Justin Fields Will Be Better Than Trevor Lawrence

sshle_

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bust as in Fields will be taken Top 3 and casually ranked around 12-20 for QBs on most of his seasons. I’m not saying the guy is JaMarcus or Mariota.

I agree with that then.  I also don't think he's worth a top 3 pick.  He looks like a league average QB.

• Like 1

What people think Justin Fields is the better athlete or something?  Fact is he is not, Lawrence is a full 3 inches taller than him yet runs just as well if not better arguably.

Trevor Lawrence 103 rush attempts, 563 yards, 5.5 per carry and 9 TDs

Justin Fields  137 rush attempts, 484 yards, 3.5 per carry and 10 TDs.

Lawrence has a stronger arm and has looked awesome this season.  Will be very interesting how Justin Fields looks this year, they lost a ton of weapons on offense with Hill, Victor and Mack.  All very experienced and productive receivers, not to mention Dobbins who was a tank.  Olave is still there and Wilson but will see who the 3rd and 4th guys are.  Over the past two years Ohio State has went 5-7 deep at WR and all were legit dangerous options, it was a massive reason to why they were so good offensively.  

If people think Justin Fields will be this Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson type in the NFL running around making plays all over athletically, they might be mistaken.   

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

What people think Justin Fields is the better athlete or something?  Fact is he is not, Lawrence is a full 3 inches taller than him yet runs just as well if not better arguably.

Lawrence has a stronger arm and has looked awesome this season.  Will be very interesting how Justin Fields looks this year, they lost a ton of weapons on offense with Hill, Victor and Mack.  All very experienced and productive receivers, not to mention Dobbins who was a tank.  Olave is still there and Wilson but will see who the 3rd and 4th guys are.  Over the past two years Ohio State has went 5-7 deep at WR and all were legit dangerous options, it was a massive reason to why they were so good offensively.  

If people think Justin Fields will be this Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson type in the NFL running around making plays all over athletically, they might be mistaken.   

Right on the money.  I have a preference for athletic QBs in the draft process and its one of the reasons I'm not that high on Justin Fields.  While he might run a fast 40 at the combine, he definitely doesn't look like an elite athlete on tape.  The numbers you posted pretty much confirm what I've felt about his athleticism from just watching him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I want Lawrence on the Vikings so bad

I don't think Lawerence will be as transformative as people think.  He's no Mahomes.  And will not impact a team like Lamar.  

I do think he'll be a very good high level starter.  But I doubt he lives up to the hype of being the highest rated QB prospect since Elway. 

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I want Lawrence on the Vikings so bad

As a Packers fan, I want Lawrence on the Packers so bad.

Short of the Bengals, Cards, Chiefs, and Ravens, literally every other team would take Lawrence over their current QB.  Give or take a couple teams we could debate.  

1 hour ago, VanS said:

I do think he'll be a very good high level starter.  But I doubt he lives up to the hype of being the highest rated QB prospect since Elway. 

I think he'll be similar to Andrew Luck in the NFL in terms of his impact on whatever franchise drafts him. 

5 hours ago, VanS said:

Right on the money.  I have a preference for athletic QBs in the draft process and its one of the reasons I'm not that high on Justin Fields.  While he might run a fast 40 at the combine, he definitely doesn't look like an elite athlete on tape.  The numbers you posted pretty much confirm what I've felt about his athleticism from just watching him. 

He is a very good athlete but Trevor is just as good of an athlete with more elite traits all around arguably.  Justin Fields will still be a top 5 pick though but no way do I think he is better than Trevor Lawrence.  

The best athletes at QB arguably in the draft are D'Eriq King and Kellen Mond.  Jamie Newman also but since he sat out this year doubt he declares, and Sam Ehlinger is a great runner at the QB spot and is very effective but is more a Tim Tebow power runner.   

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He is a very good athlete but Trevor is just as good of an athlete with more elite traits all around arguably.  Justin Fields will still be a top 5 pick though but no way do I think he is better than Trevor Lawrence.  

The best athletes at QB arguably in the draft are D'Eriq King and Kellen Mond.  Jamie Newman also but since he sat out this year doubt he declares, and Sam Ehlinger is a great runner at the QB spot and is very effective but is more a Tim Tebow power runner.   

Mond is an elite athlete at the QB position.  He reminds me of a shorter Colin Kaepernick.  He's my top sleeper candidate in this class.

18 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

As a Packers fan, I want Lawrence on the Packers so bad.

Short of the Bengals, Cards, Chiefs, and Ravens, literally every other team would take Lawrence over their current QB.  Give or take a couple teams we could debate.  

You've had enough elite QB play. Take a 30 break once Rodgers has retired.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:52 PM, Ozzy said:

I dont think we ever truly saw Fields being a true runner last year. They didnt really design too many concepts for him to run the ball. A lot of the plays of him running was him making something out of nothing and forcing the defense to make a mistake

Lawrence was a better runner than him last year but Fields was by far the better passer last year. 

Lawrence has looked good but again Clemson has faced crap so far as opponents.

tOSU might have lost weapons like you said but they arent rebuilding at WR, they are just reloading. The two best WRs on the team last year returned, Olave and Wilson, tOSU also added arguably the best HS WR in the nation to the mix. I strongly believe tOSU WRs are going to be better than last years. Also think their 4th and 5th WR will be just fine cause Hartline is coaching them up. Dude has been a beast at developing his WRs. Losing Dobbins stinks but they got a good replacement in Sermon. 

Also it is been reported that Fields has changed his diet and has leaned up so he is faster and stronger.

The real interesting part is to see what a Ryan Day offense looks like with a  2nd year QB. His 1st year, he had Barrett, 2nd yr, he had Haskins, 3rd yr, he had Fields.

So I believe we can see a better fields than we saw last year

I dont think he has to be Murray or Jackson and making all these crazy plays with his feet but last year he was pretty darn good when they were moving the pocket and he was able to make plays with his feet with roll outs boot legs and sprint outs. Now a 2nd year to be coached up by Day, he should have a better year than last year. 

now do I think Fields will be a better pro than Lawrence, who knows, it all depends on who drafts who, but Fields is easily the 2nd best QB and potentially could play himself into the #1 spot.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:52 PM, Ozzy said:

Well lets remember he played with a knee injury all season so naturally he didn't look as mobile as most think he is. Also Lawrence did look awesome last season except when he played OSU and LSU (Which people seem to give him a free pass). And you are saying those receivers made Fields? I hope not because I was not high on them at all.

KJ Hill - Had sure hands but was slow as a turtle 

Austin Mack - was a lot of nothing 

Benjamin Victor - Never lived up to his 4/5 * billing

I actually am so happy to see those guys go because they all were underachievers to some degree, along with Olave, Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams (remember the name), then we add the #1,5,10, 16 receiver prospects in the country including Julian Fleming who will play from day one, these are the real studs.

As far as Fields, he is a lot more athletic than he showed last year because of his knee all season but I do agree he is not a Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson type, but I do see him being a Deshaun Watson type of runner though easily. 

Also if you want to place blame on what made the offense so successful, it clearly was the offensive line which is one of the best in the country and returns all but one starter

• 3 months later...