Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I am really interested to see how Sam Hubbard is going to do in the SIM. Second most tackles for a Dlineman last season after Cam Heyward in 15 games and 8.5 sacks. @SirA1 what do you think since you drafted him last year? He probably won’t do anything knowing my luck. But as SirA1 said I think it’s fun to see how a guy does in the SIM for the first time. 

very intersted in Yetur Gross-Matos for the same reason

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I can see 6-7 sacks. He was a 3rd round pick so doesn't get much of a boost from that. I'm going to stash Davenport and Sweat this season to see if they break out and use them next season if there is one. I am also hate drafting for the Squirrels.

I had Sweat top of my board since my last picks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

I can see 6-7 sacks. He was a 3rd round pick so doesn't get much of a boost from that. I'm going to stash Davenport and Sweat this season to see if they break out and use them next season if there is one. I am also hate drafting for the Squirrels.

How many years in does the draft position not matter if a player is good? Like Quenton Nelson hasn’t given up a sack in what over 30 games and was picked 6th overall. Yet he gives up 10 sacks in the Sim. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

How many years in does the draft position not matter if a player is good? Like Quenton Nelson hasn’t given up a sack in what over 30 games and was picked 6th overall. Yet he gives up 10 sacks in the Sim. 

I think it is only a minor adjustment. When stuff like sacks happen they have to be assigned to someone. No one is ever going to have 0 sacks in the sim. I had a similar thing with Ramczyk a few seasons ago. IRL he was boss but would give up 10-13 sacks in the sim. So I don't try to worry about Sacks too much for OL. I try to look for an overall net positive between Pancakes vs. Sacks/Stuffs. 

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I completely ignore sacks in the sim. Nacho has said that basically OL are the only one who collects sack but they aren't always the ones who give them up basically. A TE can be blocking and give up a sack and I believe it will just attribute the sack to the nearest OL or something like that. I just draft them based on how they perform in the NFL, I also haven't won a championship though...so...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I completely ignore sacks in the sim. Nacho has said that basically OL are the only one who collects sack but they aren't always the ones who give them up basically. A TE can be blocking and give up a sack and I believe it will just attribute the sack to the nearest OL or something like that. I just draft them based on how they perform in the NFL, I also haven't won a championship though...so...

Well Ram had a great sim season last year to match his real life success. Hopefully Nelson can do that this Sim season.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Given that players are rated based on their past 3 seasons, I would say it'd take 3 NFL seasons before that doesn't matter.

Personally, once two NFL seasons are under a player's belt I start ignoring draft status / combine results, assuming they've thrived / done well the first two years; if they had a slow rookie season / sophomore slump, still a bit risky.

Example for my team: Andrew Thomas might be a great OT prospect, but I'm still debating whether I'd trust him to start for me or if I should target a veteran later on. Likewise, I'm not entirely sure Terry will be my #2/3 once the season kicks off.