2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

13 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Lot of people completely overrating Trevor Lawrence. We have a QB. Just get this kid some help. If we waste this draft capital on another QB this franchise will never go anywhere. We will actually be looked at worse than the lions and browns.

This.

Sam will be fine. He'll continue to make progress.  I'm not sure how much progress he'll be able to make this season, but I think we have our guy. 

• Like 1

I expect us to continue the JD process. Go after edge rushers, OL and weapons for Sam. These 2 1st the next 2 years allow us to just speed up that process. What I will say is I will be shocked if we stay put with both these 1sts the next 2 years. I see us trading around up, down whatever.

• Like 1

We potentially there being no college football season... it wdoes change this next draft quite a bit. The pessimistic view of it is that the gage from a guy come draft day actual game tape will be from 17 months ago. A lot can change with a player in nearly a year and a half. The optimistic view of it is that there's more potential of getting steals in the draft. You can be drafting a guy in Round 2 that "could be" a top 10 pick if the season was played (Just an example). This is where we really have to trust our scouts and GM. And after this last draft I trust JD more than I have any GM of ours recently. And I trust him building this team the right way at the right positions. He has now created ammo for him to rebuild faster. 

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. No college action hurts if so.  A lot of prospects have shots to shoot up in the draft with this live season but now we the fans only know about 10 prospects that are worthy the pick for Jets.  No fun.

Really gotta trust the scouts this next draft if no season. I wonder how they'll alter the visits, pro days, etc. Bc you'd imagine they'll have to allow more opportunities to see these guys with no games pre draft. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Really gotta trust the scouts this next draft if no season. I wonder how they'll alter the visits, pro days, etc. Bc you'd imagine they'll have to allow more opportunities to see these guys with no games pre draft. 

I wonder too.  

Some top names at the positions I expect us to look into drafting in the 1st 3 rounds (5 picks as of now). In no particular order...

OL: Penei Sewell (Oregon), Wyatt Davis (Ohio State), Alex Leatherwood (Alabama), Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma), Samuel Cosmi (Texas), Trey Smith (Tennessee), Jalen Mayfield (Michigan), Jackson Carman (Clemson), Daniel Faalele (Minnesota), Josh Myers (Ohio State).

WR: Ja'Marr Chase (LSU), DeVonta Smith (Alabama), Jaylen Waddle (Alabama),  Rondale Moore (Purdue), Seth Williams (Auburn), Justyn Ross (Clemson), Rashod Bateman (Minnesota), Sage Surratt (Wake Forest), Terrace Marshall (LSU), Chris Olave (Ohio State), Aman-Ra St.Brown (USC), Tylan Wallace (Oklahoma State).

RB: Travis Etienne (Clemson), Zamir White (Georgia), Chuba Hubbard (Oklahoma State).

Edge: Gregory Rousseau (Miami), Hamilcar Rashed (Oregon State), Carlos Basham (Wake Forest), Aidan Hutchinson (Michigan), Jayson Oweh (Penn State), Quincy Roche (Temple), Kwity Paye (Michigan).

CB: Caleb Farley (Virginia Tech), Shaun Wade (Ohio State), Patrick Surtain II (Alabama), Asante Samuel Jr (Florida State), Tyson Campbell (Georgia), Paulsen Adebo (Stanford), Eric Stokes (Georgia), Marco Wilson (Florida), Israel Mukuamu (South Carolina).

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

WR: Ja'Marr Chase (LSU), DeVonta Smith (Alabama), Jaylen Waddle (Alabama),  Rondale Moore (Purdue), Seth Williams (Auburn), Justyn Ross (Clemson), Rashod Bateman (Minnesota), Sage Surratt (Wake Forest), Terrace Marshall (LSU), Chris Olave (Ohio State), Aman-Ra St.Brown (USC), Tylan Wallace (Oklahoma State).

I see Waddle's name mentioned a lot.  Based on his statistics, what does he do that would generate first round (or high first round) buzz?  I have not seen him play and I was hoping to see him this year.

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

I see Waddle's name mentioned a lot.  Based on his statistics, what does he do that would generate first round (or high first round) buzz?  I have not seen him play and I was hoping to see him this year.

He’s the most explosive WR Bama has had since Amari...maybe even Julio

Edited by Dr.O

15 minutes ago, xrade said:

He and Smith are actually similar. Waddle is more elusive where Smith is faster. Bama has been producing good WRs lately and these are just the next couple guys to make an impact. Smith I thought was going to enter this last draft where he would have been a 1st Rounder IMO.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He and Smith are actually similar. Waddle is more elusive where Smith is faster. Bama has been producing good WRs lately and these are just the next couple guys to make an impact. Smith I thought was going to enter this last draft where he would have been a 1st Rounder IMO.

Yes they have.  Perhaps a 'Bama CB would work for us as well.  Cue the sarcasm music.