2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I wish this argument would die. He opted out, protected his body for the NFL. Not like he sat out with an injury. 

He's an absolute stud on the field. A year to focus on getting his body right for the NFL sure didn't change that. 

Would you not take Chase either? What about the other guys who opted out? I really home teams GMs share this same mindset so a star player falls in the draft.

All things being equal, I would rather draft a prospect that played in 2020 than not. Working out independently is not the same as playing. I don't know what Chase has to do with my point.

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think with Parsons, the talent is evident. I just think if you want a 1st round LB for Gus Bradley's defense, a guy who's a bonafide stud in coverage is a must. That's why I think JOK could fit, or even Jamin Davis on some level.

Plus LB is DEEP this year.

I think OT and free safety fall off after the first 2 rounds, but LB and DL look good at 79,80.

If you can come away with Teven Jenkins, Richie Grant (with a potential trade up using 80), Jabrill Cox/Cam McGrone at 79, you're looking pretty good.

Not agreeing with the hyperbole, but i'm telling you off the ball LB is deep.

What’s your thoughts on Pete Werner Ohio State, is he worth a look at around 3rd-4th round ? 

I dont hold anything against Parsons for taking 2020 off. His situation is totally different he had two years of production 2018 and 2019. I hate on Gregory Rousseau for taking 2020 off because he just had 2019 and bounced. He could have used those reps in 2020 to build himself up and refine his pass rushing in live games. A player that raw should have taken advantage of those reps, but he opted out.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Tape don't lie made a good point on the latest video and maybe Abram plays post safety.

Bradley likes tall and very long safeties to play in the box and Abram is small for that. Hamsah Nasirildeen could be perfect for that role. 

Saw that. I get their point but that scares the heck out of me.

15 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Saw that. I get their point but that scares the heck out of me.

They were showing Abram's range and coverage ability. I recommend that everyone watch it. He also made some bad mistakes (which I will be the first to admit), but I was shocked to see how much burst he had. The Tyreek hill pass breakup on all 22 was absolutely phenomenal.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

They were showing Abram's range and coverage ability. I recommend that everyone watch it. He also made some bad mistakes (which I will be the first to admit), but I was shocked to see how much burst he had. The Tyreek hill pass breakup on all 22 was absolutely phenomenal.

I watched it yesterday when it first came out. I know exactly what you’re talking about. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Tape don't lie made a good point on the latest video and maybe Abram plays post safety.

Bradley likes tall and very long safeties to play in the box and Abram is small for that. Hamsah Nasirildeen could be perfect for that role. 

Abram is plenty big and strong to play SS in Bradley's scheme. At MSU he handled TJ Hockenson at the line of scrimmage.

27 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us draft a CB at 17. Slide Arnette into the slot. Mayock has said we need playmakers at all 3 levels on defense. 

I saw a media mock yesterday with us selecting Tyson Campbell in the 1st...

Now, I really like Campbell, he’s in my Top 5 CB’s, and he’s a player I think actual football teams will be higher on than the media/fans. However, if we pick him at 17, yikes. 

• Like 1