2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

My thinking with Parsons is if he’s there at 12-14 you go up and get him. You have the capital to move up and from 17 to 12-14 wouldn’t cost you a lot. Think a player like him would be ideal for this team. 

When it comes to Parsons I'm not for or against moving up. But if he's there at 17 there better not be any scenario where they pass on him. I don't think you can say in a press conference that we don't have an Impact player at any level on defense and then pass on one in the draft. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I like Parsons my only concern is how would we use him? Gus Bradley blitzes less than any DC in the league. 

Think there is a lot of ways for Parsons to see the field. Especially in his first year. While Bradley doesn’t blitz Parsons still offers a lot of upside as a pass rusher. He has as once a DE so you would be able to stand him up on 3rd down and rush he does a good job in zone coverage. He not just a blitzing MLB. Think a guy like Bradley would get a lot of use out of Parsons. 

At Penn State he did line up at DE at times so it’s not out of this world idea. 

really think the ways they could use him is endless with his ability. 

I currently have Parsons going to the Broncos, but I think it's realistic to fall as far as 17. I don't love Parsons as a prospect. I get the appeal, but I've never been a fan of taking a linebacker in the 1st round, especially one that hasn't played in a year.

• Like 1

i wouldn't ever contemplate moving up for Parsons, but at 17 that would be pretty tough to pass up. if the fact that he sat out in 2020 is such a red flag, why dont people share those same concerns with Sewell, Slater, Chase, etc. people are actually high on Rousseau even though he is raw as hell AND opted out in 2020

i mean sure, i'd rather we saw him in 2020 so we could have more tape, but he was already dominant in 2019

Edited by Turnobili

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Think a guy like Bradley would get a lot of use out of Parsons. 

The only thing that concerns me about idea is that Bradley was the DC in Seattle when they took Aaron Curry #4 overall, who was a LB that was viewed as a can't miss player and he was horrible. 

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

yeah but theres a limit to how far he could possibly slip. who else would carolina take at #7 if Sewell was on the board?

Carolina picks 8th and depending on how the board falls I could see a team trading into Carolina's spot if one of the QB's is there. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Think there is a lot of ways for Parsons to see the field. Especially in his first year. While Bradley doesn’t blitz Parsons still offers a lot of upside as a pass rusher. He has as once a DE so you would be able to stand him up on 3rd down and rush he does a good job in zone coverage. He not just a blitzing MLB. Think a guy like Bradley would get a lot of use out of Parsons. 

At Penn State he did line up at DE at times so it’s not out of this world idea. 

really think the ways they could use him is endless with his ability. 

I have been speaking about Parson versatility for a couple weeks and pointed out the DE information but it just gets ignored.  I think we are at the point that most on here have zeroed in on the prospect they want at 17.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Personally I'd prefer to trade down and would've rather signed a stop gap RT in free agency so we could've had the freedom to go BPA. 

We could've signed Kelvin Beachum for 2 yr/$4M and Quinton Dunbar for 1 yr/$950k. 

I don't think it's a given that these guys would have just signed with us.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I currently have Parsons going to the Broncos, but I think it's realistic to fall as far as 17. I don't love Parsons as a prospect. I get the appeal, but I've never been a fan of taking a linebacker in the 1st round, especially one that hasn't played in a year.

I wish this argument would die. He opted out, protected his body for the NFL. Not like he sat out with an injury. 

He's an absolute stud on the field. A year to focus on getting his body right for the NFL sure didn't change that. 

Would you not take Chase either? What about the other guys who opted out? I really home teams GMs share this same mindset so a star player falls in the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Personally I'd prefer to trade down and would've rather signed a stop gap RT in free agency so we could've had the freedom to go BPA. 

We could've signed Kelvin Beachum for 2 yr/$4M and Quinton Dunbar for 1 yr/$950k. 

For the love of god, move on 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I wish this argument would die. He opted out, protected his body for the NFL. Not like he sat out with an injury. 

He's an absolute stud on the field. A year to focus on getting his body right for the NFL sure didn't change that. 

Would you not take Chase either? What about the other guys who opted out? I really home teams GMs share this same mindset so a star player falls in the draft.

I think with Parsons, the talent is evident. I just think if you want a 1st round LB for Gus Bradley's defense, a guy who's a bonafide stud in coverage is a must. That's why I think JOK could fit, or even Jamin Davis on some level.

Plus LB is DEEP this year.

I think OT and free safety fall off after the first 2 rounds, but LB and DL look good at 79,80.

If you can come away with Teven Jenkins, Richie Grant (with a potential trade up using 80), Jabrill Cox/Cam McGrone at 79, you're looking pretty good.

Not agreeing with the hyperbole, but i'm telling you off the ball LB is deep.