2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I like Holland a decent amount but he’s not a definite single high fs.... he didn’t play enough deep S to really convince me he’d excel in that role.

Nor is he fast enough for that role either. I think Holland’s speed concerns are over exaggerated, and not a glaring issue, but if you want your Safety’s main trait to be Single High, Holland simply isn’t the pick you make. With that said, I’m sure Holland will be a fine Safety. 

And before someone quotes me with a 40 time.... Do. Not. Care. About. Any. Pro. Day. 40. Time. 

95% of prospects are running sub 4.5 which tells you right there Pro Day 40’s are complete garbage. 

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nor is he fast enough for that role either. I think Holland’s speed concerns are over exaggerated, and not a glaring issue, but if you want your Safety’s main trait to be Single High, Holland simply isn’t the pick you make. With that said, I’m sure Holland will be a fine Safety. 

And before someone quotes me with a 40 time.... Do. Not. Care. About. Any. Pro. Day. 40. Time. 

95% of prospects are running sub 4.5 which tells you right there Pro Day 40’s are complete garbage. 

I think he's fast enough. It's a subjective matter though. 

On another note- the number of guys breaking 4.4 or getting ridiculously close to it (4.41, 4.42, etc) says all that needs to be said about Pro Day #'s this year. I'm just waiting to hear about some 300+lb guy running a 4.55 lol

• Like 3

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Been fun the past week watching these 49ers fan pray and hope that its not Mac Jones at 3. Imagine trading all those draft picks for Mac Jones. Im a huge fan of Kyle, but that is im the smartest guy in the room type of move. 

God could you imagine being in that position? The sheer possibility would make me go bald from stress. 

Nothing against Mac, he could wind up being a gine QB. But with throwing passes to THOSE WRs and with THAT O-line, Jeff Tuel would've looked like a 1st rounder. 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

God could you imagine being in that position? The sheer possibility would make me go bald from stress. 

Nothing against Mac, he could wind up being a gine QB. But with throwing passes to THOSE WRs and with THAT O-line, Jeff Tuel would've looked like a 1st rounder. 

If they stayed still at their original draft position it wouldn't be so bad, but its the draft picks they gave up to get him that makes that pick so bad. I really hope he is the pick cause it would be nice to laugh at another teams pick for once, but feel like Kyle is not gonna do it. 

44 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

id be floored if the niners gave up that kind of draft capital for mac jones. i just dont see it. he's andy dalton.

That’s disrespectful to Prime Andy Dalton. Mac Jones is a slightly better version of Daniel Jones. I think Mac will stick around as a very low-level starter, while I see Daniel Jones as a third string QB once the Giants give up on him, which will probably be after this season if I’m a betting man. 

Them having the same last name is total coincidence. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The only problem is that this years safety class is pretty weak. After Moehrig and Grant are off the board there's a significant drop off and neither of those guys are elite prospects. Andre Cisco is a guy I'd love in the 3rd but he's also coming off of a torn ACL and has some things he has to clean up.

exactly the Safety and DT class is weak. Just Levi and Barmore really look legit as UT, but I bet they get they over drafted.  

Draft strong: QB, RB, WR, T, LB,  CB

meh: Edge/DE, IOL

Weak: DT, S

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Needing a quarterback is a desperate situation. One of the biggest reasons why I was never a fan of moving on from Carr

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

exactly the Safety and DT class is weak. Just Levi and Barmore really look legit as UT, but I bet they get they over drafted.  

I think Barmore goes in the late 1st round and Levi goes in the early to mid 2nd round. 

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

id be floored if the niners gave up that kind of draft capital for mac jones. i just dont see it. he's andy dalton.

A lot of smoke screens, I'd bet that it's Justin Fields or Trey Lance. I'd personally go with Fields if I'm San Francisco. 

I think people sleep on Mac Jones because he's not a flashy modern day QB. He's got some nice tools to work with. 

If Shanahan does draft him, it would certainly be crazy to see how it unfolds. 

Sidenote... glad the QB talk around the Raiders is at a dull roar this offseason. Watch one fall to Gruden at 17 lol

• Like 1