2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Love Vera-Tucker, although I just cannot justify spending a Mid 1st Round pick on a for sure guard at the next level. I do think he’s head and shoulders the best IOL in the draft though, and better than Ruiz last year as well. 

Edited by BayRaider

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Love Vera-Tucker, although I just cannot justify spending a Mid 1st Round pick on a for sure guard at the next level. I do think he’s head and shoulders the best IOL in the draft though, and better than Ruiz last year as well. 

The Colts drafted one in the top five a few years back. It worked out for them. But I 100% know what you mean. Guard is like the canon fodder position of the NFL

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The Colts drafted one in the top five a few years back. It worked out for them. But I 100% know what you mean. Guard is like the canon fodder position of the NFL

I’d be all for a SB Contender taking a guard in the 1st. We are definitely not a SB Contender though imo. Roster has a ton of holes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

While I think Lance is the pick too, I don't know how they'd be laughing stocks choosing Mac Jones. Kyle has earned the benefit of the doubt as a coach that he knows what QB fits him.

Shanahan's offense fits what he does well. He's accurate and smart in running an offense. Great in the short and intermediate game.

I think people laugh off Mac jones because he's not a flashy dual threat QB that are all the rage. I think he's surprise people if he goes to the 49ers in that offense. 

We've seen it time and time again, pocket passers taken early in the draft that bust. Goff, Wentz, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield (he's pretty good), and Tribusky all busted. While guys taken later with better physical tools/mobility have gone on to become better plays with guys like Dak, Allen, Jackson, Mahomes, and Watson. 

Has Shanhan really earned the benefit of the doubt? Not sure why he is viewed as some transcendent coach/QB guru. He's 29-35 as a head coach with 1 winning season in 4 years with the 49ers. And in 13 years as a HC/OC his offenses have ranked in the top 10 in scoring offense in 4/13 seasons and in the bottom half of the league in 9/13 seasons. 

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Taking a G round one when you have no star talent on your team would be the most Raider thing imaginable. 

Yeah I agree. If Vera Tucker can play right tackle and slide to guard when there are injuries I'd say it's fine. But purely as a guard it's not worth it.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I agree. If Vera Tucker can play right tackle and slide to guard when there are injuries I'd say it's fine. But purely as a guard it's not worth it.

He played well at LT last year at USC, scouts say he lacks the length to be a full time OT but his arms are like 1/3 an inch shorter than Jenkins. 

• Like 1