Chances Seahawks miss the playoffs?

Blackstar12

Too early for me as of yet. Ever since Wilson has come to town, they've been far better in the second half than they have been in the first. Right now, my biggest concern isn't even the offense, which before last week was pretty bad. It's the defense. Hyde and Breida shredded them in week 2 at home. This week, the Titans were very effective on the ground (granted, buoyed by the 75 yard run by Demarco). I think the 49ers are awful, and the Cards aren't that good (seem more like a team that will win 6 or 7 games). The Rams obviously look good, but their two wins have come against a bad Indy and bad 49er team, while narrowly losing to Washington. I do really like what I see from the Rams, but I'm not ready to crown them just yet. I still think that there's a good chance Seattle wins the division - I'm not completely ready to discount what I thought at the start of the season.

I would say there is a decent chance, but I expect the Seahawks to be apart of the post-season.  The Rams are looking good right now, but it's so early in the season.  They are a really young team, so there is a chance they collapse down the stretch, especially if the Seahawks are putting a lot of pressure on them for the divisional lead.  Also, there is a fair chance the Seahawks play better as the season goes along, which seems like somewhat of a theme for this team.

On the flipside, this also appears to be a team that could be a few games away from totally imploding.  It's really difficult to tell, but I think they will win the division when it's all said and done - even though they aren't the best team in the division as of right now.

I wouldn't bet on it at this point. As bad as their start looks, they don't have a terribly tough schedule, and it isn't like they've gotten blown out by bad teams in their two losses so far. Tennessee and Green Bay are perfectly respectable teams to lose to. Additionally, this question largely comes down to how much you believe in the Rams. I don't see any chance that Arizona or San Fran do anything meaningful in that division. So it pretty much has to be the Rams that usurp them for the divisional crown, and as impressive as that offense has looked, they haven't really faced a notable defense yet. I'd like to see the Rams beat a legit team, or better yet, beat Seattle, before I predict the Seahawks to miss. It helps that, like Forge said, they've been a second half of the year kind of team for years, anyway. I could see them imploding with another loss or two or getting it together and breaking out down the stretch. Just too hard to tell.

Not very high.  Their offensive line issues clearly haven't been fixed, but the 2 teams they've lost 2 are green bay and Tennessee, both of which are likely playoff teams.  Russell Wilson played MUCH better last Sunday against the Titans, and the Seahawks defensive line has the potential to be lethal after the addition of Sheldon Richardson, who has held his own so far.  I doubt the Rams will be anything more than a 6-8 win team, and I doubt Arizona or San Francisco does anything either

This is also the perfect time to get some momentum going.  They face the Luck-less Colts on Sunday, followed by the Rams on the road, Giants on the road, and Texans at home.  They could very well be 5-2 (or at least 4-3) by the time Week 8 rolls around 

28 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Not very high.  Their offensive line issues clearly haven't been fixed, but the 2 teams they've lost 2 are green bay and Tennessee, both of which are likely playoff teams.  Russell Wilson played MUCH better last Sunday against the Titans, and the Seahawks defensive line has the potential to be lethal after the addition of Sheldon Richardson, who has held his own so far.  I doubt the Rams will be anything more than a 6-8 win team, and I doubt Arizona or San Francisco does anything either

This is also the perfect time to get some momentum going.  They face the Luck-less Colts on Sunday, followed by the Rams on the road, Giants on the road, and Texans at home.  They could very well be 5-2 (or at least 4-3) by the time Week 8 rolls around 

What makes you think the Seahawks are better than the Rams right now?

I don't personally think the NFCW is getting a wildcard spot, so it will probably be down to the Rams and Hawks taking the top spot.  So far, the Rams have looked better and should only get better as the season goes on with New Coach, 2nd year QB and all of the new weapons gelling more and more.  On the other side of the coin, Seattle's defense is still top-shelf but that offense is even worse than it was last year.  But..Seattle always seems to get on a streak at the end of the season when they're cornered.

My money is on the Rams taking the division and Seattle missing out on the Wild Card spot.  Wouldn't be a bad thing for Seattle fans as this will probably mark the end for Bevell and Cable. Sometimes you've got to have a set-back to in order to initiate change.

If I was a Seahawks fan I'd be worried. They have competition in the Rams. In previous years no matter what happens nobody truly took the Rams serious because they couldn't score. The offense wasn't scaring anyone and all they had was defense at times and special teams. The Rams now have offense. I'm not worried about the early struggles from the defense because admiss the struggles, the Rams still are 2nd in the NFC in sacks and they already have 5 takeaways (safety, 2 defensive tds and another nearly pick six that was stop short of the endzone). I trust Wade will get this defense going as the season goes on but we know the Rams defensively gives the Seahawks problems anyways, now the Rams bring in offense where it won't be 9-6 scores.

The Seahawks problems run deep. They have a terrible oline, no run game, and the defense is playing way too many snaps in games and getting worn down. Just as people say the Rams have a tough schedule, the Seahawks have an even tougher schedule since they place a 1st place schedule. They already played the Packers but they have to play the Falcons as well. So while it's easy to assume they will do what they always do and figure it out, well when will that time come where they just don't? The Rams have all the pieces in place, I've been saying that Fisher got them to a certain point but never could get them over that hump to win th division but it will take another coach to come in and take a talented team to places it never been. The Seahawks chances of missing the playoffs under 50% just because I like the Rams chances in the division and the NFC conference is tough so it's gonna be a battle for a flawed Seahawks team to make the playoffs via wild card.

Archived