2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If you dont wanna watch he has us taking Wilson and Etienne

Teven Jenkins went 24, Darrisaw 25, Najee Harris to the Bucs.

If it falls that way I would probably go Jenkins at 23 personally. I think he's an All-Pro Guard or Pro Bowl Tackle.

Much rather Jenkins there. Been watching Landon Dickersons tape and if healthy I want him at #34.  

Dream scenario is Jenkins at 23. I assume AVT will be gone. But I think Jenkins might get to us.

I don't want to be dramatic about it bc Wilson at QB is what will have to right, for this franchise to change.

BUT... what we do around him is pretty much more important. I'll be beyond pissed off if we draft him and go defense with 23 and 34. Do we need CB help? Sure. But lets make our offense legit and put this kid in a good situation. Grabbing Zaven Collins as our 3rd best LB doesn't help Wilson. Grabbing Philips at edge to be a rotational DE for us doesn't help Wilson. CB is really the only position that we are more than likely getting a starter if we go that way at 23 and 34. And that's why I wont hate the pick if it's Newsome of Farley. But IMO OL and weapons still needs to be the focus early in this draft. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I've been wondering who would we pick if AVT & Jenkins were there at 23. It's unlikely, but it got me thinking. 

Jenkins for me. Bc he has the ability more so than AVT to move to RT after this year. AVT has OT experiience... but is best served at a OG. Jenkins can start at G but would probably move to RT after this season. He also is a bigger mauler than AVT. Which JD loves. Trust me, I'd still love AVT. So dont mistake that. But I'd rather Jenkins. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Dream scenario is Jenkins at 23. I assume AVT will be gone. But I think Jenkins might get to us.

I don't want to be dramatic about it bc Wilson at QB is what will have to right, for this franchise to change.

BUT... what we do around him is pretty much more important. I'll be beyond pissed off if we draft him and go defense with 23 and 34. Do we need CB help? Sure. But lets make our offense legit and put this kid in a good situation. Grabbing Zaven Collins as our 3rd best LB doesn't help Wilson. Grabbing Philips at edge to be a rotational DE for us doesn't help Wilson. CB is really the only position that we are more than likely getting a starter if we go that way at 23 and 34. And that's why I wont hate the pick if it's Newsome of Farley. But IMO OL and weapons still needs to be the focus early in this draft. 

Agreed x 1 million.

Seriously, if we went Wilson, Jenkins, Etienne/Moore, RB/deep threat, Tremble, another Guard then 4 guys on defense that's an A+ for me.  Making sure we surround Wilson with talent to maximize his potential.

EDIT- I am also confident that Saleh can find CBs, LBs and pass rushers later for his scheme.  I'm good with a 2nd round CB but we need to prioritize offense and our QB.

Edited by jetsfan4life51

Harris and/or Etienne will be there in the second round. Williams will be the first RB off the board to the steelers. I think Etienne might even fall in the third round. He has a lot of miles on him and RB tend to fall in the third round that should have been picked in the first round. 

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Harris and/or Etienne will be there in the second round. Williams will be the first RB off the board to the steelers. I think Etienne might even fall in the third round. He has a lot of miles on him and RB tend to fall in the third round that should have been picked in the first round. 

I am not so sure about that, both Harris & Etienne are outstanding pass receivers coming out of the backfield, that is something that we have been missing since LT was here. BUT i HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT.

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If you dont wanna watch he has us taking Wilson and Etienne

Teven Jenkins went 24, Darrisaw 25, Najee Harris to the Bucs.

If it falls that way I would probably go Jenkins at 23 personally. I think he's an All-Pro Guard or Pro Bowl Tackle.

Now I know DJ doesn't really know JD.  lol.   RB over Jenkins or Darrisaw is crazy.   Fake Sell for Jets, eh?

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Now I know DJ doesn't really know JD.  lol.   RB over Jenkins or Darrisaw is crazy.   Fake Sell for Jets, eh?

No clue honestly, especially with Jenkins on the board. I was gonna stop at 23 then I saw him pick Etienne and I’m like wait who’s still left. 

44 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think Etienne might even fall in the third round. He has a lot of miles on him

Actually he did not rush the ball as much as you might think. His highest rushing total was in 2019 with 207 attempts over 15 games. That is 13.8/game. Over his 4 years, he averaged 12.5 carriers per game. Lawrence was the focal point.

I still think he has the highest bust potential of all the highest graded RB draft prospects. If we go RB that high, give me Harris or Williams. I really thing Gainwell would be a great fit in this system. Sermon as well.