
  10. Barmore

Although, I am not convinced that Gruden will green light another defensive back in the first two rounds. I recently switched Cosmi and Jenkins because even though Cosmi has a bit more upside, he is relatively short armed and I still like Jenkins' upside quite a bit.

17 - Teven Jenkins | OT | Oklahoma State

48 - Joe Tryon | Edge | Washington

79 - Elijah Molden | CB | Washington

80 - Andre Cisco | FS | Syracuse

121 - Dylan Moses | LB | Alabama

162 - Tedarrell Slaton | NT | Florida 

200 - Jamie Newman | QB | Georgia

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Isn’t Molden a projected nickel in the NFL at just 5’10”? 

Outside corner should be priority. Because when Arnette eventually gets moved to the nickel spot (which he will), it will make drafting a nickel corner a wasted pick. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This would be just lovely.

Is Elijah Molden a legacy as well?

Wasn't there a CB, Alex Molden? Saints maybe?

EDIT:  YEP

Edited by massraider

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Outside corner should be priority. Because when Arnette eventually gets moved to the nickel spot (which he will), it will make drafting a nickel corner a wasted pick. 

There's something in the wind about Gruden not wanting to take defensive backs early anymore. Another poster asked where I heard this--I think this is the article I first saw it. And I suppose it's mostly just the sentiment that I've been hearing from Gruden and Mayock during and after the season.

In total, the Raiders have used three picks in the first 40 picks the past two years on DBs as well as a couple of fourth-round picks. They haven’t seen a whole lot of improvement in the play of the secondary despite these picks, and, as GM Mike Mayock explained, that has to change right now if the Raiders are to have any chance.

“We’ve got a first-round safety in John Abram; we got a second-round corner who we think is going to be a very good football player. We’ve got a fourth-round corner in Amik Robertson, another first-round corner in Damon Arnette and we mentioned Trayvon Mullen in the second who we think is going to be a heck of a player,” said Mayock over video conference call Wednesday.

[...]

“So, really, what we need more than anything is for all those players to take it up a notch or two. I’m talking about commitment to the game, work ethic, perseverance, being in the locker room working with your brothers. All those things are critical. We’ve expended some draft capital on what we think are some very talented players, and now all of them need to take a collective step forward.”

There are some corners in the second that I like (Melifonwu, Campbell, Stokes), but I don't think that's where the team is going.

Edited by Rich7sena

13 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

He should have stayed home with his wife then. Mariota could have started. 

Yeah, it’s definitely not an excuse. 

What if it was the Super Bowl?

Sorry guys, wife was giving birth, was a bit distracted. Next year right? We got this. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Based on our approach to free agency it looks like Arnette is going to get a flier as a starting outside CB in year 2. 

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You're so negative against everything raiders related I can't take you serious.

He blamed Carr's fumbles on the fact that his wife was in labor but fumbles have been an issue with him his entire career. Does he have like 90 kids?