TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

37 minutes ago, MacReady said:

That’s what I said every time I tried it before this time. But every year on my birthday I get drunk and watch The Thing. This year I decided to do that with some J&B whiskey. I figured if I hated it I’d just dilute it with some carbonated water and lemon, but I found myself liking it.

I feel like I’ve entered into a whole new world now that I’ve acquired the taste.

Just make sure you don't drink anything aged more than 12 years or you'll never win a SuperBowl*!

*Unless you're drinking with Mahomes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

gross

You don't like Scotch?  

Once in a while, a good scotch on the rocks or with a splash of water is really good.  

I did buy some Ron Burgundy scotch as a joke one time.  That was horrible.  I brought it to a party.  Eventually a few people were drunk enough that they didn't care, and drank it.  

This is on the short list of worst beverages I have tasted.  ronburgscotch705.0.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You don't like Scotch?  

Once in a while, a good scotch on the rocks or with a splash of water is really good.  

I did buy some Ron Burgundy scotch as a joke one time.  That was horrible.  I brought it to a party.  Eventually a few people were drunk enough that they didn't care, and drank it.  

This is on the short list of worst beverages I have tasted.  ronburgscotch705.0.jpg

Not even a little bit. Tried it a couple times and it was almost the worst thing I've tasted. 

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

All whiskey is awful.  

As someone who drinks whiskey as their drink of choice pretty much exclusively I agree.

"It's an acquired taste."...

That is one of my all time least favorite sayings. I'm certain I've said this here before but you know what's not an "acquired taste"? Stuff that actually tastes good. 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Whiskey is meh, whisky is great.

Yup. 100%. This is too sweet maybe adding a little bit of burnt moss to the flavor of anything is almost always the right way to go. s/

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Yup. 100%. This is too sweet maybe adding a little bit of burnt moss to the flavor of anything is almost always the right way to go. s/

Although the peaty and smokey scotches are seen as typical, there is a huge variety in flavor profiles. Just like mezcal, if smokiness is not your thing you can find much cleaner examples but you might have to look around a bit. 

Ron Filipkowski  -   New York Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tells Tucker Carlson that he wishes Joe Biden knew as much about American history as Vladimir Putin knows about Russian history.