Andy Dalton now a Cowboy

5x10

19 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

No, that wasn't the point. I am asking what is 30 million worth.

You yourself have agreed that Dak is a better QB. Calvert doesn't think so - but you do. Cool.

So my question is what is worth the 30 million.

If we miss the playoffs, is it worth spending the 30 million to just make it to the WC? Probably not.

What about winning the division? Is that worth it?

Championship Game?

Superbowl?

Superbowl win? I think this one is easy for everyone. If you knew better QB play would cement you a victory, Dak could ask for 50 and no one would care.

My question is a bright line test. What is 30 million worth to you. This isn't hard.

I’ve answered the question multiple times. If Andy leads us to the NFCC Game then it was the right decision not to pay Dak. If Andy gets us to the divisional then that’s as far as Dak, thus it was the right decision not to pay Dak. Going 1 or 2 and done is the bar that Dak set. So if Andy can reach that bar then it was the right decision not to pay Dak. Why pay $30m more for the same results? If we can’t get to the playoffs at a 50% rate like Dak then maybe yeah, we should have paid Dak. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If we had kept Jones and Traded for Adams - would have been very nice. Team is very talented. It is one of the reasons I am so excited for the potential. Also one of the reasons I am more inclined to essentially give Dak whatever he wants. I am all in this year.

I honestly think next year will be our best bet. Especially if we get an legit pass rusher next year like Joe Tyron.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I’ve answered the question multiple times. If Andy leads us to the NFCC Game then it was the right decision not to pay Dak. If Andy gets us to the divisional then that’s as far as Dak, thus it was the right decision not to pay Dak. Going 1 or 2 and done is the bar that Dak set. So if Andy can reach that bar then it was the right decision not to pay Dak. Why pay $30m more for the same results? If we can’t get to the playoffs at a 50% rate like Dak then maybe yeah, we should have paid Dak. 

So if we make the playoffs with Dalton, it justify's not paying Dak? That is what I wanted to know.

How far do you THINK Dalton can take us?

How far do you THINK Dak (a better QB, as of you have said) can take us?

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I honestly think next year will be our best bet. Especially if we get an legit pass rusher next year like Joe Tyron.

With a truncated off-season, you might be right. We don't know how training-camp is going to impact anything with a new coaching staff.

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

So if we make the playoffs with Dalton, it justify's not paying Dak? That is what I wanted to know.

How far do you THINK Dalton can take us?

How far do you THINK Dak (a better QB, as of you have said) can take us?

I think both can take us all the way. The odds of which would probably be the same depending on how we allocate the savings. Dak gives us better odds of winning the SB if the roster is the same. But if it’s Dalton, Adams, and Clowney vs. just Dak..... I think it’s a wash and may in fact favor Dalton

I haven't read all the negative posts and don't plan to.. I already have the basics of it. seen it, been there , done that.

Let's see if this is about it...

If Dallas wins the SB, it's because Dak had a great team. If Dallas doesn't go deep (NFC title or SB) it's Dak's fault..

So basically this year coming is a lose/lose for Dak no matter what happens..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I haven't read all the negative posts and don't plan to.. I already have the basics of it. seen it, been there , done that.

If Dallas wins the SB, it's because Dak had a great team. If Dallas doesn't go deep (NFC title or SB) it's Dak's fault..

Yeah this thread is the worst. Its literally people arguing if a dude who got benched and cut from the Bengals is better than a guy who was being discussed as MVP of the NFL. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah this thread is the worst. Its literally people arguing if a dude who got benched and cut from the Bengals is better than a guy who was being discussed as MVP of the NFL. 

I am stunned at the level of people that think they are basically the same.

6 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am stunned at the level of people that think they are basically the same.

Not sure how many people were saying that?

I saw people comparing the cost of Dalton at $3 mill vs Dak at $35.

Also saw people stating they would expect Dalton to be able to perform better here than what he did in Cincy given the talent.

32 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I think that's a bit far fetched.

Isnt that similar to people who are infatuated with Dak?

We win and we hear about all these stats about Dak being one of the most wins by a QB and multiple charts about how the run game doesnt matter.

When we lose, our oline is terrible, Dak didnt have a true number 1, our defense needs improvement and every draft we need more weapons because our average tight end isnt good enough for Dak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

Not sure how many people were saying that?

I saw people comparing the cost of Dalton at $3 mill vs Dak at $35.

Also saw people stating they would expect Dalton to be able to perform better here than what he did in Cincy given the talent.

It's between two threads. I am not going to go back and quote all the absurd people. 

But Dalton absolutely should be able to perform much better here. This is an amazing signing - especially the cost attached. We should be very happy to have him. 

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It's between two threads. I am not going to go back and quote all the absurd people. 

But Dalton absolutely should be able to perform much better here. This is an amazing signing - especially the cost attached. We should be very happy to have him. 

I dont disagree with you. Maybe I just missed those posts because its nonsense.

I was in a debate that some tried to state Cincy was just as stacked offensively as we are now.

I do love this signing as well. Gives us a competent backup and someone that if Dak held out for a few games, should keep us a float.