AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

11 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Don’t look now but the Colts are only 1 game back from us

They hit the soft part of their schedule and we aren't careful we will be part of it. 

They have the jags twice and some other winnable games. 

But look like the Raiders gave this one away. Fumbled and dropped at least 2 Luck INTs. 

• Like 1

I believe it is going to come down to maybe the final week for this division. Whether we are in it or not, is left to be seen. 
But the Colts are going to rack up a few more wins. 
They have the:
Giants
Titans x2
Jags x 2
Texans
Dolphins
Cowboys

I think they beat the Giants, beat us once, beat the Jag once, Dolphins. That puts them at 7 wins. Which actually shouldn't be enough. But they might get to 8 wins by sweeping us or the Jags or getting the Cowboys.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 9:25 AM, KingTitan said:

I believe it is going to come down to maybe the final week for this division. Whether we are in it or not, is left to be seen. 
But the Colts are going to rack up a few more wins. 
They have the:
Giants
Titans x2
Jags x 2
Texans
Dolphins
Cowboys

I think they beat the Giants, beat us once, beat the Jag once, Dolphins. That puts them at 7 wins. Which actually shouldn't be enough. But they might get to 8 wins by sweeping us or the Jags or getting the Cowboys.

From the depths of my soul, thank you for humbling the chowds. Well......freaking....done.

Our game against you next week looks pretty damned tough. We have the offense, but our secondary is suffering for a lack of pass rush. Bortles basically used check downs on us all day. 

Actually from here on out every game we play I consider very winnable

washington giants jets indy x2 jags texans

we still control our own destiny. Should go undefeated based on how we played last two weeks but that would be a lot to ask and expect.  And I am counting on 5-2 at worst 

I also see Indy loosing 3-4 games and could loose 5 - us twice Texas Miami and Dallas all these teams are better then the colts

I'm thinking of us as a wild card team again this year because I don't see the Texans slowing down and they've got a lot of winnable games ahead. I actually think 9-7 would be good enough to get the wild-card again but would probably come down to a tiebreaker with Cincy or Miami or Baltimore and they all have the tiebreaker ahead of us. So we really need to aim for 10 wins which would be winning 5 of our last 7 (or 7 of our last 9 at this point) which is no walk in the park. So there's still a long way to go. I do think this season would be a bust if we didn't get back to the playoffs but it's going to be harder to do this year because the AFC is better. 

8 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Completed one pass beyond 10 yards yesterday and he finished with a YPA of 8.4. Box scores can be deceiving folks.

This is true, but I think it's also worth noting it can be a sign of good play design too. Drew Brees has made a HoF career off of dumping it off on well design slants, screens, outs, etc. Of course the difference between Brees and Bortles(and most QBs in the NFL to be fair) is when Brees does need to go downfield he does it as well as anyone.

Doesn't hurt that Payton is a genius.

Jags put up 26 points yesterday so the offense and Bortles obviously did some good things.