2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-reportedly-love-penn-state-linebacker-micah-parsons/

“That’s a linebacker out of Penn State who is an absolute beast. Now I think there are some defensive backs [the Raiders] really like and some offensive linemen. But I’m telling you, I keep hearing if Micah Parsons falls, nobody in the NFL believes he gets past the Raiders and the biggest question is if he falls that far.”

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr had a pretty good year, easily the second best year of his career (still think 2016 was better because he was very aggressive). The Atlanta game irritated me heavily because he reverted back to the things he did in 2017-2019 which was very conservative/take zero chances at all what so ever football. However, can't get mad at someone for one game outta 16. He's someone you can still win a Super Bowl with if the roster is fantastic. Example, 49ers in 2019, they probably win that Super Bowl if Carr is the QB. However, I still don't think he's a QB that carries a team, but those are rare to begin with. We just have to build a great roster, especially defense, and hope for the best. 

Now, I still look at Carr on a year by year basis as well. I wouldn't give him an extension currently, he'd have to absolutely tear 2021 apart and win the AFC West while doing so. But he's a solid QB that we should be able to have a Top 5-7 Offense with and make the playoffs with, which is a great thing. 

Also revolves around draft position. Carr did his job well enough that we aren't picking in the Top 10. He controlled his own fate and put us out of range of a QB Prospect. So, props to him on that. Because I do love the Top 4 QB Prospects in this draft quite a bit. However, I wouldn't replace Carr with Mac Jones or Kyle Trask in a million years. 

You gotta cut Carr some slack his wife was giving birth during the Atlanta game.

I'll call it right now Mac is a bust. 

I watched some Dayo Odeyingbo last night, and I don't think I've seen a player doubled so frequently off the edge this offseason. He moves really well for his size, and I like his sturdiness. Shame about his achilleas because I think he would of been a nice pick in the second round. I don't think the team has the appetite for injured players at the moment.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I watched some Dayo Odeyingbo last night, and I don't think I've seen a player doubled so frequently off the edge this offseason. He moves really well for his size, and I like his sturdiness. Shame about his achilleas because I think he would of been a nice pick in the second round. I don't think the team has the appetite for injured players at the moment.

Yeah I’m a big fan of Dayo. Think he’s a 2nd Round Prospect all day, but seems like most have a 3rd on him for whatever reason. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Yeah I’m a big fan of Dayo. Think he’s a 2nd Round Prospect all day, but seems like most have a 3rd on him for whatever reason. 

I think a recent major injury is enough to push him down a round or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 4th.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

There’s too many teams above the Raiders that wouldn’t allow him to make it to 17

I really wasn't a huge Parsons guy until @big_palooka kept bringing him up and I watched some more of him. If he's there at #17 you have to take him, unfortunately he probably will be gone by then. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I really wasn't a huge Parsons guy until @big_palooka kept bringing him up and I watched some more of him. If he's there at #17 you have to take him, unfortunately he probably will be gone by then. 

Yeah dude. He checks all the boxes for me talent wise. And with the way he tests he can get better at whatever he’s not already good at. I just wish he caught the ball better.

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pretty accurate tbh. Let’s start going through the projected 2nd Rounders, at a position of a need, with the best character, and we can probably find Mike and Jon’s first round pick. 

Richie Grant fits the bill. 2nd/3rd round grade most places, will be a 24 year old rookie, and has average physical tools.