BFMD 2020: Draft Thread

Reginaldm9

31 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's just depth, not sure how much effort is needed. Once I have my starters and HC I no longer really care about getting great value or anything, just finishing up the roster. Maybe try to grab a possible roty candidate.

But yeah, I'd probably prefer a 30 man roster as opposed to whatever we're doing because this isn't  keeper draft...

Idk man, my favorite part of this is how it isn’t fantasy football. It’s like a legit team. I like looking up players who could make a big impact who most people don’t normally think of.

if some people aren’t into the long haul style of building a team then maybe this isn’t their jam, which is fine and probably part of the reason we haven’t done it in so long.  But it’s just a different animal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Idk man, my favorite part of this is how it isn’t fantasy football. It’s like a legit team. I like looking up players who could make a big impact who most people don’t normally think of.

if some people aren’t into the long haul style of building a team then maybe this isn’t their jam, which is fine and probably part of the reason we haven’t done it in so long.  But it’s just a different animal. 

I get that and if there were more teams in this or we only did one conference it would be more of a challenge (not saying I'm up to it). With 10 teams drafting the entire league we all have good to great players starting so we don't have to be deep or worry too much about the future. It's still hey look this guy did better than that one but as far as pretending that you need reserves to take over for your starters when we all have pro-bowl rosters it just isn't very realistic. Also, you're over the cap and your team is eliminated from this competition.

Now if we were doing like 32 teams I would want it to be like the old days when there were a handful of people working together and the forum helping out by giving their opinion, I wouldn't want to take on that task alone. Both are fun imo though and this is something that I can do by myself without dedicating a lot of time to it because I don't have a lot atm.